sara_ann_dee
VasquezXD

Legalization of Prostitution

sara_ann_dee

sara_ann_dee

Pro

First round is for acceptance.
VasquezXD

Con

I accept your challenge.
sara_ann_dee

Pro

Prostitution is consensual and is a business which women and their customers all are on board with.

1. Legalization would make sex workers healthier.
Workers may be pressured into not using condoms or protection from their pimps/masters. With this act legalized, it would require the workers and pimps to test for diseases and overall keep them healthier.

The United Nations also released a statement (UN): "Criminalization increases vulnerability to HIV by fueling stigma and discrimination, limiting access to HIV and sexual health services, condoms and harm reduction services, and adversely affecting the self-esteem of sex workers and their ability to make informed choices about their health."

2. Prostitution is usually a victim-less "crime:"
With all parties consensual, it is a completely accepted business with all people. Why should the government take that away?

3. Economy can Benefit:
This business can be used to collect tax revenue, leading to the government making PROFIT from this decision.

4. Having it criminalized does not stop it from happening.
Think about it, even though drugs are illegal criminals still find a way to gain access to them. Why not just make it beneficial to all parties and legalize it? We should.

Sources: http://www.businessinsider.com...
VasquezXD

Con

I'm a male Prostitute and I have mUltiple STD's. I received the HIV viru S from a male coStumer of mine. Prostitution is a gatewaY of diseases and abuse. I am forced to work the corner by my "pimp" named Slickback. He abuses me and rapes on multiple occasions. I am a prostitute. I am sad.
sara_ann_dee

Pro

You are clearly using an inaccurate example. What evidence do you have to prove this anecdote true?
VasquezXD

Con

My evidence? You gave me the HIV you lying son of a bitch. I'm suing you for fraudulent representation of your genitals!
sara_ann_dee

Pro

My opponent has failed to present evidence to support his side, and I have. Vote PRO
VasquezXD

Con

VasquezXD forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 9 months ago
fire_wings
sara_ann_deeVasquezXDTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by U.n 9 months ago
U.n
sara_ann_deeVasquezXDTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided actual arguments, cited sources to support his claims, had satisfactory S&G, and participated in all three rounds. Con more-so attempted to derail the debate rather than argue in good faith, cited no sources, made some poor typing choices in the 3rd round (unnecessary character spacing and random capital letters mid-sentence), he also forfeited a turn. Therefore convincing arguments, reliable sources, S&G and conduct points all go to Pro respectively. However, Con did point out in his own satirical way that prostitutes can in fact be male; whereas Pro presumes prostitutes to be women (that aspect of the argument simply wasn't significant enough or presented well enough to win over any ELO points from this voter).