D0CT0R
Deathbeforedishonour

Legalizing Gay Marrige

Deathbeforedishonour

D0CT0R

Pro

I believe that gay marrige should be legalized because you can love whoever you want to love. Just because some people say it's against their religion or they think it's gross doesn't mean that anyone should prevent people from living happily together. Some people say the law is there for the same reason the law against marrying objects or animals is there. Gays and lesbians are people who have feelings and one of those feelings is love.

Why would people suddenly jump up and try to stop gay marriage because it's against thier religion, when they pay no attention to the other rules of the bible? It also says in the bible to remain virtuous, and to not get re-married. Most christians don't follow all of the rules in the bible.

Deathbeforedishonour

Con

I thank my opponent for his challenge. First I will start with definition of Civil Marriage and then commence rebuttal and the laying down of my case against homosexual marriage.

Marriage-- The legal status, condition, or relationship that results from a contract by which one man and one woman, who have the capacity to enter into such an agreement, mutually promise to live together in the relationship of Husband and Wife in law for life, or until the legal termination of the relationship [1].

What is Marriage?

Marriage has historically been a union between a husband and a wife (mostly heterosexual) under law in order to sanction the rearing of new citizens within societies. The traditional principle upon which the institution was found is the idea of the husband leading the house and supporting the wife, and the wife serving the husband. The husband has the duting of prividing basic necessities for the wife (and children) and the wife has the duty to cook, clean, and provide sex for the husband. The whole reason the state is in it is to preserve the family unit so that it might bring for better future citizens, and so they give tax breaks and other subsidies to the couple to aid in that goal [1]. So that basically rules out my opponent's entire case about love, because it's not about love, it's just another subsidy that the state gives to it's citizens for a specific reason.

Why Marriage should be abolished altogether.

My case will not just be against gay marriage, but will be applied to all marriages.

The reason why the institution of marriage should be abolished as a state contract is that it promotes sexism, oppression, violence, and slavery. It is also just another pointless subsidy that the state gives to people with the tax dollars of other people.

A) The whole structure of marriage is very sexist and from the link I have given as my first source has always been that way. The very fact that only Men and traditionally allowed to propose, and the fact that men are looked at as the leader over the wife for no more reason then the fact that she is female. The idea that she is a servant, and that her only role is to do as the husband comands is very sexist. There is also the concept that the husband is the protector of his wife is also a form of sexism because it presupposes that women are week and in need of protecting merely because they are female. Sexism is a form of oppression and should never be sanctioned under the law.

B) There is no real reason to give tax breaks to people for merely having and raising children, and moreso the homosexual marriage doesn't even bring forth offspring, so the institution of marriage is essencially a pointless series of tax breaks for having sex. With all do respect to married couples, where I come from, we called people who are payed to have sex, prostitutes, and I doubt that anyone reading this would want the government promoting such an idea.

I will now await my opponent's response. Thank You.

[1]http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

D0CT0R

Pro

D0CT0R forfeited this round.
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

Arguments extented.
D0CT0R

Pro

D0CT0R forfeited this round.
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

Argument extended.
D0CT0R

Pro

D0CT0R forfeited this round.
D0CT0R

Pro

D0CT0R forfeited this round.
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

Vote Con! Here's a chant! :)

Posted by neurotic1 3 years ago
neurotic1
WOW THAT WAS A GOOD ARGUMENT. At first i saw debate and thought you wanted to fly to the UK and KILL ME, then i saw what you wrote and it made sooooo much sense.. well done you..

Only criticism is it might be difficult to put into application.. annulling all those marriages may be painstaking for those hardcore lovers. Letting below 5% of the population marry though, who'd notice without a hole in the wall?
Posted by MysticEgg 3 years ago
MysticEgg
Historically, marriage has been a union of many things...not just a man and a women.
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 3 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
Tahir123, Marriage isn't a right.
Posted by tahir123 3 years ago
tahir123
I think anyone who is opposed to gay marriage is a bigot, Gay people are born gay and can't help but be gay, they should get equal rights as heterosexuals, and should get equal rights in marriage, and the traditions of marriage should be redefined as a couple who is in love with each other, not mattering if they are of the same sex or different sex, and I think religion is filled with lies and bigotry, and we need a new method of morality.
Deathbeforedishonour
I agree with CatholicTraditionalist.
Posted by CatholicTraditionalist 3 years ago
CatholicTraditionalist
no gays in heaven
Posted by Liberalismisinsanity 3 years ago
Liberalismisinsanity
Gay marriage shouldn't be legal because then Pansexuals and Polygamists get married too. While we're at it, make rape legal! Raping your sister should also be legal. God knew this was the way it all goes. Downhill. Next orgies will be as common as getting drunk!
Posted by Solomon_Orlando 3 years ago
Solomon_Orlando
I support this - can't wait to see where this goes. Good luck.
Posted by SitaraPorDios 3 years ago
SitaraPorDios
i support you. Good luck.
Vote Placed by DoubtingDave 3 years ago
DoubtingDave
D0CT0RDeathbeforedishonourTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit. Sad cause Con had such a weak case
Vote Placed by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
D0CT0RDeathbeforedishonourTied
Reasons for voting decision: haha. You are so intimidating, lol. FF my vote goes to Con.