BiggTime
Badtothebone

Lebron James is better than Kobe Bryant

Started: 5/16/2013 Category: Sports

BiggTime

Pro

This is something I always felt like I needed to solve. Yes both are great players but I have an urge to know who is better personally I feel like Lebron I'd better but I'm willing to argue this with some who begs to differ:
Rules:
-no swearing
- legitimate facts
- somebody who actually knows basketball
- don't just debate using the fact that Kobe has 5 to Lebron 1 I mean you can use it but it can't be your sole argument
Badtothebone

Con

i accept your argument
BiggTime

Pro

BiggTime forfeited this round.
Badtothebone

Con

Kobe makes better free throws than lebron
BiggTime

Pro

Sure that addresses lebrons only weakness. If you want to call it that. He shoots it at a career rate of around 75% which isnt great but it isnt horrible either (http://ca.sports.yahoo.com...).

Now addressing Kobe Bryant. Kobe has been considered as one of the greatest shooters in the game today. yet for his career he shoots at a average 45% for his career his highest mark ever being 46.9%. He is considered one of the best three-point shooters in the league right now yet his career average is 33.6%. His highest mark ever was 37.5% during his rookie season (where he didnt even play alot). http://espn.go.com.... If you wish to check. Just looking at shooting number, Lebrons average for his career is 49%. Lebron has been critised for not being a great shooter for outside the paint yet his career three point percetage is higher than kobes! Lebrons percentage is at 33.7% his highest ever field goal percentage is 56%! thats is extremely high considering the amount of shots lebron take per game. He even shot the three-pointer at a rate of 40.6% for this season. Both are numbers that Kobe Bryant hasnt reached yet. These are just shooting numbers.

When addressing lebron you have to realize that he is the full deal. He plays point forward. He can score, pass, rebound, defend, he can do anything at a high and consistent rate. This season he averaged 27 points, 8 rebounds, and 7 assists. he is a triple double machine. Whatever Lebron James does on the floor is effective. If you were to look at the top ten PER (Player Efficiency Rating) there are only three names on that list. Wilt, Michael Jordan, and Lebron. In his Young career it shows his total dominance of the game.
Badtothebone

Con

Hmmm Lebrun fans really overcelebrate him all the time. He is too commercial
BiggTime

Pro

BiggTime forfeited this round.
Badtothebone

Con

Badtothebone forfeited this round.