Debate_Lord
Duncan

Legend of Zelda is better than Elder Scrolls

Duncan
Started: 12/7/2014 Category: Games

Debate_Lord

Pro

I" Think that Legend of Zelda series is better because it allows the player to see new temple's and new items which have more challenge, "I" understand that elder scrolls gives the player the ability of character making but having a character provided makes you be able to actually get into the series since you seen him in other game's it makes you be able to be adjusted to him. it also allows the player to get to know the character better when the character is provided, the challenges are more unique for the fact that in legend of Zelda Majora's mask the character has to sneak into the kingdom and prevent being avoided while creature's attack, it also gave a better atmosphere with the whole moon crashing down, "I" noticed that the loading time for Elder scrolls even when going in a small building is Long, I'M also aware of the side quest for Elder scrolls but having just one big story and a couple of activity's in a legend of Zelda Game just makes the series more awesome.
Duncan

Con

You've made the word count small, so I'll only be covering adventure as a theme.

I would like to begin with the central theme of the original Legend of Zelda. Most people would agree the original theme of the game was adventure, allowing exploration and challenge in equal measures. This was one of the key factors that shaped games such as Pokemon too, getting to explore a new world with new sights. But it died fast. The Zelda formula was devised. With the formula made, all games became practically the same. Mechanically superb, but stagnant. The plot was gone, the adventure was gone. Skyrim and Oblivion gave the player a world to explore at their own pace and leisure. Few dungeons require progress in the main quest to enter. On the other hand, to get to a dungeon in Ocarina required you to find permission to enter the dungeon. This barrier is for narrative purpose, but you can find the Elder Scroll in Skyrim before asked to get it.

Next round, Link the character with some rebuttal.
Debate_Lord

Pro

Debate_Lord forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

Now, I'd like to address the character of Link. You see, while Link has been more of a character in games such as Wind Waker, but the fact that every Link is a reincarnation means that each one is not the same person. While Skyrim doesn't have a main character as they are custom made, you can at least choose the appearance of the Dragonborn. Link is stuck in his tunic and hat, colour is the only changing factor, and there is no character to get to know.

I don't recall sneaking into Terminam in Majora's Mask. Aren't you chasing Skull Kid? And while I did like the moon's constant reminder of the consequences should you fail, Skyrim still has the Throat of the World towering above the player reminding them of their goal. Loading screens are in Scrolls games, but they also feature massive maps with dungeons dotting the landscape. LoZ also had the Song of Time and the Song of Soaring as loading screens.

This might be a bit unfair, but I'm talking technical next round.

Duncan.
Debate_Lord

Pro

Debate_Lord forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

This might seem unfair at first, but this round is technical talk. I'm not really talking resolution and frame rate; I'm talking more of the fact that Majora's Mask is just reused assets from Ocarina of Time reassembled and sold at market price, while Skyrim is a groundbreaking, massive open world game that also lets the player modify the game to their own liking. The combat is more fleshed out even considering the innovation Z-targeting was, and the player is granted almost complete freedom within this open world. You might say that it's a limit of technology; I say that Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall came out two years prior and still hosts one of the largest maps in gaming, second only to Minecraft.

I won't say that Ocarina of Time is a bad game. It isn't. Dark Souls could be considered the next in line with a matching style, and I love that game with a vengeance. But it is a relic of the past, and following Zelda games are just graverobbing at this point. See you next time,

Duncan.
Posted by Duncan 2 years ago
Duncan
To be honest, I don't think this is a debate that is entirely fair. LoZ is the origin of many fantasy games, so all future games owe their existence to it. The same goes for many other Nintendo games. But ask yourself this; which was better? Super Mario 3d land or Rayman Legends?
Posted by XxDemonLegacyxX 2 years ago
XxDemonLegacyxX
dude Zelda's way better. Fight for your series man. That was a no-brainer.
Posted by alphafailed 2 years ago
alphafailed
This guy doesn't do the legend of zelda series justice. It deserves a better debate that a two-round forfeiture.
Posted by volcan 2 years ago
volcan
not even a contest
Vote Placed by volcan 2 years ago
volcan
Debate_LordDuncanTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfiture
Vote Placed by FaustianJustice 2 years ago
FaustianJustice
Debate_LordDuncanTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and astute observations.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Debate_LordDuncanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by SNP1 2 years ago
SNP1
Debate_LordDuncanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro loses conduct for the multiple forfeits, and loses arguments because Con is the only one that really put anything worth while down.