Fight4RightsLyla11
Incognito13

Legalization of Marjuana

Fight4RightsLyla11

Pro

Why should marijuana be illegal? It isn't a nasty concoction of a drug; like meth. It is a plant that grows in the ground and does no harm to anybody. So many people do it anyway, so why not just legalize it and stop people from being taken away from their families and friends. Opinions please!
Incognito13

Con

I accept but to frame today's debate on why its illegal today:
Racism
addiction
Fear
Protection of Corporate Profits
drug dealing increases
Yellow Journalism
Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
chaos
concusions
loss of life
Personal Career Advancement and Greed
Fight4RightsLyla11

Pro

Marijuana has health benefits and is illegal. If you read the warning labels on alcohol or cigarettes, you definitely won't be finding any health benefits. And of course alcohol and cigarettes are both very much legal. Of course you might behave ignorantly, but nobody is the most intelligent while under the influence of alcohol either. Marijuana is a plant, that grows in the ground... and to say that we can't have this plant is ridiculous. I'm not saying I choose to do this. But I'm saying that I'm tired of seeing family and friends being taken away, for possession of a plant.
Incognito13

Con

To refute my opponents argument:

My opponent says that marijuna is good but a source:
http://www.dailytoreador.com...
says that Marijuna has bad health costs and should remain illegal. It also says that:
It is addictive, significantly impairs one"s bodily functions and mental capabilities and acts as a gateway drug, which can lead to even more dangerous narcotic usage. It is directly associated with increased violence and illegal activities.

Also when she said about alcohol is same as marijuna but http://www.dailytoreador.com...
also says that:
Alcohol and marijuana are different from each other in many respects. For one, marijuana consumption is more likely to lead to an addiction to the drug. Unlike alcohol, marijuana is almost always consumed to the point of intoxication. Smoking marijuana is more toxic to one"s body than alcohol, and it offers absolutely no physical benefits outside of intoxicating an individual to the point of numbness.

Also drugs are addictive and
One study found that more than 30 percent of adults who used marijuana throughout the course of a year became dependent on the drug. These addictive properties have the same negative effects any addictive substance has on an individual, such as showing signs of withdrawal and compulsive behavior.

When since my opponent said being tired of seeing a family being taken away for possession of plant but thats their choice for having the plant since they know its illegal they shouldn't even bother to even take possession and its their fault. Marijuana is grown in the ground but its hurtful and should remain illegal.
Fight4RightsLyla11

Pro

Fight4RightsLyla11 forfeited this round.
Incognito13

Con

Oh umm....

My arguments are still standing and this is why you should vote for me...
Posted by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
@Cynical prove that. Only a fool believes such a thing... What did Cigarette companies do when E-Cigarettes became a concept? They adopted the profitable concept. The Cigarette companies would much rather legalize the extremely-profitable product (Marijuana) and start selling it. I don't really care about the Marijuana debate, but your guys logic is just so flawed.
Posted by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
@Jeramiah That's fallacious logic... If A is healthier than B, A should be legal? For starters, it's not the Government feeding us. I don't know what world you live in, but in the US, the Government isn't deciding your eating habits... You are picking out that energy drink, not the Feds. Now, just because Marijuana isn't as bad as B, doesn't mean it should be legal... It means B should probably be illegal too.
Posted by Jeramiah420 3 years ago
Jeramiah420
I believe that marijuana should be legalized due to the fact that it is healthier then half of the things that the government feeds us today. I find that if alcohol has killed more people and that an energy drink has caused more deaths that a plant that is natural should be legal. I can't even believe that people would allow the government to prohibit something that does grow naturally and doesn't affect anybody but in a good way. It does tend to make people act stupid sometimes but it has medicinal effects and if someone can't manage to handle themselves, they should quit. I am a user of this plant and i don't make a decision any differently while under the influence than i would if i were sober.
Posted by CynicalDiogenes 3 years ago
CynicalDiogenes
The real reason is that cash strapped cigarette lobbyists are afraid of losing sales.
Posted by CynicalDiogenes 3 years ago
CynicalDiogenes
The real reason is that cash strapped cigarette lobbyies are afraid of losing sales.
Posted by CynicalDiogenes 3 years ago
CynicalDiogenes
The real reason is that cash strapped cigarette lobbys are afraid of losing sales.
Posted by Nilly 3 years ago
Nilly
Hopefully this is an interesting debate! I'm con legalization on this topic, but I'm pro decriminalization so I'll let someone who's passionate about this debate instead of playing (kind of) devils advocate. I'll be following this one closely!