Antnego
TheAwesomeRuler

Legalizing controlled substances would do more good than harm.

Antnego

Pro

I am arguing that ending prohibition of controlled substances would benefit society as a whole.

BOP is on myself AND my contender.

I will await a challenger to post an opening retort to my argument. I will post my rebuttal in Round 3.

Thanks for the debate in advance!
TheAwesomeRuler

Con

How will this benefit the society as a whole and in what terms social, society or political I would like to know this in round 2 Debate begins in round 3
Good Luck and LeT tHe DeBaTe BeGiN
Antnego

Pro

Antnego forfeited this round.
TheAwesomeRuler

Con

TheAwesomeRuler forfeited this round.
Antnego

Pro

Many more victims are claimed in the war on drugs than saved. Restricting access to drugs puts the market in the hands of a criminal element who will use violence and go to greater lengths to meet the demand for drugs. So not only do you have the addicts an families themselves who are adversely affected by drug use, you sacrifice the lives of people who fight the criminal element to keep drugs off the streets - namely cops, military, ATF, and border patrol. Even casual users are adversely affected because they have to deal with a criminal element in order to gain access to drugs (in casual, I mean an occasional recreational user).

Our prohibition of drugs also stigmatizes drug users. Drugs become the forbidden fruit of society. This increases the adrenaline rush of using drugs because one feels the excitement of breaking the law (and often getting away with it). It also makes it more difficult to come forward and admit you have a problem with drugs because of the shame society attaches to drug use.

I await my opponent's rebuttal, and I apologize for the lack of response in round 2.
TheAwesomeRuler

Con

TheAwesomeRuler forfeited this round.
Antnego

Pro

I am awaiting my opponent's response. If I hear no response this round, I'll assume my opponent has forfeited.
TheAwesomeRuler

Con

TheAwesomeRuler forfeited this round.
Antnego

Pro

Antnego forfeited this round.
TheAwesomeRuler

Con

TheAwesomeRuler forfeited this round.
Posted by BrooklynHaze 3 years ago
BrooklynHaze
The act of controlling a substance is already harmful... There's a reason it's called controlled substance, and it's not abuse, humans use it accepting the consequences.