rightwrong
BEM1019

Legalizing abortion

rightwrong

rightwrong

Con

The first round will only be for acceptance and small introductions. Anyone is open to accept and I can't wait to hear what you have to say, good luck!
BEM1019

Pro

Hello I believe that abortion should be legalized. I will challenge you in this debate. I adamantly believe in the pro choice ethos. I will argue for on the basis of welfare, education responsibility and moralization. May the better debater win. Yours Sincerely BEM 1019.
rightwrong

Con

Thank you for accepting!
I will start out in defining abortion. I'm sure you (and anyone reading) knows what abortion is, but I will do it purely as a formality.
Abortion-the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy. (Merriam-Webster)
Now as my first point I will start out in saying that I think the biggest issue that "pro- choice", and "pro-life" believers have is when life begins. Life begins when the sperm and the egg are joined to form a potential child.
Some questions I have:
1. When do you believe life begins?
2. If you believe (like most pro-choice people) that life begins at birth then why aren't abortions done later in the term.
3. If it isn't a child dying than what is it?
Ok now continuing:)
the definition of life is-the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
Even at that early stage in the womb the child is growing and developing. It is no longer the choice of the mother because it is not her body anymore, it is also the body of a child.

I'm sorry that this isn't traditional debating style my thoughts tend to get scattered, I look forward to your reply and feel free to bring up any points you would like me to comment on.
BEM1019

Pro

forfeit sorry I did not realise your age. I will not debate you on this topic it is unethical for me to do so. Re-post for another challenger. It is not fair as I have had greater education experience than you and have lived through social issues that you have not experienced yet. Good Luck.
rightwrong

Con

rightwrong forfeited this round.
rightwrong

Con

rightwrong forfeited this round.
BEM1019

Pro

BEM1019 forfeited this round.
Posted by BEM1019 3 years ago
BEM1019
forfeit sorry I did not realise your age. I will not debate you on this topic it is unethical for me to do so. Repost for another challenger. It is not fair as I have had greater education experience than you and have lived through social issues that you have not experienced yet. Good Luck.
Vote Placed by GarretKadeDupre 3 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
rightwrongBEM1019Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
rightwrongBEM1019Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate never got off the ground. Pro and Con's accounts are both now closed--I don't know why. I will say that it was unfair of Pro to concede for the reasons he did. But concede and forfeit he did, so at the very least, conduct goes to Con.