Left and Right Wing are not true concepts in politics.

Highest respect for opponent.

Please take as token of genuine interest, not urge to antagonize,

Thank you,

I thank my opponant for this debate and look forward to debating. Let me state why I believe that liberal versus conservative are false paradigms. As a minarchist Libertarian, I see good and bad on both sides. I agree with liberals on not policing the world, on contraception, on women having rights, but I disagree with liberals on overtaxation, I disagree on over regulating other things too. I agree with conservatives on abortion, gun rights, low taxes, a strong national defense, and so on. What I disagree with conservatives on is healthcare, most wars, women's rights, and gay rights. I believe that both sides have truth and lies.

While my opponent is a right-wing Libertarian, they fail to understand that the wing refers much more to the economic policies of a political viewpoint.

While it's true that left wing is fundamentally more progressive and liberal and right wing is more conservative. [1][2]

It's also true that the wing is only about how the government is enforcing its policies (which is largely through taxation and laws regarding economics).

The concept of wings is often confusing when we get right-wing libertarians such as and left-wing conservatives.

What is thoroughly essential to understand here is why they exist and what the wings truly mean in their viewpoints.

A right-wing libertarian is supporting consistent and brutal survival of the fittest mentality in all areas of life. The only way they differ to right-wing conservatives is that they'd let people socially pressure outliers into their way of life, as opposed to laws banning things such as homosexuality they'd allow unpoliced bullying and freedom of speech for people to abuse the outliers. It's perhaps as right-wing as it goes in reality. The Conservatives, however, would prevent this abuse by outlawing such acts in the first place (but most modern right-wing conservatives would allow it if it's behind closed doors and doesn't involve marriage and actually most would prefer heterosexual to be behind closed doors too outside of a wedding situation).

A left-wing conservative is all about covering up body and stiff upper lip mentality in terms of culture but when it comes to how the government goes about, they are entirely different to their right-wing counterparts. They would force everyone into equal positions of power from birth so that regardless of a person's parent's wealth, they have equal chance to flourish their talents and grow into highly respected individuals throughout their nation, if not the world. This does, however, reduce the power that the rich have and can leave the question 'why bother to get rich if being poor is just as fun?' but this is why left-wing and right-wing extremes are either completely isolated, like North Korea, or entirely dysfunctional and in huge poverty, like India and Nigeria. This is why the balance between the wings is essential for a nation to succeed.

My opponant does not know the meaning of the word Libertarian. Libertarians are neither left nor right. Libertarians have a little bit of both. Libertarians are progay like the liberals, and progun like the conservatives for example. Like I always say, liberal and conservative are not the only two options in politics. There is a time to be liberal, and a time to be conservative. From Unlike liberals or conservatives, Libertarians advocate a high degree of both personal and economic liberty. For example, Libertarians advocate freedom in economic matters, so we're in favor of lowering taxes, slashing bureaucratic regulation of business, and charitable -- rather than government -- welfare.

Wings have absolutely nothing to do with gun rights now homosexuality.

The wing, as I explain in round 1, purely refers to the way in which the government goes about enforcing its laws.

You identified yourself as a Minarchist Libertarian; this is a right-wing Libertarian if you were unaware.

You are more right-wing than most libertarians as minarchism is a step up in severity.

You would rather a nation to end up as dysfunctional as India or Nigeria rather than preventing it from getting there in the first place.

Also minarchy cannot be Libertarianism in nature as if someone impedes the freedom of another by spewing abusive hate speech towards their way of life, minarchists would not have the government step in whilst Libertarians would.

SitaraMusica forfeited this round.

user_name forfeited this round.

SitaraMusica forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Imperfiect 1 year ago