ATR2004
asi14

Let me watch this.com(will be con) vs moviebox(which is pro)

ATR2004

Pro

First of all movie box is completely legal(don't argue this that's not up for debate)
ok I think movie box is better because I don't have to sign up for an account and it's on mobile so you can enjoy a movie anywhere in the world with wifi it's sort of hard to lug a laptop around and you can predownload movies so you can watch without wifi

And I'm pretty sure more people have mobile devices for movie box over computers and I know that you might think you need jailbreak for moviebox but now it's available without jailbreak though non jailbreak app vshare(which is also not illegal) And you don't need to pay for movies and you don't need to keep up with adobe flash player just to watch movies
asi14

Con

First off, the very presumption of streaming movies for free is illegal and bad. It is illegal under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act of 1998, where it " creates limitations on the liability of online service providers for
copyright infringement when engaging in certain types of activities.". (http://www.copyright.gov...). Therefore, both options are illegal. The best option, quite frankly, is to buy the movie. It's legal, it's good for the economy, and the amount of money required to purchase a movie is insignificant next to the amount lost from streaming the movie.

However, should the consensus be that this presumption is good, both of the options presented by the pro are undesirable. First, these websites offer lesser protection against domestic surveillance searching for violators of the DCMA, which means there's a higher chance of arrest. Second, these websites more likely than not are riddled with viruses, which is self-explanatory. Third, these websites will often be taken down, on account of the DCMA.

Thus, I propose a Counterplan: PopcornTime (http://popcorn-time.se...). It solves for the problems I brought up in the previous paragraph, and it solves for the objections brought up by the pro. I will first explain the CP's solvency on my objections, and then the pro's objections.

First, by method of installation rather than online use, PopcornTime offers better protection against surveillance. Moreover, PopcornTime is a definite safe software (verified by Norton Security). Finally, PopcornTime WON'T be taken down. It's base of operations is not in America, which means the FBI has a harder job at taking it down.

On the pro's objections. First, I have already proved that all these options are illegal, and thus should be taken at your own risk. Second, PopcornTime does all the features proposed by the pro. It a) doesn't require an account, b) supports smartphones, c) movies are actually downloaded, thus can be watched without Wi-Fi. Second, PopcornTime solves for mobile support better than MovieBox. A) the issue of jailbreaking is nonexistant. Installation on mobile consists of running the installation procedure on a computer, with the phone connected to it via USB. B)Adobe Flash is not used, so this isssue is circumvented.

Finally, I shall disprove the points proposed by the pro.
1) As I have repeatedly said, it's actually illegal.
2) Whether or not it's required to sign up for an account is irrevalent, especially if the website is virus-riddled.
3) Laptops are not that heavy. If you think they are, either work out, or stop being lazy.
4) The act of jailbreaking is inherently undesirable. It eliminates the option of updating (without getting rid of jailbreak), it voids the warrenty.
ATR2004

Pro

ATR2004 forfeited this round.
asi14

Con

It has come to my attention that the pro has forfeited this debate, therefore the con wins by presumption.
ATR2004

Pro

Movie box is a app not a website also movie box is not riddled with viruses and movie box only let's you watch them after the DVD comes out that's when the copyright is dead and it can be put online or anywhere now I have to go on vacation so it's
Was bad to start a debate at this time
asi14

Con

It's clear that the con has won this debate. They have hands down conceded the entirety of the Counterplan, thus the CP ENTIRELY SOLVES THE CASE. The con also has conceded this entire notion of free websites is illegal and bad, so con wins through that too. Whether it be through the Counterplan or presumption, con must win.

Case

First, the pro tries to claim MovieBox is like the CP, in that it's an application. First, the pro has not provided any evidence that supports that assertion, whereas I have given a direct link to PopcornTime's website. Moreover, just because it's an application doesn't mean it's not riddled with viruses.

Second, the pro says MovieBox is legal because it only puts movies up after it's on DVD, seemingly because that means that copyright is dead. That is clearly not true. Even if the movie's no longer circulating in the movies doesn't mean it's dropped by its makers; if it's a good movie, then the maker will market the heck out of it, and will grab onto it like a pair of Tiberian bats through the usage of copyrights. This also supports how MovieBox is illegal, which they dropped.

Next, CP. Oh wait, they dropped everything on it! Vote con.
Posted by asi14 1 year ago
asi14
did you even look at my argument lol
Posted by williamworth 1 year ago
williamworth
Now there are bundles of letmewatchthis or letsmewatchthis net, don't know which one is the right and i think the best one is netflix. All of them provides same services, the only difference is that someone provides huge amount of data as compare to others of limited data.
Posted by ATR2004 1 year ago
ATR2004
You didn't win con I got bored I have other things to do
Posted by ATR2004 1 year ago
ATR2004
Oh really looks like someone accepted the debate too bad hey guys next hulk vs thor
Posted by BMSxRIO 1 year ago
BMSxRIO
Okay no one is going to accept this debate because they might have a preference in movie service that isn't let me watch this. This is about two micro movie services that most people probably don't use regularly. A better idea would be Netflix vs Hulu because those are two major services. Just saying.
Posted by ATR2004 1 year ago
ATR2004
Can I get a let swatch this sucks

LET ME WATCH THIS SUCKS