Lego is better than Minecraft

eyyang0403 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 7/10/2016 Category: Games

Thank you for debating (or trying to) me on such short notice. I appreciate your time and let's get started in this debate.

1) Kids can learn more

When you play with Lego's, you have opportunities to open up: Creativity, Patience, direction following, programming, and MUCH MORE! For example: Creativity. This is because you are only given a set amount of pieces in each set, and you have to work with what you have. Lego Mindstorm gives you the ability to make countless things with programming, such as a machine that can solve a Rubik's cube, or a robot that can preform tasks. In Minecraft, you can have unlimited amount of blocks, and that's not really testing your creativity to it's max. That's why kids can learn more playing Lego's.

Thank you for offering this debate to me. I will try to get a sufficient argument together in the 13 minutes that I have before my round is forfeited.

I feel that children can learn just as much, if not, more with Minecraft. While there are unlimited blocks in Minecraft and the Laws of Physics do not always apply, children can explore their creativity through Minecraft. For instance, I am currently building an entire town in Minecraft. I have a bunch of houses, a hotel, a town hall, offices, a police department, and a whole lot more. Yes, one can program with Lego Mindstorms, but couldn't they also learn to program by making mods for Minecraft? Minecraft lacks certain things that I would like to use in my city, but if I try making mods, I could add new types of furniture, new building materials and so much more.

Minecraft also has survival mode, where you basically are trying to "live off of the land". You must hunt for food, build a house, avoid getting killed by monsters, mine for iron, et cetera.

I only have a minute left, so I have to cut this one short. Thank you for debating with me.
Posted by eyyang0403 3 months ago
OldManReid, You are a very good debater!