Toharu
Dirky

Legalize Performance-Enhancing Drug for Sportman

Toharu
Started: 5/14/2013 Category: Sports

Toharu

Con

PED (Performance-Enhancing Drug) gives disadvantages for the sportsman.
PED should not be legalized by everyone for the sportman. PED gives disdvantages, specially in terms of health!
Dirky

Pro

PEDs should remain illegal. The idea of a performance enhancing drug is to improve immediate ability. This gives and unfair handicap to the players of that particular sport that are not using a drug. This in turn cheats the capitalist system by placing someone who is unfit to be at the top at the top.
Toharu

Con

wait, sir. you're not consistent with your position.

Disadvantages :
- Performance enhancing Drugs could have an impact on the body if left or the sportsman quits sport.

- Any sport is expected to be fair and based on your natural talent and training.

- There are athletes that can"t consume performance enhancing drugs. This makes their chance of winning, bleak.

- A sport is usually considered as a passion. The essence of the sport is lost if performance enhancing drugs are legalizes

- Be legalizing such performance enhancing drugs, athletes could be motivated and get addicted to other forms of drugs.

- The athletes can take it for granted that these drugs will enhance their performance and thus, the hard work that could be put otherwise can be hampered.

and it can kill the sportman who consume it.
For example, some German athletes who took anabolic steroids in the 1970"s and 1980"s are having health problems now. A famous NFL player, Lyle Alzado, died at the age of 43 after having taking steroids for more than 2 decades.

And the sciensist's research :
"Performance enhancers, like steroids and other forms of doping, have a negative effect on long-term health. For then users of these enhancers are hurting themselves in the long run without on the average improving their short-term rewards from athletic competition, as long as competitors also use harmful enhancers. This is the main rationale for trying to ban steroids and other forms of doping from athletic competitions."
Gary Becker, PhD
Professor in the Departments of Economics, Sociology, and the Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago
"Doping in Sports," Becker-Posner blog
Aug. 27, 2006

THINK MORE !
Dirky

Pro

I question what you mean sir, I am consistent with my position.
Toharu

Con

Consisten? You're pro in this topic. so you agree to legalize PED. But ur argument ask to make PEDs remain illegal for sportman.
Dirky

Pro

Oh, than simply, sir, LOL. I disagree with what I accepted to, but it is their own damn fault for using performance enhancing drugs, if they know the effects, both long and short term, than I guess it should be legal because they are stupid, the end.
Posted by MLP_Troll 4 years ago
MLP_Troll
i belive they should be allowed because you can get big and get the women.
Posted by Skitzophrenic 4 years ago
Skitzophrenic
I believe that they should make a separate sporting code for those who wish to take drugs in sports. I believe that non drug taking sportsmen shouldnt have to compete against drug takers and as such they should have non drug takers versing non drug takers and drug takers versing drug takers. That way we could really see the advantages of drugs verse non drugs. If drugs do improve performance than the drug takers should be performing at super human levels. So yes to drugs being allowed, no to them competing against non drug takers.
Posted by ClassicRobert 4 years ago
ClassicRobert
Is first round just acceptance?
Vote Placed by danielawesome12 4 years ago
danielawesome12
ToharuDirkyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro should never have accepted this debate. "Oh, than simply, sir, LOL. I disagree with what I accepted to, but it is their own damn fault for using performance enhancing drugs, if they know the effects, both long and short term, than I guess it should be legal because they are stupid, the end."