ksteelers
InfraFred

Left Twix better than the Right Twix?

InfraFred
Started: 5/5/2014 Category: Funny

ksteelers

Pro

This is a debate to see whether or not the Left Twix is better than the Right Twix. This is not a serious debate, but a debate just for the hell of it. Being a new member here, it'll also help me gain more experience for when I start serious debates with other people.

My opponent will be arguing on how the Right Twix is better than the Left Twix. This debate is open for anyone, so first-come, first-serve.
InfraFred

Con

I accept, as a new member also. The right twix is the right way!

I presume round one is acceptance only. Over to you, ksteelers.
ksteelers

Pro

Thank you for accepting my challenge.

Now let's talk about how the Left Twix is better than that abomination of a candy they call the Right Twix.

First off, the Left Twix selects only the most delicious cookie bar for the candy. Unlike the other side, they carefully inspect the cookie to make sure that it'll make people's mouths water with delight.

Caramel is then flowed ever so gently onto that cookie to give it that creamy sensation. After the caramel, the candy is then bathed in only the most delectable chocolate that the company can find.

They show off their pride by giving the public the best quality everyone searches for when buying candy. No one can resist the creamy and rich taste of the Left Twix.
InfraFred

Con

I will undoubtedly prove that the right twix is the right side.

First I will bring to your attention the flaws in pro's 4 paragraphs of despicable writing describing something he likes to call candy.

Unlike the other side, they carefully inspect the cookie...

The right twix not only inspects the cookie, along with placing perfect ingredients inside the wrapper, but they even take extra care of cleaning equipment, as stated directly from the source:

"Between shifts, the equipment is reviewed and conveyor belts are replaced to avoid any unwanted cookie mingling."

Right twix takes great pride in inspecting each element of the candy to create a sanity and delicious product.

Caramel is then flowed ever so gently onto that cookie...

Well, that is nothing compared to the process of the right twix. The right twix cascades caramel over the cookie, creating a creamy taste and texture. Cascading is much smoother than flowing, and creates a smoother texture.

The candy is then bathed in only the most delectable chocolate that the company can find.

Right twix candy is cloaked in perfect chocolate, a much more delicate process than that of left twix. Bathing? Who needs bathing when you can cloak caramel and cookie in rich chocolate.

The best quality? You mean second best to right twix! And, I can certainly resist the left twix when competing with it is the right twix delicacy.

Now, my points.

1. The right twix is the first choice of 87% of customers.

Approxiamately 13% of the world is left handed, meaning the right-handers are making an impact of their right-sided way of doing things. We have right-handed sewing machines, scissors, base-ball gloves, cup-holders on chairs, lecture desks, and so on. And now we have... the right twix.

87% of this world are right handed. They will open a twix packet, and first pull out the right twix, due to nature's way of telling them to do so, and, of course, the right twix looks much more appealing. They have made the "right" choice, in two ways. This taste sensation will flow into their mouth and the "bar" will be raised for their second twix bar... the long-dreaded left twix. They'll reach into the packet, expectations high for their next twix. But, alas, these expectations have not been met, due to the only "flowing" caramel, not cascaded, and it being "bathed" in chocolate, unlike the cloaked right twix. They are disappointed.

This is the story too many right handers have to face. It is the cold reality of the left twix bar.

To follow this up, 70% of the world drive on the right side of the road. Even the traffic system are catching on to the fact that the right side of things is the right way.

There is a reason why is is called the "right" side. It is the best side, in any situation: traffic, sewing, baseball, cup holding, lectures and chocolate.

2. The process is a delicacy.

I'll make this short and sweet. The process has three main steps, as quoted directly from the source:

"1. We take a scrumptious cookie bar

2. We cascade caramel over the cookie

3. We cloak it in chocolate"

This process is not only gentle, but generous with each ingredient, something people yearn for in confectionary.

This source goes into more depth about the process:

"Our recipe brings chocolate, cookie, and caramel together in an elaborate synthesis of time-honored processes."

