chivasnumber1
piefav

Leonel Messi is a better soccer player then Cristiano Ronaldo

Started: 12/3/2015 Category: Sports

chivasnumber1

Pro

Someone challenge me to this debate.
I am going to support the opinion that Messi is better than Cristiano Ronaldo.
piefav

Con

I will take stance that Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Lionel Messi.
chivasnumber1

Pro

Five reasons why Lionel Messi is better than Cristiano ronaldo are..
5- Age & Abilty
At only 27-years-of-age, Messi has a good deal left in him, and when it's taken into account that he may not have yet actually hit his peak, the prospects are awe-inspiring. Already considered by many to be firmly lodged amongst the greatest names in history, Messi is quite literally a legend of the game, without having yet retired.Having scored 318 goals already for Barcelona, by the time he retires he could well be out of sight of any of his competitors.With a host of worldwide accolades and personal trophies to his name, Messi has plenty of time left to add to his already unrivalled success. His young age combined with unparalleled skill on the ball and masterful playmaking puts him right up there.
4- His brilliance in all areas.
Most footballers have to confess to having a weak area in their game. Whether it's a lack of being able to use their weak foot, a failure to compete in the air, a tendency to switch off or simply that in some areas they are worse than others.I can without any hesitation that Messi is a complete player. Unless he's put at centre-back you can expect him to be dominant in any position, and his vast array of talents mean that he's a handful for any side in the world.
Brilliant with both feet, strong in the air, masterful with set-pieces, a revelation with the ball at his feet, an accomplished playmaker and not afraid to track back and help team-mates out, the 27-year-old doesn't have an area of his game that needs work.
3- His superiority over Ronaldo
This is a topic which will no doubt stimulate numerous protests, but Messi has to be regarded as being better than Cristiano Ronaldo based on the fact he won the Ballon d'Or for the four seasons in a row. Once you've analysed that record, and take in that Ronaldo himself can stake a claim as to being one of the best to have ever lived, it further pushes Messi into a league of his own.
2- Consistency
It's hard to look back upon a game when a fully-fit Messi has been successfully kept completely quiet.The fact that he broke Gerd Muller's record for the most amount of goals in a calendar year shows just how consistent he is week in week out.
The Argentinian ace simply never fails to disappoint, and despite having to play a large amount of fixtures due to Barcelona's participation in the Champions League, Messi is religiously on point.
It's impossible to be considered the greatest ever if you're not consistent, and there have been great players who in the past have struggled to maintain their best form, or endured spells where they've struggled to make an impact.
Messi doesn't fall into such company, and more than often than not proves the ultimate difference between Barca collecting three points or not.
1- The generation in which he plays
Perhaps the most pertinent of all the evidence backing up Messi's candidacy as the world's all-time best. Regardless of what anyone says about how football is changing for the worst, the on-pitch standard is at an all-time high. Players can run faster, tackle harder, go for longer and be more tactically astute than ever before due to the scientific developments of the game.A past great, no matter how good they were in their day, would not be able to simply step in a time-machine, transport to current day and still be able to make the grade. The standard of modern day football is so high that players competing in the top divisions thirty years ago would probably struggle to prove efficient in the third tier nowadays.
The fact that Messi reigns so definitely supreme in an era where football is competed at higher levels than ever before means that the maestro has to be considered the king. I'm not saying that Maradona and Pele wouldn't have been able to make it had they been born in this generation, but taking the general standard of football into the equation, Messi is a far better player man for man than any great from the pre-2000 era.
piefav

Con

piefav forfeited this round.
chivasnumber1

Pro

chivasnumber1 forfeited this round.
piefav

Con

piefav forfeited this round.
chivasnumber1

Pro

chivasnumber1 forfeited this round.
piefav

Con

piefav forfeited this round.
chivasnumber1

Pro

chivasnumber1 forfeited this round.
piefav

Con

piefav forfeited this round.
Posted by njmartin262 1 year ago
njmartin262
I'll take this debate right after I finish arguing that 1 is bigger than 2
Posted by ryedinc 1 year ago
ryedinc
Can't wait to view more of this argument, but may I say that pro has spent barely any time to talk about why he is BETTER than Ronaldo? I mean, I also think Messi is better, but you only gave facts about him, not shown why he is better. Though I guess that'll be saved for after Con gives his response. Jut reminding pro, since it was kind of bothering me.