Legalize Performance-Enhancing Drug for Sportman
Debate Rounds (3)
PED should not be legalized by everyone for the sportman. PED gives disdvantages, specially in terms of health!
- Performance enhancing Drugs could have an impact on the body if left or the sportsman quits sport.
- Any sport is expected to be fair and based on your natural talent and training.
- There are athletes that can"t consume performance enhancing drugs. This makes their chance of winning, bleak.
- A sport is usually considered as a passion. The essence of the sport is lost if performance enhancing drugs are legalizes
- Be legalizing such performance enhancing drugs, athletes could be motivated and get addicted to other forms of drugs.
- The athletes can take it for granted that these drugs will enhance their performance and thus, the hard work that could be put otherwise can be hampered.
and it can kill the sportman who consume it.
For example, some German athletes who took anabolic steroids in the 1970"s and 1980"s are having health problems now. A famous NFL player, Lyle Alzado, died at the age of 43 after having taking steroids for more than 2 decades.
And the sciensist's research :
"Performance enhancers, like steroids and other forms of doping, have a negative effect on long-term health. For then users of these enhancers are hurting themselves in the long run without on the average improving their short-term rewards from athletic competition, as long as competitors also use harmful enhancers. This is the main rationale for trying to ban steroids and other forms of doping from athletic competitions."
Gary Becker, PhD
Professor in the Departments of Economics, Sociology, and the Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago
"Doping in Sports," Becker-Posner blog
Aug. 27, 2006
THINK MORE !
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by danielawesome12 3 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||7||0|
Reasons for voting decision: Pro should never have accepted this debate. "Oh, than simply, sir, LOL. I disagree with what I accepted to, but it is their own damn fault for using performance enhancing drugs, if they know the effects, both long and short term, than I guess it should be legal because they are stupid, the end."
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.