HermanGomez95
ToddsAmerica

Liberal v. Conservative (Uncensored)

HermanGomez95
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

HermanGomez95

Pro

This debate is, in every sense of the word, informal. Unlike most debates, conduct is no longer an issue Therefore, whomever accepts this debate agrees that it will get vicious! In simpler terms, this is meant to be more of a gritty argument than an organized debate. In that light, it will be much more entertaining for both the opponents and their audience. I hope that this is a first of many unrestricted debates. However, this does not mean that the validity of our arguments will not be judged. In a way, this is similar to the heated, but intellectual debates one has with one's family members who oppose one's beliefs. So yes, it is an actual debate, just without civility. It is meant to be more open. But one must still actually provide arguments as to why they do not hold the other's belief. The winner will be elected based on their arguments.

As this is my first debate of this nature, I’ll lay down a few rules:

1. Conduct is not an issue. All manner of insults are fair game, so long as it remains nonviolent. Any threats or harassments made result in an instant forfeiture and potential report of your remarks. (In simpler terms: Don’t threaten someone, or be sexually perverse towards them.)

2. Voting is not on a 7 point scale, however, the validity of your arguments still comes into question. A voter must still provide their reasoning as to why they elected a winner.

3. Acceptance of this debate equals automatic agreement to it’s heated and intense nature.

4. No matter how offensive the debate may get, both opponents agree to keep the uncivility within the debate only! Aggression and unsportsmanlike conduct should not occur outside of the debate.

With the rules clarified, let’s get to the subject of this unique debate. Social Liberals v. Conservatives!

In simpler terms, this debate will address issues like abortion, homosexuality, and women’s rights. (Other issues may apply, deepening on your own set of beliefs.)

Essentially both parties will provide a brief biography of their personal beliefs, subjecting them to all manners of insults within the debate. The winner will be elected based on their ability to shut down any arguments against them.

The debate structure is as follows.

Round 1: Acceptance and personal bio’s.

Round 2: Pro attacks Con’s personal beliefs | Con refutes Pro’s attacks, attacks Pro.

Round 3: Pro refute Con’s attacks, attacks Con | Con refutes Pro’s attacks, attacks Pro.

Round 4: Pro refute Con’s attacks, attacks Con | Con refutes Pro’s attacks, attacks Pro.

Round 5: Pro refutes Con’s attacks, gives closing statements. | Con gives closing statements.

I hope my opponent finds this set-up effective.

I would say my usual slogan, but there will be little civility here... so, let's just have fun.

Personal Bio:
I’ll be taking the Liberal position in this debate. I’m an extremely liberal Democrat who is pro-choice, pro-LGBT rights, and pro-Gun Control. I believe that freedom of religion is not exclusive to protestants, and that it does not give them the right to be conservative a**holes who do not want to allow my people to get married. I also believe that homosexuals and transgenders face unequivocal harassment and discrimination in MODERN society. I feel there is still a large gap between women and men, and that full equality has yet to occur. Finally, I believe that abortion should be left up to the woman and that conservatives need to look at the whole situation before they minimalize the issue by calling the woman irresponsible. Should you accept this debate, you should know that these topics are the ones I’ll be most passionate about.

ToddsAmerica

Con

Thank you for challenging me to this debate. Looking forward to it.

My Personal Beliefs:

I am politically conservative. My philosophy is generally supportive of limited federal government, traditional American values, and patriotism.

I support LGBT individuals having equal rights, as I believe they already do. I oppose actions that, under the pretense of equality, give special privileges to supposedly oppressed groups, restrict free speech, or attacks the functioning of traditional institutions.

I fully support the second amendment and gun rights.

I am pro life but support exceptions for rape, incest, and mother's health.

I support freedom of religion. Contrary to what pro stated, I do believe that freedom of religion does include the right for protestants to be, in his view, "consevative a**holes".

As for gender equality, I think it is largely a empty term. Men and women should have equal rights. But, the fundamental reality that men and women are not the exact same needs to be acknowledged as well. It is ridiculous to look at the fact that, for example, women and men are not exactly equally represented in every profession and assume discrimination or oppression.

The claim that men hold a unilaterally privileged position in society due to historical oppression or patriarchy is also a claim I would disagree with. There are clearly areas in society where men hold privilege and areas where women hold privilege. We also need to acknowledge the sociobiological basis for many of these realities. That doesn't necessarily justify them. But, the "oppressive patriarchy" theory of gender relations is ridiculous.
HermanGomez95

Pro

Thanks for accepting my debate. Reminder that civility is no longer an issue, so if I get rude, I’d like to assert that it’s nothing against my opponent. It’s only because I’m very passionate about these issues.

