Tortus267
brontoraptor

Lebron James is better than Kobe Bryant

Tortus267 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 7/8/2016 Category: Sports

Tortus267

Pro

Lebron James is already better than Kobe Bryant. Con can start making arguments.
brontoraptor

Con

Kobe Bryant vs Lebron James

*

DEFENSE

Kobe
9" NBA All-Defensive First Team (2000, 2003"2004, 2006"2011

Lebron
5" NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009"2013)

*

CHAMPIONSHIPS

Kobe
5" NBA champion (2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

Lebron
3" NBA champion (2012, 2013, 2016)

Finals record-

Kobe-
5-2

Lebron-
3-4

*

ALL-TIME

Kobe-
Los Angeles Lakers all-time leading scorer

Lebron-
NA

*

ALLSTAR

Kobe-
18" NBA All-Star (1998, 2000"2016)

Lebron-
12" NBA All-Star (2005"2016)

*

The difference between Kobe's career and Lebron's career has been beliefs and fear or lack of fear.

"The topic of leadership is a touchy one. A lot of leaders fail because they don't have the bravery to touch that nerve or strike that chord. Throughout my years, I haven't had that fear."
-Kobe Bryant

"Sometimes in the past when I played something might make me lose focus, or I would go home after a game where I thought I could have played better and I would let it hang over my head for a long time when it shouldn't."
-LeBron James

If there is anything critical about James' career, this has been it. He has been critisized by media and myself for being afraid when the pressure hits. He sometimes became hesitant, appearing to not want the ball, scared of the moment. Kobe never showed any such demeanor. Kobe wanted the ball. Kobe wanted to rip your heart out. Kobe wanted to eat your children and set you on fire.

*

Will Lebron reach Kobe's 5 championships? Maybe, maybe not. What Lebron has working against him is time and the battle of attrition. Time could be his friend or his worst enemy. Why?

At this stage with Kobe it was "will he reach Jordan's six?" It looked rather plausable. It did not happen. Lebron is heading down that same stretch where alliances can fade, you are one step slower, injuries begin kreeping in, and people see it and turn up the heat on your noticable slowdown.

Jordan and Bryant hit a point where their physical abilities gave way, and their game was changed. Jordan went from an air climbing aerial acrobat to a power player fueled simply by rage and a lust to never fail. Lebron does not have Jordan's situation with his passing father to fuel him in this way.

Kobe began having nagging injuries kreep in constantly at the point where fans thought he would make a move on Jordan. There's an age where no matter the athlete, the body changes. Suddenly bodily injuries don't just spring back. Weight gain begins to become your bitter enemy, flexibility vanishes, and leaping ability begins to fall. Lebron is on the cusp of this phenomenon, so he'd have to move quick.

*

Another thing killing Lebron in this argument is the plethera of NBA finals defeats. He cannot make up this stat other than if he were to win 6 or more NBA finals by the end. Keep in mind Lebron is only 5 years younger than Bryant who is now retired. Lebron needs 3 rings, and getting his 3rd looked like a miracle.

This phenomena happened to Kobe with Jordan. Jordan was 6-0 in the finals. Once Kobe lost a couple of championships it became a game of needing to surpass Jordan's win total to make any argument. The same now has happened to Lebron in regards to Kobe. Lebron needs 6 minimal. Hardly anyone including team jumping role players ever get to 6. Since Jordan and Scottie Pippen no one has done it including Kobe.

*

ROADBLOCK

The very team (Warriors) that Cleveland needed a miracle comeback to beat now has Kevin Durant. With Curry and Durant you have 2 scoring champions and MVP's now on the same team probably facing Lebron head to head in theory.

*

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

mobile.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/lebronjame425385.html

http://mobile.brainyquote.com...