This is an honoured process. Honoured by the hundred millions of right twix supporters. The process is delicate and elaborate, making the right twix the best twix.

3. Left twix cannot match right twix, no matter their plagiarism.

Source three also states:

"The Right TWIX® Factory delights in creating a truly unmatched kind of candy experience, unlike say the cookie bar plagiarists at Left TWIX®."

The source even says itself that the left twix resort to plagiarism to attempt to match the right twix taste, but they are no competition.

There is a reason why "left" rhymes with "theft".

The right twix is the right side. In two different meanings.

Over to you, pro, and your left twix babble.

http://www.ask.com...

http://www.buzzfeed.com...

http://www.twix.com...

http://www.worldstandards.eu...

ksteelers

Pro

Oh, you silly little person. the Right Twix company has obviously brainwashed you into thinking that their twix is better than the Left Twix.

I have a few points that I'll use to counter your points.

1. Quality over Quantity

Just because something is popular and loved by most of the public, it doesn't mean that they're obviously better than another company. What happens when a product gets more popular? The demand for that product rises. What happens when the product rises? Changes to the recipe would have to be made in order to sell the product inexpensively.

Since more people go for the Right Twix, the Left Twix can easily focus on perfecting the twix without worrying about a massive order. This means that the workers wouldn't be stressed out due to the high demand, and they can put more love into the chocolaty sensation that is known as the Left Twix.

Also, whenever you go out to a restaurant, would you go to a well-known one such as McDonald's, or would you go to a local family owned restaurant that isn't that popular? I'd go to the family owned restaurant because most of the time they make their food fresh.

2. Left Twix has a better process.

Why would anyone cascade caramel onto a cookie bar? That would cause uneven proportions in that candy, which would ruin the entire experience of it. The Left Twix has the decency to flow the caramel evenly onto their cookie bar, which evenly distributes the gooey goodness all over the cookie.

Cloaked in chocolate? Please. Bathing in chocolate allows the caramel-covered cookie to absorb the rich taste of the chocolate while also preserving the crispy sensation whenever you bite into a Left Twix candy bar.

3. Right Twix are the plagiarists.

How can they have the audacity to say that Left Twix is plagiarising when the Right Twix hasn't even perfected their recipe yet? I always wanted to gag whenever I see a Right Twix.

On their half of the website, the Left Twix states: 'The Left TWIX® Factory prides itself on building a truly one of a kind chocolate bar experience, as opposed to those knockoff artists at Right TWIX®.'

The Left Twix shows their pride in their candy bar. A sign of their dignity is stamped onto the twix as it is shipped all over, bringing joy to those who consume it.

Now back to you and your 'Right Twix is best' bs.
InfraFred

Con

I will counter pro's arguments.

Just because something is popular and loved by most of the public, it doesn't mean that they're obviously better than another company.

First of all, in this statement pro is not only admitting that right twix is loved by most of the public, but he proposes some strange idea about the more loved company not being the better company. If the public loves a company over another, surely it would be because it is the better company? There is a reason that most, if not all, of the public loves right twix over left twix, and that is because right twix is the greater company. If left twix were the better company, then people would love the left twix over the right twix. But it is not, and therefore people love the right twix.

What happens when a product gets more popular? The demand for that product rises. What happens when the product rises? Changes to the recipe would have to be made in order to sell the product inexpensively.

Again, pro is saying that right twix is more popular, contradicting his argument. I restate, there is a reason the demand for the product is rising, and that is because it is the better twix. This statement is also made without proof that right twix have taken such actions of "changing the recipe". If right twix has changed the recipe, then why is the product still more loved than left twix?

May I also inform pro that both left twix and right twix are in the same wrapper. So it doesn't matter what the demand is for one twix, equal amounts of each twix is created. You never get two right twix's or two left twix's in the same wrapper for obvious reasons. If the demand goes up for one twix, then both twix's will rise in production levels.

Since more people go for the Right Twix, the Left Twix can easily focus on perfecting the twix without worrying about a massive order.

Again, they are in the same wrapper. The order is equal.

