blackfirewolf
EmRem

Let's Debate!

blackfirewolf

blackfirewolf

Pro

This can be a debate on whatever you want! Though it says I am pro I will be con if you want to be pro. This can be a serious or funny debate I don't care! R1 could you just tell me the subject of debate before you start your arguement? Thanks and I look forward to debating against anyone! ;)
EmRem

Con

Hi, I'm new and I'd like to debate the topic that Illegally downloading music off the Internet should be stopped and is wrong. I'l be going for this topic, as I say that it is wrong and should be stopped. You first!
blackfirewolf

Pro

Hi, I'm new too! Just to verify you will be con for this? And I'm going to be supporting illegal downloading? That won't be hard at all! XD
Ok we should be able to download music off the internet because CD's are a lot of money for people that don't have a lot of it (Say me, a 14 year old girl that has to buy anything I want. My parents buy me things like clothes and food but anything like electronic devices I have to buy out of my own pocket. And I really don't make enough money to buy a lot of things).
Also, most people are now going more ditagal. So you might as well get your music off the internet since so many people are on it. And the artists of the songs could make quite a bit of money selling their music online for very little. It all adds up!
Lastly, people are going to do it anyways so we might as well just make it legal. Especially with the newer generations that are like very tec-smart (me being an exception). If you can't beat 'em, join 'em I say!
I eargerly await your response in this very ummm, interesting debate! XD
EmRem

Con

So first of all,
MONEY
These musicians have to earn money, too, and getting their music for free doesn't help them.
RESPECT
Definition of respect: A worth seen by someone else about another person. Buying their music says that they're worth something. Getting their music for free technically says they're worth nothing.

Even though you don't have much money, I'm sure you would like to earn some. If people download something you make for free, are you making much money? Certainly not.
Even though this generation is more digital, that doesn't mean that you have to buy their CD's to get the music. You can get them off of Spotify, iTunes, etc. and these stores still cost money.
It DOES cost the musicians to make the songs. It's a lot of money to go to a recording studio, even for one hour.
Also, you said:
"but anything like electronic devices I have to buy out of my own pocket" If your parents buy you clothes and food, then you should by some time be able to buy music CD's or iTunes cards. Music is a want, not a need, like clothes.

Thanks for the worthy argument! :D
blackfirewolf

Pro

Ok this is the final round so i will try to make it count.

Musicians make quite a bit of money not on the CD's but on places like itunes and tours. So really we are not making such a great harm are we?
As for respect I guess you are right. However, if I was a musician, I would be happy that so many like my music enough that they'd commit a crime to listen to it. Doesn't make it right but it would be flattering.
And since the world is now more ditagal it makes it much easier to get music off the internet compared to going to the store to get it.
And lastly, I believe that even if music isn't a NEED, it is quite a big WANT. I know I won't get though my day without tunes! (as pathetic as that sounds it is true)
Thanks for this interesting debate! I hope we can remain friends without any hard feelings depending on who wins. Best of luck! XD
EmRem

Con

I'm sure we can remain friends :D
Musicians may be happy that people will commit a crime for their music, but as you said, it still isn't right. I think they would still need the money. iTunes is what I'm getting at, as that would be a gReat solution to free music being illegal. iTunes is paid AND is digital, which would cut off people's free music that isn't right to take. Also, a musician will not necessarily be happy that people are commiting crimes fOr their music (especially Christian singers).
After this debate, you've managed to sTay being a friend. I am very grateful for this. Thank you!
Posted by Cometflash 4 years ago
Cometflash
This debate was cute.

Very unusual and refreshing. It did not really felt like a debate, it felt very natural, and you two seems to be in the same state of mind while debating.

What I mean is, neither of you care to be formal, and you just talk as if you were at a coffee shop, drinking some coffee and talking about a specific subject, and not at a debate site debating.
Posted by EmRem 4 years ago
EmRem
I don't see it :(
Posted by blackfirewolf 4 years ago
blackfirewolf
Lol if u want to change it then go to settings at your side bar. u can change a bunch of things there including privacy settings. or u could edit ur profile. hope this helps! :D
Posted by EmRem 4 years ago
EmRem
Oh yeah and I'm not a male although my profile says that and I can't change it :(
Vote Placed by Justaga 4 years ago
Justaga
blackfirewolfEmRemTied
Reasons for voting decision: I just picked someone!
Vote Placed by The_Chaos_Heart 4 years ago
The_Chaos_Heart
blackfirewolfEmRemTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well the arguments could have been beter all around, although I feel that Pro made a more convincing case in stating it causes less harm to allow for the "illegal" downloading of music vs. banning it. Con's only argument was really just "But the money should be paid", but didn't really develop why we should be charging, and why, for instance, we allow people to sell and trade used movie and games, but if you do the same thing, from an anonymous internet source, suddenly it's illegal.