GOd1970
James.ticknor

Legalised Prostitution.

GOd1970

Pro

Prostitution is considered to be civilization's earliest profession, yet it is considered to be downright unethical and scandalous.How can a prostitute, whose contribution to society is immense, be socially ostracized.Just ponder over this, A thousand guys high on adrenalin, can create a horrific mess if their energy is not diverted and their requirements met. This is where a female can curb the base instincts of men.A wife or a girlfriend can never fulfill the requirement that a prostitute can. So guys don't shun Prostitution Celebrate it.
James.ticknor

Con

(Haha)

I noticed that the topic did not say to implement prostition brothels run by the governmet or liscensed owner, so I will assume that he means prostitution in general.

Prostitution has been a major contributor to many disease, including AID's, herpies, etc. This has lead to the death and disablement of many people and has hindered their contributions to general society. Prostitutes are always in danger of being killed or harmed. Since they are doing a sexual act , it is hard to say what did or did not go down. For example, a man could beat a prostitute and claim it was a fetish and she liked it. (Uh....yea...)

Prostitution is a danger to society. I would like to point out that YOU have the burdon of proof.

(It doesn't sound like you are too experienced in debating, and if you are, it can't hurt to inform you that the "burdon of proof" means that you have to prove it in order for it to be a law. What are it's benefiets, for example?)
GOd1970

Pro

GOd1970 forfeited this round.
James.ticknor

Con

James.ticknor forfeited this round.
GOd1970

Pro

GOd1970 forfeited this round.
James.ticknor

Con

James.ticknor forfeited this round.
Posted by MTGandP 7 years ago
MTGandP
"A alot of these are falicies (which mean they do not support your general statement)."
That's not actually what "fallacy" means. A fallacy is an erroneous attempt at a logical conclusion.

"I forfieted to keep it fair, but I won't do it again, so please try to be prepared! = )"
You really don't need to do that.

-CON did not refute any of PRO's arguments. PRO's arguments were rather weak, but they still stand unrefuted. CON only argued that prostitution leads to disease, which I see as even weaker. My arguments vote goes to PRO.
-CON claimed that PRO has burden of proof, which is false for two reasons. One, both sides have burden of proof. Two, PRO fulfilled his burden by providing arguments, which CON ignored.
-CON misspelled a lot of words, but at least he had paragraphs, so he gets the S&G vote.
Posted by James.ticknor 7 years ago
James.ticknor
I forfieted to keep it fair, but I won't do it again, so please try to be prepared! = )
Posted by James.ticknor 7 years ago
James.ticknor
A alot of these are falicies (which mean they do not support your general statement). Like mistaking probability for certainty...why didn't I put this in my arguement? Ugh..... =(
Vote Placed by MTGandP 7 years ago
MTGandP
GOd1970James.ticknorTied