This means that the workers wouldn't be stressed out due to the high demand, and they can put more love into the chocolaty sensation that is known as the Left Twix.

This doesn't make left twix better. Please explain what this has to do with chocolate.

No no, you don't understand. Cascading caramel onto cookie creates thicker caramel on top. This balances out the delicate crunch of the cookie. Flowing caramel only places a thin layer on top of the cookie, making the cookie's crunch overpower the bar.

When a right twix bar is cloaked in chocolate, the flavour is absorbed as the chocolate is wrapped around the indulging caramel and cookie. The bathed left twix sits in chocolate, while the cloaked right twix is made sure to absorb all flavours.

How can they have the audacity to say that Left Twix is plagiarising when the Right Twix hasn't even perfected their recipe yet?

Because the right twix sees the left twix as no competition, but instead see a ripped-off version of their recipe in a bathed and flowed bar.

Right twix refers to left twix as "stony-faced immitators" and "cookie bar plagiarists". They are, however, unbothered by this as left twix are no competition.

Before I finish, this is a poll of right twix vs. left twix. As you can clearly see, the right twix is in favour, with 65%. The left twix has a mere 35% of people voting for it.

http://www.wonderpolls.com...

This is a public vote, and proves that right twix is the most popular, therefore being the "better company" as pro tried to convice you of otherwise.

ksteelers

Pro

ksteelers forfeited this round.
InfraFred

Con

Ksteelers has left this round. Not the right choice, ksteelers!
ksteelers

Pro

First off, that was a bad pun. XD

On the serious note, I wasn't debating on how the Left Twix is more popular; I'm stating that it is better.

It's like eating over at McDonalds. It's one of the most famous fast food chain. Does that mean that it has better quality than other fast food places like In-N-Out?

It's a conspiracy, man. What if the Right Twix placed both of their candies into the same wrapper, trying to make the Left Twix go bankrupt? It's the sort of stuff I'd expect the Right Twix Company to pull off.

The point I was trying to make was that lesser known restaurants usually have better ingredients because they don't have to worry about making a 'mass production' of their food. This ties in with the Left Twix because they can carefully inspect the chocolate to make sure it's the best quality because they don't have to worry about making a huge demand at the day's end.

They bathe their candy into the chocolate to make sure they get the exact same proportion of chocolate all around so there wouldn't be any bumps (besides the top but that's because of the caramel on top) anywhere on the candy.

The Left Twix company seem to say otherwise. ;D

That poll was probably tampered with by the Right Twix brainwashing a lot of people to choose their product just to gain popularity.

My finishing statement is that the Left Twix is much better due to their 'quality over quantity' quota.

This was a good debate and I had fun taking part in it.

(Sorry if I miss any of your other points. I just got off work and saw that I only have a couple hours left for my argument. XD)
InfraFred

Con

This is my fifth and final argument.

I will counter pro's arguments for the final time.

First off, that was a bad pun. XD

Better than your forfeit.

I still fail to see what this has to do with chocolate.

Well, what if the left twix placed both of their candies into the same wrapper? This statement was made with no proof at all. It is just something pro would "expect the Right Twix company to pull off".

If the right twix put two bars in the same wrapper, people will purely get a double-dose of right twix enjoyment, even though there will be one right twix on the left side. I also cannot see how putting two right twix's in the same wrapper (which pro has given absolutely no proof for) will make left twix go bankrupt. If anything, left twix will save money by making less bars.

The point I was trying to make was that lesser known restaurants usually have better ingredients because they don't have to worry about making a 'mass production' of their food.

Ok, I see where you're coming from now. First of all, you say "usually have better ingredients". Usually. This is NOT in the case of left twix. Right twix has pure and delicious ingredients. They have "deliciously smooth chocolate, crispy delectable cookie, and luscious rich caramel". They boast about it throughout their half of the website.

Second, THEY ARE IN THE SAME WRAPPER!!! The production quantities of each is the same!!! This statement holds until pro can provide proof that right twix puts two chocolates in one packet, which he has failed to provide. Therefore, left twix and right twix has to create equal amounts of products.

