TBR
xhammy

Lesbians are very high (statistically) for domestic violence; nobody knows why.

xhammy

TBR

Con

1st round acceptance.
xhammy

Pro

First of all this is a purely factual debate like one might debate "are the lights on or off" and this doesn't have squat to do with anything else related to LGBT issues.

Second either if the opponent can win the argument either if he proves beyond reasonable doubt that either A lesbians are not more statistically high for domestic violence but also could win by stating a very logical reason to why, which would state that someone does in fact know why and I would lose.

3rd this being purely statistics it could be a difference of .0000001% and be a coincidence with me losing to that being the answer "it is a coincidence" or if its a 3% and up difference we could conclude it is likely more than a coincidence and TBR needing to provide another explanation or disprove the statistics to win.

All I need to prove is that there is a minute difference in the domestic violence statistics to win and that there is no logical explanation.

This also is under the mutual understanding that "very high" means higher than relevant others not simply just a number that we consider large or small. (The wording could have been a little more specific.)

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!
TBR

Con

1) First of all this is a purely factual debate like one might debate "are the lights on or off" and this doesn't have squat to do with anything else related to LGBT issues.
Yup

2) Second either if the opponent can win the argument either if he proves beyond reasonable doubt that either A lesbians are not more statistically high for domestic violence but also could win by stating a very logical reason to why, which would state that someone does in fact know why and I would lose.
You are debateing statictis as stated above, not logical.

3) 3rd this being purely statistics it could be a difference of .0000001% and be a coincidence with me losing to that being the answer "it is a coincidence" or if its a 3% and up difference we could conclude it is likely more than a coincidence and TBR needing to provide another explanation or disprove the statistics to win.
Arbatraty at best. You stated "very high", 3% is not "very high". I will leave that to the judges.

4) All I need to prove is that there is a minute difference in the domestic violence statistics to win and that there is no logical explanation.
All over the board again. Nope, you need to prove "very high". No moving goalposts.

5) This also is under the mutual understanding that "very high" means higher than relevant others not simply just a number that we consider large or small. (The wording could have been a little more specific.)
That is YOUR fault for choosing the words. Don't blame me.

Present your argument.
xhammy

Pro

Turn your attention to a CDC study: http://www.cdc.gov...
On the second page, there is a chart on the:

Lifetime prevalence of rape, physical violence, and/or stalking
by an intimate partner of Straight, bisexual, and gay males and females.
Female| MALE
Lesbian 44% | Gay 26%
Bisexual 61% | Bisexual 37%
Heterosexual 35% | Heterosexual 29%

44% of lesbians and 35% of straight women

This will conclude my first argument.
or a 9% difference

Now this is the CDC, so we know these numbers are on point.
TBR

Con

I freely admit I have had no time to do this debate, but I must post a round. Pro still has provided nothing to prove 'more violent' only a cdc summary speaking to more instances of stalking.
xhammy

Pro

You cannot even make a rebuttal? Arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall. If you didn't have the time you should have not issued the debate.
Posted by Zebracakes 1 year ago
Zebracakes
I just found this debate. I find it offensive to lesbians. I agree with TBR because not all lesbians are domestically violent.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Round 3: Con: "You cannot even make a rebuttal? Arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall. If you didn't have the time you should have not issued the debate." Bull's-eye! That's probably the greatest comment I've ever seen on this website!
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
Post your argument first. You have the BoP in this.
Vote Placed by gannon260 2 years ago
gannon260
TBRxhammyTied
Reasons for voting decision: well con never made an argument however pro cited sources from the cdc and constructed a simple argument. Easy win for pro