Sweeney_Valjean
KingDebater

Les Miserables is the Best Musicaql in History

KingDebater

Sweeney_Valjean

Pro

Les Miserables is the best musical in the history of musical theatre. Never before has a musical had such a rich plot with such developed characters. The songs are incredible and written by two musical geniuses. You are attached to every character in the show and you realize that, even though they are both enemies, Valjean and Javert are both trying to do the right thing. This can give you a different outlook on the show and makes for quite and interesting "villain". Overall, Les Miserables is by far the best musical of all time, beating Wicked and Phantom of the Opera, as well. Those are both great, but cannot compare to Les Miserables in any way.
KingDebater

Con

I say that Les Miserables isn't the best musical in history. First off, who says that interesting villains and all that stuff is good? How does it make it the best? It's all about opinion really, which means that Les Miserables is not the best musical. it may be in someone's opinion, but that doesn't make it fact. I think I've already won the debate simply from that.

Sweeney_Valjean

Pro

Based off of opinion mostly, I agree. But if you judge a musical or a show based off of how developed the characters are, how many instruments the songs use, and how big the plot is, etc, Les Miserables has no contenders at all.
KingDebater

Con

Yes, but it's all about opinion, so Les Miserables isn't the best musical, which means that I will be victorious in this debate. Sophisticated people such as moi (getting clever with the French language there) hate things such as developed characters, instruments and plots.

Also, what do you mean by 'mostly'?, 100% or something over 50 that isn't 100%?
Sweeney_Valjean

Pro

To be honest, I'm just testing the debate system. XD Good day.
KingDebater

Con

Vote Con!
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
KingDebater: If no musical is best, than every musical is best to include the one in question. Personally there's a couple I prefer, but my taste isn't the argument. Additionally, your argument dropped out as well, unless a giant "VOTE CON!" is an argument. As such I can only measure the rounds prior to that.
Posted by KingDebater 4 years ago
KingDebater
In round 3, he drops all arguments. Also, in your vote you say that I lost because I failed to name any muscial that was better, but my argument was that no musical is the best.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
On the forums it was stated one side conceded. I don't see those words to that affect anywhere.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Sweeney_ValjeanKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used an argument by assertion, without details. He failed to name any (by any standard) which were better. Nor did he actually prove the one in question worse than any other. I cannot give sources to either side, as I saw none. Conduct: I preferred the conduct of Pro, who was very humble in their first debate.
Vote Placed by phantom 4 years ago
phantom
Sweeney_ValjeanKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gave up at the end. I also found KingDebaters contention that what constitutes the best musical is just opinion, therefore there is no best opinion, was never defeated.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 4 years ago
bladerunner060
Sweeney_ValjeanKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession, I think? Also, despite Con's snark, he did make some good points about the nature of "best".