...they don't have to worry about making a huge demand at the day's end.

As above, unless pro can provide proof that right twix does indeed need to create more products, which he has not, the production quantities of each is equal.

No bumps, you say? Here is a picture of a left twix bar. You can clearly see lumps and bumps all over it:

http://commons.wikimedia.org...

I will just leave everyone with this delightful image of a lumpy twix bar. Still not convinced? Type into google images "left twix bar" and enjoy the lumpiness.

Where?

Again, this is just speculation. Have you ever considered that right twix is dominating the polls because people believe it is the better twix?

Now, I will summarise my rebuttals for pro's main points:

1. Quality of quantity

Pro has claimed in this point that left twix uses better ingredients than right twix due to the lower demand.

First of all, there is a reason the right twix is clearly more popular than the left twix, which pro is implying by talking about the "lower demand" for left twix. That reason is that right twix is the better twix. The public likes whatever they believe is better. For example, a person wouldn't choose a kit kat over a milky bar if they believed milky bars were better now, would they? It is the same with twix's. People believe right twix's are better, due to their better ingredients, taste and power.

Secondly, pro continually mentions throughout this point that left twix has lower demand and can focus on making better quality twix's. I have continually pushed throughout the debate that no matter the demand, the two kinds of twix's will share equal orders. Pro has failed to rebut this fully, as the only rebut against this comment was a speculation about what he would "expect the right twix to pull off" (putting two right twix's in the same wrapper). This is simply speculation.

The fact that the order is equal knocks down this entire argument, due to the fact that this argument was based on the speculation of the orders being different.

2. Left twix has better ingredients

I have rebutted this countless times.

3. Right twix are plagiarists

Right twix refers to left twix as "stony-faced immitators" and "cookie bar plagiarists". The source also says "The Right TWIX® Factory delights in creating a truly unmatched kind of candy experience, unlike say the cookie bar plagiarists at Left TWIX®."

Summary of my points:

1. The right side is dominating

The right twix is the first choice of approxiamately 87% of customers, this research shows. We are moving into an era where the right side of doing things is the right way of doing things. We have, and again I quote from round 2, "right-handed sewing machines, scissors, base-ball gloves, cup-holders on chairs, lecture desks, and so on." Also, 70% of the world drives on the right side of the road, clearly showing right-sided dominance.

Pro has not rubutted this argument clearly. He has talked about a higher demand for right twix, but he has not argued against right-sided dominance.

2. The process is a delicacy

I will take you through the process one last time:

"1. We take a scrumptious cookie bar

2. We cascade caramel over the cookie

3. We cloak it in chocolate"

It also consists of honoured ingredients:

"...deliciously smooth chocolate, crispy delectable cookie, and luscious rich caramel."

It is a masterpiece of confectionary.

3. Left twix are plagiarists

Finally, here is what right twix has to say about left twix:

They also refer to left twix as "stony-faced imitators".

This not only shows right twix to be the better candy, but the better sports.

I have presented my points, rebuttals and research and as this debate comes to a close, I would love to thank ksteelers for a fantastic and fun first debate. I could not ask for a better way to start my time on debate.org. Again thank you, and I now leave it up to the voters to make what they believe is the right choice.

I rest my case.
Posted by Kylar 1 year ago
Kylar
This is funny
Posted by CyberConor 1 year ago
CyberConor
The most dumb, yet interesting debate ever. Better than those Right wing vs left wing debates XD
Posted by InfraFred 2 years ago
InfraFred
I'm flattered ;)

It was a very fun debate
Posted by ksteelers 2 years ago
ksteelers
I believe Con won this debate. He had better conduct than I did. In the end, it was a fun debate. ^^
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
I viewed the website. Hilarious!!
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
ksteelersInfraFredTied
Reasons for voting decision: A very interesting debate to read. Con gave better premises, the one that really stood out was how customer's preferred right twix. Con also gave better sources. Pro failed to offer any compelling evidence that wasn't Also a clear logical fallacy as pointed out by con. Also, conduct points for forfeit.