Now I’d like to take the time to address some of my opponent’s beliefs.

I support LGBT individuals having equal rights, as I believe they already do. I oppose actions that, under the pretense of equality, give special privileges to supposedly oppressed groups, restrict free speech, or attacks the functioning of traditional institutions. In order to discuss this issue, I’ll need my opponent to clarify a few things.

1.) Do you feel homosexuals are not suppressed groups?

2.) When you say you believe we already have equal rights, what do you mean?

3.) If you support us having equal rifts, does this include gay marriage?

I fully support the second amendment and gun rights.I’ll not attack your direct beliefs at this moment, however, I’d like to assert that while we have the right to protect ourselves, there should be a limit to the firepower our weapons have. A person does not need an AK47 to protect his home; a simple shotgun would suffice at doing that job.

I am pro life but support exceptions for rape, incest, and mother's health.It’s nice that you support exceptions. In that regard, you are miles ahead of your conservative peers. However, should it not be the woman’s choice?

I support freedom of religion. Contrary to what pro stated, I do believe that freedom of religion does include the right for protestants to be, in his view, "consevative a**holes".To clarify what I meant about conservative a**holes, I’m referring to the denial of services for homosexuals. Particularly the denial to give them marriage licenses or provide services (i.e. Bakeries, Florists, et. all) My opinion is that if you are not a church, you should cater all people. Also, I feel denying homosexuals service is a hypocritical double standard, given that people cater a plethora of other sinners. If you say you refused to cater to gay people, do not use religion as an excuse for your bigotry.

As for gender equality, I think it is largely a empty term. Men and women should have equal rights. But, the fundamental reality that men and women are not the exact same needs to be acknowledged as well. It is ridiculous to look at the fact that, for example, women and men are not exactly equally represented in every profession and assume discrimination or oppression. I’ll agree with you that men and women are different. However, gender equality addresses more than simple equality. It addresses sexism in the workplace, misconstrued stereotypes, and the wage gap between the two genders.

But, the "oppressive patriarchy" theory of gender relations is ridiculous.This is false. For far too many years, men have asserted that they are superior to women. In many cases this still happens. This is sexism at it’s finest. If you have evidence to back up your assertion, please prove me wrong. I doubt you will.

ToddsAmerica

Con

ToddsAmerica forfeited this round.
HermanGomez95

Pro

Since my opponent has failed to post arguments for this round, I'll spare any arguments I have for the next round.
ToddsAmerica

Con

ToddsAmerica forfeited this round.
HermanGomez95

Pro

My opponent has failed to post arguments. I extend any arguments made before.

ToddsAmerica

Con

ToddsAmerica forfeited this round.
HermanGomez95

Pro

My opponent has failed at honoring the debate, even though he guaranteed me he"d stay committed to it. Therefore, I urge you to vote Pro for this debate.
ToddsAmerica

Con

ToddsAmerica forfeited this round.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
That was cowardly to take a noob over a top ten debater.
Posted by ToddsAmerica 1 year ago
ToddsAmerica
I'd like to accept this debate but cannot because this account is so new
Posted by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
that's gay.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Please leave Caitlyn out of this.
Posted by Teaparty1 1 year ago
Teaparty1
I mean, we conservatives have Caitlyn Jenner on our side.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Did you know that conservatives are more manly than liberals? Unless you consider being a vegan, wearing a tampon and driving hybrids manly?
Posted by HermanGomez95 1 year ago
HermanGomez95
@Lexus my motives for allowing pro to have a final rebuttal and con to only have a closing statement is to give everyone an equal Shane at rebuttals and attacks. If you look at the round structure, I only get 4 rebuttals and con only get's 4 rebuttals. It's quite fair.
Posted by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
Round 5 is utter BS and you know it.
Posted by a_janis1 1 year ago
a_janis1
Abortion is the killing of an innocent human being. All innocent human beings have the right to life regardless of circumstance since life itself is invaluable. Thus abortion violates the right to life as specified by the Constitution, thus making abortion wrong.
Posted by chrizzle 1 year ago
chrizzle
(You know* a real conservative)
Vote Placed by 16kadams 1 year ago
16kadams
HermanGomez95ToddsAmerica
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-