SebUK
britishboy11

Legalization of All Drugs ...

SebUK

SebUK

Pro

Round 1 is for acceptance only
britishboy11

Con

ok bring it on
SebUK

Pro

Before talking about my views i would like to say sorry but my computer prevents me to space the paragraphs ... Right lets get this thing going on i will explain my main arguments for legalization and i hope my opponent will do so aswell in his turn . 1.Prohibition failed For over 75 years the government has used criminal penalties to stop people from using cannabis yet cannabis is currently the largest cash crop in the United States, and marijuana is grown all over the planet , millions of people smoke it and never have any serious health problems because of it even the thought that cannabis prohibition is a good way to stop people from smoking it is as radicilous as the Flying Spaghetti Monster religion and is un-supported by facts and statistics which have shown that since the war on drugs started more and more people use drugs. My possible explanation is that it gives the people who use it a certain buzz or a thrill because they are doing something that society condems it's like a teenager sneaking out so he can try a cigeratte with his friends. 2.Better Quality and Possibly less use If cannabis was legalized the black cannabis market would mostly collapse because people would start buying from companies that compete against each other , No longer would people have to buy from someone in a dark alley who has no knowledge about business managament and puts stuff into his cannabis to make more profit . Marijuana is illegal therefore this is providing opportunities for teenagers to make easy money selling it to their friends most experts agree if cannabis would be legalized prices would drop down . 3. Hemp We need to change our energy policy we must embrace and promote the development of bio-fuels as an alternative to oil dependency and a way to reduce carbon emissions, it is all the more important to develop industrial hemp as a bio-fuel source . 4.It is not as harmful as legal drugs The propaganda is unbelivable Cannabis no matter what most people say is in fact much less harmful than legal drugs like alcohol and tobbaco the two most popular arguments are that Cannabis causes mental illnesses which is in fact true but quite rare and you would need to use it A LOT to actually get a mental illness from using cannabis oh and of course it is only if you have really bad genes or a family history of mental illneses and Two that Cannabis destroys brain cells which is a total lie, the idea that cannabis can cause brain damage comes from the Heath/Tulane Study of 1974 this study was done on monkies Not only were the monkeys given 63 columbian strength joints in 5 minutes, the smoke was administered through a facial mask with no additional oxygen. As you will find in any CPR or first aid manual 3 to 5 minutes of oxygen depravation will cause brain damage. The monkeys were suffocating. It was not Cannabis but the Lack of oxygen that caused brain damage no recent study shows that Cannabis has any link to brain damage. No-one has ever died out of Cannabis overdose this makes it one of the safest drugs out there . 5.Prison and Tax money In many places around the world prisons are extremely over crowded, Marijuana arrests make justice more expensive and less efficient we are wasting jail space for serious criminals and we are wasting the time of the police force , If Cannabis was legalized the government would make Millions or even possible Millions from taxing cannabis and hemp companies 6.Cannabis can be benefitual Cannabis is known to help people get through depression and anorexia it is also a way for people to socialize and meet people with similar interests , every day people are suffering from a variety of serious ailments. Marijuana provides relief from pain, nausea, spasticity, and other symptoms for many individuals who have not been treated successfully with conventional medications. What makes it even better is that it has a relatively low dependence liability and easy-to-manage side effects for most people the greatest risk of using marijuana is the relatively low risk of arrest. I now wish my opponent good luck and i await his main arguments against legalization.
britishboy11

Con

Ok that was alot of words. Ok lets do this. Legalizing all of the drugs would cause a world panic. People would die, country's would go broke because of all the drugs being smuggled into the country's. This would we almost as bad as the holocaust.
SebUK

Pro

'Legalizing all of the drugs would cause a world panic' My opponent has given no reason what so ever why it would cause world panic . 'People would die,' Legalization of all drugs would lead to the bankruption of the black market , and the legal market would be regulated therefore drug use would be safer and the risk of overdose from drugs like heroin would go down dramatically , I just explained that Drug legalization would cause less people to die from drug use and less people would die because of drug related violance . ', country's would go broke because of all the drugs being smuggled into the country's. ' Why would drugs be smuggled if there wes a legal drug market in the country already? and how does this relate to countries going broke? ' This would we almost as bad as the holocaust.' That's one of the most irrational arguments I have heard in a long time on this website .
britishboy11

Con

Legalizing drugs would cause alot of country's with little money to go broke. Drugs are one of the leading causes of death. I think that the world would be better of if all drugs weren't legal.
SebUK

Pro

'Drugs are one of the leading causes of death.' http://www.who.int...; You are wrong it's not one of the leading causes of death . 'Legalizing drugs would cause alot of country's with little money to go broke. ' My opponent hasn't presented me a scenario , or explained why it would make them go broke , therefore I simply see no argument in him stating that .
britishboy11

Con

idk what to do
SebUK

Pro

You can admit defeat or forfeit
britishboy11

Con

no i don't really want to.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Geogeer
SebUKbritishboy11Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided better arguments in support of his position.