Liberalism:Bad or Good?

As a conservative I would be happy to debate any liberal I come across on issues that our countries face. Good luck and please do not resort to insulting each other.

I accept the Debate

My argument will start will some of Americas most talked about issues.
1. Gun control: We the people should have to right to own firearms because, if the government is to ever become a police state then we shall have the power to fight for our freedom, against tyranny and injustice. Self defense. Think of it in this logic, if some guy breaks into your house, you wont just get a steak knife and let the cliched horror movie begin. No you would get a gun and therefore have a sufficent way to defend yourself. Statistics show that gun control simply does not work for example Detroit, Chicago, etc. While I do believe that there should be adjustments to mentally unstable and felons we should not take away the peoples only defense against tyranny.

2. Abortion. I will use simple logic. Save a tree, yet do not save a fetus? wut?

3. Capitalism by itself is not good. That leads to the exploitation of workers and the major corporations becoming the powerhouses. I believe we should incorporate capitalism and some socialist elements in order to balance each other out. Socialism works by being dependent on the government and forcibly taking from the rich and giving to the poor. I call it "forced Charity". Capitalism lets you control your own destiny without anyone stopping you.

Your move compadre

Alright let's go over some of the issues you just discussed

1. Gun Control, Alright let's say that someone breaks into your house, and they have a gun, if you don't your dead, if you do you may also be dead depending on the skills of each individual party.

It is a proven fact, that in countries that have less guns and harsher regulations, there is less violent crime

For example let us compare the violent crime per Capita of Greece and the United States

Greece has a murder rate of 1 vs 5.9 in the United states

What is something Greece has the US doesn't? strict gun laws

Greece also happens to be one of the poorest countries in Europe and has an incredibly low Unemployment rate, but crime remains low, we can only conclude that the low crime rate in Greece is a result to the low amount of guns.

Now the argument that guns are necessary for freedom is flawed as the top 4 countries in the Freedom index all have some form of gun regulation

Now let's go over Abortion, Nearly every single Abortion occurs during first Trimester of a women's pregnancy when a fetus is still arguably part of the women, it is undeveloped and can not be considered a separate entity from the Mother. And there is a link between a decreasing crime rate and Abortion.

And why do liberals want to save trees, i dunno because humans kinda need them to live? Or we can keep cutting them down because "Muh free market"

> I believe we should incorporate capitalism and some socialist elements in order to balance each other out.

That's almost literally what Liberalism is right there, I believe you are mistaking Liberalism and Socialism my friend. Liberalism is capitalism with more government regulations and a bigger focus on Social and Economic inequality.

Im tired I dont feel like debating, go get your house broken into, your wife aborted, your children married to each other idgaf

I'm gonna count this round as a forfeit for you, I hope you can think of a counter-argument by the last round

Matty715 forfeited this round.

After my main argument my opponent could not make a single counter-argument other than insulting me and forfeiting

Vote Pro
Posted by RulerOfNone 1 year ago
I find it humorous how immediately after saying no side should insult the other, the conservative insults the other side. And then another conservative comments with another juvenile insult.
Posted by robertacollier 1 year ago
LIberals are weak girly men who depend on government for their responsibility.
Vote Placed by ax123man 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con started round 2 with some basic arguments, no sources. Pro countered the first 2 and turned the 3rd against. Pro also used sources. Seems like Con gave up then. Arguments to Pro, conduct to Pro for the forfeit.