whitneyhaynie
MassiveDump

Legalized Gay Marriage

MassiveDump

whitneyhaynie

Pro

I am a pro for gay marriage I want to to see who will debate with me. The first round will be you notifying me that you are my opponent.
MassiveDump

Con

I'm currently undecided on this issue, but I feel like I need to debate something serious for once.

So yeah, I'm Pro's opponent, arguing against gay marriage.

Sup, haters. (no pun intended)
whitneyhaynie

Pro

(Thats funny becaus ethis actaully my first debate on here! )

In the Bible it says God loves all of his children. Don't the "gays" count? Even if loving the same sex is a sin, don't they get forgiven? It doesn't matter what the sin is. It's the 2013 the world is changing, society is changing too. Kids are dying because they can't be who they are. Everyone has that freedom. Or should have that freedom. Everyone has the right to love who ever theya want, even if it's not in the Bill of Rights. Isn't jhating or loathing a gay the same as being racist? It's the same for me. You still treat that perosn like dirt. Nobody should be treated like that. Being able to declare who you love is basicilly what marriage is all about 9and uniting two people) should they have a chance to paricpate in that amzing moment?
MassiveDump

Con

1. Rebuttal:

A. "Don't the 'gays' count?" I do believe God loves homosexuals. But God loves criminals in every form. Just because God loves someone doesn't mean we should legalize all of their decisions (i.e., murder, rape, double-dipping)

B. "Kids are dying because they can't be who they are." Kids also can't get married, so this is irrelevant.

C. "Everyone has the right to love whoever they want." Some people think their cousins are pretty hot. They still can't get married.

D. "Isn't hating ... a gay the same as being racist?" Perhaps, but there's nothing illegal about being racist, and either way this does nothing to prove that homosexuals should be allowed to get married.

2. Economic Impacts

According to [http://www.allaboutlove.org...], Along with the increase of income taxes and social security taxes, medical insurance premiums will rise to make up for the high health care costs associated with homosexual-related diseases (i.e., AIDS, colon cancer, hepatitis, etc.). This will become costly for everyone, homosexuals and heterosexuals alike.

3. Health Impacts

Homosexuality is not something that should be encouraged, as along with my previous mention of AIDS, colon cancer, and hepatitis, numerous studies have also shown the homosexual behavior has lead to lower life expectancies, psychological disorders, etc. By legalizing gay marriage, we are only encouraging an unhealthy decision. And as our government has done its best to discourage decisions like smoking, our government should also be doing its best to discourage homosexual marriage.

4. What is "Marriage", Anyway?

Marriage is a ceremony of commitment that was developed differently by different cultures. Assuming we are talking about the Christian form of marriage, allowing the government to decide who the church must marry is a violation of separation of the separation Church and State.

Furthermore, what's next on the government's checklist of marriages to legalize? There's nothing unconstitutional about incest, polygamy, or bestiality. If nothing is stopping the government from legalizing gay marriage, what's stopping them from legalizing a father and daughter in love?

Bottom line: The government has no right to decide who the church is allowed to marry.

Conclusion:

There's nothing wrong with being in love and living together, but in the end, allowing marriage would be unconstitutional for violating church and state. Marriage would also bring about economic inequality. Even the government allowing homosexuality to be encouraged could lead to health issues in the future, therefore, gay marriage should not be legalized.
whitneyhaynie

Pro

( Sorry Those where my opinions as a Christian. Good points though.)

"2. Economic Impacts

According to [http://www.allaboutlove.org......], Along with the increase of income taxes and social security taxes, medical insurance premiums will rise to make up for the high health care costs associated with homosexual-related diseases (i.e., AIDS, colon cancer, hepatitis, etc.). This will become costly for everyone, homosexuals and heterosexuals alike. "

-AIDS, colon cancer, and other diseases can also 'caught' by heterosexuals.

1. Married couples are more likey to adopt.

http://www.balancedpolitics.org...
MassiveDump

Con

My opponent's conduct is much appreciated.

1. Rebuttal

My opponent has let go of all of her initial arguments, therefore agreeing to the following:

- Just because God loves someone does not mean all of their decisions should be legal
- Kids dying is not relevant to a case about marriage.
- Not everyone has the right to love who they want.
- Her statement comparing homophobia to racism is irrelevant.

2. Economic Impacts

My opponent states that diseases often associated with homosexuality can also happen to heterosexuals. This statement does have some validity. However, According to [http://aids.gov...], 61% of people who have acquired AIDS are men who have had sex with other men to acquire the disease.

Legalizing homosexual marriage, obviously, would encourage men having sex with other men, consequently causing AIDS rates to rise, and therefore increasing the cost of health insurance.

My contention on the economic consequence of gay marriage still stands.

3. Health Impacts

Along with my statements in contention 2, encouraging homosexuality by legalizing gay marriage will also increase the rate of psychological disorders, and lower the life expectancy. My opponent does not disagree with this.

4. What is "Marriage", Anyway?

I made the point that legalizing a new form of marriage in the church is an intrusion on separation of church and state. I also stated that this will be a slippery slope into incest, polygamy, men marrying inflatable dolls, etc. My opponent does not disagree with this, either.

5. "Married Couples Are More Likely To Adopt"

I do not see the significance of this argument. If married couples are more likely to adopt, with my opponent's logic, heterosexual married couples are just as likely to adopt.

Conclusion:

All points of the resolution have been negated along with additional disadvantages. Gay marriage should not be legalized because it will lead to intrusive government, lower life expectancies, and more expensive health insurance.

whitneyhaynie

Pro

whitneyhaynie forfeited this round.
MassiveDump

Con

Horses are evil.
Posted by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
Could you be more clear on what the resolution is?
Vote Placed by Napoleon_Dynamite_915 3 years ago
Napoleon_Dynamite_915
whitneyhaynieMassiveDumpTied
Vote Placed by Misterscruffles 3 years ago
Misterscruffles
whitneyhaynieMassiveDumpTied
Vote Placed by TUF 3 years ago
TUF
whitneyhaynieMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
whitneyhaynieMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F.