Hypno_skate
Manastacious

Legalization Of Marijuana

Manastacious

Hypno_skate

Pro

I am 100% for the legalization of Maijuana
Manastacious

Con

Personally, I am, much like the Pro, 100% for the legalization of marijuana. But I feel like this will be an interesting debate regardless.

Just for clarification purposes, can we both assume that the resolution would be RESOLVED: The United States Federal Government should legalize marijuana. I hope that wording of the resolution is acceptable, if not, we can address it in the comments, but I fee like that wording gives the most ground for both individual in the debate.

Good luck!
Hypno_skate

Pro

I just think it is humorous that Alcohol is legal even though it causes liver cancer and countless other negative effects...yet Marijuana is linked to helping cure cancer..it grows from the ground yet it is still illegal .
Manastacious

Con

There are clear reasons for opposing this notion. While it seems contradictory that alcohol is legal and marijuana is not, that is not at issue in this debate and does not serve as a reason to affirm.
THE VIEW OF THE CON is that marijuana should be decriminalized but not legalized. In the end, given the status quo, legalization would represent approval of marijuana at a governmental level. Decriminalization is better to resolve the harms of the status quo without the appearance of approval.
Hypno_skate

Pro

Hypno_skate forfeited this round.
Manastacious

Con

Manastacious forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Hayd 8 months ago
Hayd
Hypno_skateManastaciousTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argues that marijuana has health benefits such as curing cancer. Con responds that this could be solved with decriminalization, and this is better since it doesn't require gov approval. Pro drops this, thus Con wins.