Legally lower the drop out age for high schools in America

If a person (teen) is not willing to even "try" to do their school work, then there is no reason for us to support them (taxes).

The current drop out age in America is 16 and it should be lowered. The target age is not important in this debate.

Round 1 is for acceptance and the rest is for arguments. Any facts provided must be back up with sources.

I would like to thank my opponent for starting this debate. By first round for acceptance, I will draw the conclusion that I am allowed to bring up the structure of my arguments.

If my opponent meant otherwise, I would like to point out that I only have 3,000 characters per round and putting it in the second round with my main arguments would be a complete waste of space.

--Opponent's rules--

Rule I: My opponent's first rule is that first round is for acceptance, correct? If he does not expect me to present an argument, why did he do so himself in the very first sentence of this debate? Please consider this in the conduct section of the voting.

Rule II: All facts must be backed up with sources. That means, I assume, that any fact that is NOT backed up with a source becomes false and the opposing side has the ability to call the other side out on it. With pro's wording, here is an example:

High school dropouts are usually 16 (1).

(1) (Not real link)

High school dropouts are usually 16.

That would be considered as a false fact and will not be needed to be argued against.

With that said, let the debate commence!

leontd forfeited this round.

You have got to be kidding me.

leontd forfeited this round.

Come. On.
Vote Placed by Spamkybones 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: The con simply proved that it shouldn't and the pro forfeited the last 2 rounds.