bozzyraven
studentathletechristian8

Left wing socialism is better than right wing extreme capitalism

studentathletechristian8

bozzyraven

Pro

Steal from the rich and give to the poor, does more have to be said? It is no wonder Robin Hood is a hero, he's a socialist. Socialism is about equality. it stands against the rich poor divide created by the right wing Darwinian attitude. indeed Hitler was a socialist, and he creaated 0% unemployment. If he wasn't such a madman we would admire his post war efforts, but lets not forget that his madness has nothing to do with the 0% unemployment he created, that is attributed to socialism. Lets examine the right wing George Bush. Tax brakes to the rich while the U.S.A still has to pay for 3rd level education andmedical care. France is a primarily socialist country and they have free education and health care.
studentathletechristian8

Con

I thank my opponent for the debate.

"Steal from the rich and give to the poor, does more have to be said?"
Yes. I would like you to justify the act of stealing from the rich.

"It is no wonder Robin Hood is a hero, he's a socialist."
Robin Hood is known as a thief. Some may call him a hero, but that is completely subjective. When you come down to it, Robin Hood is a thief who broke the law.

"Socialism is about equality. it stands against the rich poor divide created by the right wing Darwinian attitude."
Prove it. If you are stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, but not likewise stealing from the poor and giving to the rich, then how does your ideal of "socialism" promote equality? Your idea of socialism involves harming one class in an attempt to benefit the other. That is not equality.

"indeed Hitler was a socialist, and he creaated 0% unemployment."
I'd like you to prove that Hitler was a socialist. How did he create 0% unemployment? I think you have been misguided.

"If he wasn't such a madman we would admire his post war efforts, but lets not forget that his madness has nothing to do with the 0% unemployment he created, that is attributed to socialism"
Once again, you have really said nothing. I won't associate Hitler's "madness" with his social and economic policy. You haven't proven that Hitler created 0% unemployment, and even if you did, it wouldn't support the idea that Hitler is a socialist. One aspect of "socialism" that one follows does not make one a "socialist."

"Tax brakes to the rich while the U.S.A still has to pay for 3rd level education andmedical care."
I'd like for you to prove that the US had to pay for third level education and medical care. You can't make such a broad statement and expect us to believe you when you have provided no sources or support.

"France is a primarily socialist country and they have free education and health care."
This doesn't do too much to your argument. You haven't proven that France is a socialist country, and you have provided me with nothing to affirm that France provides free education and health care. Besides, if what you quote is true, it just means that many of the French have to pay a lot more in taxes and receive a much lower income. This doesn't prove that socialism is better than capitalism.

I just realized that this is only a one round debate. Nevertheless, my opponent's arguments are either illogical or unsubstantiated. I urge a Con vote. Thank you.
Posted by Clockwork 6 years ago
Clockwork
I lol'ed @ Hitler being a socialist.
Posted by feverish 6 years ago
feverish
@Reasoning:
Apologies if my comment below seems harsh, like I said I was tired and to be honest, it is fairly annoying to have some kid who doesn't know me, tell me that they know what I mean better than I do.

By all means, disagree and tell me I've got the definition wrong but please don't tell me that I don't understand my own viewpoint.

@belle: I'm no history expert, so I typed in "hitler democratically elected" to Google http://www.google.co.uk... and it seems that he only ever had 37% of the vote and I think it's fair to say he wasn't acting in full accord with the will of his people throughout the war.

It's true that there's nothing to stop democratically elected governments commiting acts of violence and even terrorism (go USA! go Israel!) but like I said the elitist, fascist, racist politics of Nazism would disqualify it from my understanding of socialism even if they had the backing of citizens.

I think I'll copy my first post about the semantics of socialism onto a new forum thread and people can attack it there, rather than hijacking this debate's comments section..
Posted by feverish 6 years ago
feverish
It's dead late here and I'm off to bed.

@belle: to be continued

@Reasoning: When I see you defend some of your own inconsistent opinions in a debate, I might start taking you seriously. Till then, your quotes and contradictions continue to wash over me.

Peace.
Posted by FREEDO 6 years ago
FREEDO
Both pure Communism and pure Capitalism suffer from the same insanity. One says everything should be collectively owned, the other everything should be individually owned.
The most practical position is for things which are individually used to be individually owned and things which are collectively used to be collectively owned.
Posted by Reasoning 6 years ago
Reasoning
"Thanks reasoning for proving my point that Americans don't understand what we mean when we talk about socialism." - feverish

You don't know what you mean.

"The correct answer to Tucker's question is "no, it is not"." - feverish

"Is not the ballot-box unscientific, anti-social, and a simple transposition of the equation of monarchy?" Tucker continued, "The oppressor housed in ballot-boxes is the same deadly genius that lurks in the palaces."
Posted by feverish 6 years ago
feverish
@belle: On anything? yes. On everything? no.

Dissent should be encouraged and decisions that affect everyone shouldn't be taken without a substantial majority. A social contract has to be respected though, which includes a commitment to equality.
Posted by FREEDO 6 years ago
FREEDO
I find the complete ignorance about not only democratic-socialism but even more particularly Libertarian-Socialism to be quite sad.
Posted by belle 6 years ago
belle
oh really? hitler was democratically elected... theres nothing stopping a majority in a country from voting for violent or fascist actions...
Posted by feverish 6 years ago
feverish
My comment below is in response to Reasoning.
Posted by feverish 6 years ago
feverish
Thanks reasoning for proving my point that Americans don't understand what we mean when we talk about socialism.

The correct answer to Tucker's question is "no, it is not".
Vote Placed by ArtTheWino 6 years ago
ArtTheWino
bozzyravenstudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by Strikeeagle84015 6 years ago
Strikeeagle84015
bozzyravenstudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 6 years ago
studentathletechristian8
bozzyravenstudentathletechristian8Tied