lord_megatron
LastSaga

Legalization of suicide

lord_megatron
Started: 6/8/2016 Category: Funny

lord_megatron

Pro

This is my last debate on debate.org. Please, I need a serious debate and don't accept if you don't have any good points as to why suicide shouldn't be legalized. Forfeiture counts as an automatic loss.
LastSaga

Con

Can I kill myself now?
lord_megatron

Pro

You may.
Suicide should be legalized as it would save up on the cops' resources, reduce population and therefore reduce resource consumption and pollution, reduce weak-willed people on the planet and reduce the influence of media.
It would save the cops' resources as when suicide is legalized, there will be lesser paperwork and policemen would spend their time chasing actual criminals rather than chasing around the culprit for the dead weakling.
It would reduce population as more people would suicide if it is legal, and reduced population means lesser resource consumption such as electricity, food and water, to name a few. There will be lesser pollution as there will be lesser cars on the road and lesser facilities needed that cause pollution.
It would reduce weak-willed people on this planet and therefore create a more productive world.
It will reduce the influence of media as suicide would no longer be a rare event and media wouldn't be able to give coverage to every suicide.
I propose the development of suicide centers when it is legalized, where a doctor will try to persuade the victim to not die or join risky jobs like the army and die for a cause. If the victim is not convinced, death would be given depending on the choice of the victim and whether it requires extra funds or not. If victim wants to use fancy poison or swords, he would have to buy it himself or die by the simple method of hanging.
Also, suicide at homes should be illegal as it is really not a mood elevator when in the morning you are taking a stroll with a coffee mug in your hand and a dead body falls in front of you. So much blood, and it has a disconcerting effect on the neighbors. Furthermore, legalizing suicide would make sure that property and possessions are entitled to their rightful owner lawfully, and that everything is taken account for.
LastSaga

Con

LastSaga forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Pro

You forfeit!!!! Didn't you read the rules for this debate???
LastSaga

Con

LastSaga forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Pro

Has he gone and suicided? My consensus? consolations? to con.
LastSaga

Con

LastSaga forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Pro

Extend my arguments and vote for me.
LastSaga

Con

LastSaga forfeited this round.
Posted by lord_megatron 5 months ago
lord_megatron
Oh come on touchy feeling, you want to debate this? If you wish I can reinstate a challenge. Anyways there was a guy who apparently didn't know which continent he lived in (seriously), now if we made fun of that and he suicided, you shouldn't arrest me, should you
Posted by Couchgolfer 5 months ago
Couchgolfer
Lord, you never know the mentality of whom you're dealing with or what people are capable of. Especially those with a mental illness, or those that are victims of abuse at home, school, or at the work place. I've encountered some pretty scary people while on the job - I've had a gun pointed right in my face. And those that feel they have nothing to lose will be the first ones to take as many lives possible as well as their own.
We can easily revert to being Neanderthal knuckleheads or we can choose to be kind to people. All it takes is for someone to have an off day and being told something rude, whether the intent was joking or not. We don't know what struggles people are dealing with, even those living under the same roof as yourself.
Posted by lord_megatron 5 months ago
lord_megatron
Sometime it is true but usually all the bully is doing is some moderate teasing but a touchy/sensitive person gets compelled to suIcide. Moreover, there are usually multiple reasons for one suicide, yet the one most prominent gets hounded upon
Posted by Couchgolfer 5 months ago
Couchgolfer
I have to disagree with you regarding fault and bullying.
When a person bullies and harasses a person to the point of committing suicide, then they are at fault. At least morally. Especially if they are broadcasting the harassment via the Internet.

Here in the states there was a case that involved a college student, Tyler Clementi, that committed suicide because his room mate used a web cam to live stream Tyler having sex with another guy.
Although the room mate was not convicted of Tyler's suicide, he was charged with several violations using a web came without a person's knowledge or consent.

Verbal abuse also has its share of repercussions - the psychological effects of verbal abuse include:
fear and anxiety, depression, stress and PTSD, intrusive memories, memory gap disorders, sleep or eating problems, hyper-vigilance and exaggerated startle responses, irritability, anger issues, alcohol and drug abuse, suicide, self-mutilation, and assaultive behaviors.

Harassment isn't about innocent teasing or the victim being weak. People have to be accountable and responsible for their behaviors, even the sociopaths.
Posted by lord_megatron 5 months ago
lord_megatron
In my country it is illegal and there's a whole case and stuff. They can even arrest other people saying that they were the ones who pushed the victim to the point of suicide, and I think that is unfair. If some loser can't handle it, certainly it is not my fault?
Posted by Couchgolfer 5 months ago
Couchgolfer
You would actually need to research your state or country to find out if it already is legal to commit suicide. Very few countries have laws against suicide. However the places where it's legal to commit suicide, they may have laws in place where they'll place charges against you if you survive.

Just about everywhere though, there are laws against encouraging people to commit suicide or assisting them.

Then there's a different argument - suicide or euthanasia? Is the person clinically ill and in pain, or are they just depressed? And is the depression caused by medications, bad diet, or inherited mental health issues?

People have to pick their own battles. Is it possible that they can have a plan B and can live with the short term consequences, or is it absolutely necessary to end one's life?
Posted by lord_megatron 5 months ago
lord_megatron
It should be legalized as in you are allowed to suicide if you wish to and the police don't have to waste time investigating your case otherwise.
Posted by dalir.kosimov 5 months ago
dalir.kosimov
What do you mean 'should it be legalised'? its not like a judge is gong to say 'And Bob is guilty in committing suicide. He will be sentenced to 5 months community service and a year on probation. After that Im sure he will change his ways in life. BTW Bob is dead everyone.'
Posted by lord_megatron 5 months ago
lord_megatron
No this is not my last debate I successfully played my deception
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 4 months ago
dsjpk5
lord_megatronLastSagaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff many times, so conduct to Pro. Pro also was the only one who made an argument, so arguments to Pro by default.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 5 months ago
fire_wings
lord_megatronLastSagaTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff