victoriaronan
Solomon_Orlando

Legalization of Marijuana

Solomon_Orlando

victoriaronan

Pro

Your general debate. I will argue the legalization of Marijuana.
Solomon_Orlando

Con

I will argue against the legalization of Marijuana. I'm not sure if you would like my debate in the first round, but I'll write it here anyway to avoid the your rebuttal assumption that I am against marijuana for health reasons.

Marijuana is safe; there are several studies that prove this, so I'm not going to argue against the legalization of marijuana for health issues. I'm going to argue against the legalization of marijuana because of taxation, convolution, and the taking away of money from people that truly need it. These things would be a pretty large influence on the marijuana community considering that, once the government takes over, it'll all go to absolute garbage.

Take taxation, for example. Not only will people have to wait in large lines at their local marijuana shop, they'll also have to pay a large amount of tax. So, that dime bag that you would get for $10 from your local, freelance dealer is now $15.99 plus tax. The reason that these government-influenced shops will make a lot of money is because the government will supply them with all different blends, flavors, et cetera - so, people will most likely choose the slightly raised price of the marijuana shop for convenience.

Which brings me to my next point: taking away money from people that truly need it. It's not difficult to realize that the state the US is in is absolutely terrible, especially economically - people are losing jobs and money because of this. The people who grow, sell, and influence the marijuana community deserve that money because they are trusted growers and have a passion for growing marijuana. If the government got their hands on it, they would have some crummy farmer trying to get the most money for the least amount of marijuana.

The legalization of marijuana would bring about too much convolution to smoking marijuana and it would also give a state and federal tax to marijuana shops, the marijuana that you would be buying would be extremely under-valued and plagued, and the government system for running the shops would most likely try to pull the most money out of you.

It's not hard for dealers to sell marijuana, as long as they play it safe, and this ensures that the people would be getting quality weed for the money they spend and it would also ensure that the money being circulated through this plant-use would go directly to the people, not the government.

If the government wants money, they should legalize/tax the harder drugs - meth, cocaine, et cetera. That's a whole different point, however.
victoriaronan

Pro

I am sorry to disappoint you, but I am not going to argue back because you just 100 percent changed my mind. You have opened my eyes to a new opinion that I feel to be very satisfying. Thank you.
Solomon_Orlando

Con

I've never had this reaction to anyone one of my debate rebuttals, to be honest - I'm very flattered that I changed your mind. Thanks for putting up this debate, though! It was fun, regardless of it's content.
victoriaronan

Pro

victoriaronan forfeited this round.
Solomon_Orlando

Con

My opponent has forfeited.
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
O K I read further than "marijuana is safe" this time lol. My bad.. still I don't understand why you think drug dealers should profit while taxable marijuana could be use for schools and education about marijuana!
Posted by Solomon_Orlando 2 years ago
Solomon_Orlando
I am against the legalization of marijuana - my post was talking about how people need that money, not the government. I am /actually/ con; I do not want marijuana to be legalized - however, I am a firm advocate of marijuana and smoke it myself.
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
victoriaronan Instigated this debate: Legalization of marijuana. Where she took the position Pro! As in, for the legalization of marijuana! You accepted this debate as Con, as in; against the legalization of marijuana! You thought you were taking the position of Pro in this debate or I guess Con in the debate "Should marijuana be illegal" You must have misread (as I have before) So I'm not really judging you just giving you perspective!
Posted by Solomon_Orlando 2 years ago
Solomon_Orlando
I bombed the debate because?
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
I know but you are debating Con for marijuana legalization! The instigator is Pro marijuana legalization. You kinda bombed this debate. But I can't judge you since I have done the same thing before!
Posted by Solomon_Orlando 2 years ago
Solomon_Orlando
@Finalfan - I'm completely pro-marijuana; actually, I used to smoke copious amounts of it back with my buddies in High School, however I still think it should be completely illegal. Only because, if I want to deal, I don't want any pesky governments coming in and taking what's rightfully mine.
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
See told you! Even Con chose to go Pro for marijuana lol
Posted by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
i may take it
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
Be prepared for your opponent to forfeit by round 3! No one can argue against the legalization of marijuana. It cannot be done! It always leads me to believe that the prohibition of marijuana is due to pure ignorance and not ethical or health concerns!
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
birdlandmemories
victoriaronanSolomon_OrlandoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.