HamadAlThani
RationalMadman

Legalizing Gambling further more

HamadAlThani

Con

I feel that the jurisdiction should remain with individual states. Each state should conduct a thorough and exhaustive evaluation that weighs all the benefits and drawbacks associated with legalizing gambling further. No two states are the same and thus no two economic atmospheres are identical. Even a referendum on the issue would be better than trying to apply a singular model on different cities. My personal opinion is against the further legalization of gambling. Legalizing gambling further in the United States would be a huge gamble the government would be taking. The main reasons would be being a much more rise in crime rates, compulsive gamblers who ruin their lives, and corruption that"s involves government officials themselves rather than finding ways to help the economy in a better way. The social costs heavily outweigh the monetary benefits and I think it"s even clearer after viewing professor Grinols study. Is raising millions of dollars of revenue worth it if millions of dollars are lost by residents gambling? I say no, but perhaps if there is a more stringent regulation and better policies in place to ensure cities and states are in a better economic standing after legalization rather before it.
RationalMadman

Pro

well I see no reason to prevent one's liberty to geamble. This is against free will and human rights.
HamadAlThani

Con

HamadAlThani forfeited this round.
RationalMadman

Pro

I might be socialist but I am liberal when it comes to matters such as one's mantenance of their personal gambling. I think instead of worrying about it being legalized we should instead perahps 'cap' the percentage of one's income they can' legally spend on it
HamadAlThani

Con

HamadAlThani forfeited this round.
RationalMadman

Pro

First they ignore you,
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Gandhi.