TurnaboutKing
Tophatdoc

Lee Everett is a better protagonist than Rick Grimes

Tophatdoc
Started: 12/12/2013 Category: Games

TurnaboutKing

Pro

Within the world of the Walking Dead we are given two protagonists in two medias: Lee Everett and Rick Grimes. Which one is better? I think Lee is a better man to be around in the apocalypse.

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Lee and Rick Pros and Cons
Round 3: Two Meet in a walker infested area with Lee thinking Rick has Clem and Rick thinks Lee has Carl
Round 4: Finishing Arguments
Tophatdoc

Con

I accept. As the Con side I will be arguing that Rick Grimes is a better protagonist than Lee Everett.
TurnaboutKing

Pro

Thanks, also I forgot to mention that Round 3 is Post-Hand Rick and Post-Arm Lee (assuming in this AU that Lee survived Savannah).

Lee Everett
Pros:
- Dealt with the death of his family almost immediately after the breakout; hardening him much quicker than Rick
- Incredible endurance: managed to kill tons of Walkers like a slasher villain with a cleaver when he only had one arm; also he cut off his own entire arm as opposed to Rick simply cutting off his hand
- Selfless and Merciful: he would be willing to help people he doesn't know
- Remains neutral: will attempt to not choose sides and attempt to keep everyone calm
- He led a group of ingenuity and managed to keep most of his original group alive
- Skill with both firearms and melee weapons: Like I said he cleaved his way through dozens of Walkers in episode 5
- Trained Clementine to fight and survive much quicker than Rick did with Carl
- Intelligence: he was a much smarter man than Rick seeing as he was a University professor whereas Rick as was an officer
- Leadership: managed to keep his entire group under control and keep anyone from rebelling; even with Larry he was able to keep in check as well
- Good allies: prior to Savannah he had a great deal of allies that managed to survive for a long period of time
- Fast and furious with a salt lick

Cons:
- Very over protective of Clementine and would be willing to do anything to keep her safe; got bitten by a Walker trying to look for her
- Neutrality: many of his group members would argue and become angry with Lee because of neutrality and keeping them calm
- Very small group: doesn't have a lot of members to his group by the end and loses almost everyone in Savannah
- Rick is more adept with guns probably: sine he was a policeman, Rick is probably better with firearms than Lee.
- Good nature can also lead to his downfall seeing as he is a little too trusting throughout the series until Savannah
- Only has one arm
Tophatdoc

Con

***SPOILER ALERT**** The Pro side forgot to add that this debate will be full of spoilers.

Rick Grimes
Pro:
- Searched for his family and found them after he was in a coma. That requires strength.
-Was more than strong enough to continue surviving after his wife died.
- He defeated the Governor and his thugs.
-Rescued the survivors of Woodbury.
- He has been a leader of a diverse group of survivors. Grimes has had to make the hard decisions.
-He has asked people to leave the group and killed those who were a threat to it(Shane).
- Grimes picks sides to preserve the group. For example when he told Carol she had to leave the group. She could of caused infighting in the group when she killed the two infected survivors.
- He is skilled with melee weapons and firearms. He is more skilled then Lee because he was a police officer. This is why Grimes has not been bitten.
- Rick wanted Carl to maintain his childhood innocence by preventing him from killing the zombies.
- Grimes found several havens for his group to hide in. Grimes found the prison.
-Grimes had a colony of survivors in the prison.
- Grimes has had many trustworthy allies that have come and gone ranging from Hershel, to Shane, and Carol to some extent.
- Grimes doesn't get bitten like Lee Everett.

Cons:
- Rick Grimes is too overprotective of Carl which leads to Carl learning how to kill by himself.
- Grimes would be hesitant at times for being a group leader. Like his failure to stop Shane sooner. But he made up for this later by telling Carol to leave the group before she instigated more trouble.
- Grimes has allowed some of his group members to die.
-Grimes has had to kill other survivors to survive.
- Grimes can be emotional at times. Grimes was in a state of depression when his wife was killed.
- He was a poor negotiator with the Governor.
TurnaboutKing

Pro

TurnaboutKing forfeited this round.
Tophatdoc

Con

I don't quite understand what is being asked of in this round.

I will say that Rick is overprotective of Carl so he might try to attack Lee. Lee on the other hand tends to worry about Clem constantly rather than be overprotective. I am sure that Lee will try to reason with Rick to find Clem. I don't think Rick will be interested in negotiating with his son missing.

As shown in the first season, Rick Grimes will do anything to find and protect his family(1). He would attempt to eliminate lee or anyone else to protect Carl.

Source
-The Walking Dead (TV Series)
TurnaboutKing

Pro

TurnaboutKing forfeited this round.
Tophatdoc

Con

It appears my opponent has not made a closing argument. I will make mine short in that case.

Rick Grimes has taken care of his family in the midst of the apocalypse. Grimes has not die protecting them either. That is why Rick Grimes is better than Lee Everett. Lee Everett is dead while Clementine roams the apocalypse by herself. Rick Grimes has made sure to stay alive to protect his family.
Posted by TurnaboutKing 3 years ago
TurnaboutKing
I am sorry to say that I will have to forfeit the rest of these rounds. My finals are this week and with all the stuff going on right now, I will not be able to give my all in this debate. I am deeply sorry as I was wishing to see an outcome, as
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
TurnaboutKingTophatdocTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.