oild1gger1
BenJWasson

Liberalism is ruining America, It is unpatriotic and anti-Christian and leans more toward Muslims

BenJWasson

oild1gger1

Con

I have a lot of time to watch the news and I watch both Liberal media and Conservative media and Liberals are destroying America. They have no Patriotic values. They are for flag burning , the influx of a refugees from Syria, that cannot have a valid background check and open borders , where not only illegal immigrants can enter America, but also terrorist and drugs . They protect criminal, illegal immigrants , that kill Americans and protect Sanctuary Cities. And how can you call yourself A Christian , if you openly support abortion and the funding of Planned Parenthood, which sells , baby parts ? And I have never seen an interview with a Liberal , whom , will not avoid answering the questioned asked. Liberals are selling out America . I just wonder how Liberals can live with themselves and face the fact that they are selling out their children's future .
BenJWasson

Pro

Hey everyone, I look forward to this debate. I just wanted to mention that you're on the Con side, but I am guessing you are just Con to Liberalism and are for the resolution. So the burden of proof stays on you because you are standing for the resolution. With that in mind, good luck to my opponent! Now I will start by refuting what my opponent has said in their speech.

I am going to break their argument up into three parts - liberals being unpatriotic, liberals being against Christianity, and liberals favoring immigrants and refugees over the citizens of the United States.

First, unpatriotic. My opponent says that liberals are for things like "flag burning", yet this is completely ridiculous. My opponent doesn't even offer a source for this ludicrous claim. It even contradicts itself - one who is not willing to accept 26% of United States citizens (liberals) is certainly unpatriotic - they are unwilling to live in the same country with over a quarter of the people in it, essentially going against a huge part of the U.S. So no, liberals aren't the unpatriotic ones, you are.

Second, anti-christian. My opponent says "how can you call yourself A Christian , if you openly support abortion and the funding of Planned Parenthood", but what my opponent does not understand is that not all of the United States is Christian. See, he is assuming that everyone in the U.S. calls themselves a Christian, but who's to say that? A large percentage of this country isn't Christian! Have you heard of the separation of church and state - an incredibly large law carried out in the First Amendment of the Constitution? Just because you may be a Christian doesn't mean that everyone else has to abide by your rules. Overall, the Christianity segment of my opponent's argument was very odd and didn't make much sense, which is why this may seem like a messy rebuttal.

Third and lastly, favoring immigrants and refugees over U.S. citizens - this argument is truly absurd. My opponent says that liberals believe that "not only illegal immigrants can enter America, but also terrorist and drugs". Now what my opponent is saying is a complete generalization. Virtually nobody is for illegal immigration in reality - the difference is in how we handle the problems. People like Trump say that all Mexican immigrants are criminals and rapists, which is just xenophobia. Most people, including liberals, know that our immigration system is a mess. Also, my opponent thinks that crime is caused by immigrants and refugees, but in reality, this crime happens because of loose gun laws - you know, that tiny thing in Orlando that happened about a week ago? Where around 50 people were killed, around 50 more people were injured? That was caused by a United States citizen with easy access to firearms - clearly a fault of the lack of strict gun laws we have now (caused by conservatives, ironic. All immigrants have to offer is economic benefit, the statistics are very widespread by now.

That's all for me.
oild1gger1

Con

oild1gger1 forfeited this round.
BenJWasson

Pro

My opponent has forfeited, extend all of my refutations. Vote Con!
oild1gger1

Con

oild1gger1 forfeited this round.
BenJWasson

Pro

I have clearly refuted all of my opponent's arguments, mine still stand, and he has forfeited twice. Vote Con!
Posted by BenJWasson 8 months ago
BenJWasson
It's pretty commonly known that a huge cause of gun death is the absence of laws, if you want a specific piece of evidence I can provide one
Posted by ForGrowthOfMind 8 months ago
ForGrowthOfMind
Firstly I want to say I have no bias towards either debater. Howvere, I am m curious about your round 1 post BenJWasson. You claim the opponent has little credibility to a claim they made based on having no source, but I am curious about your claim that loose gun laws are the cause of crime? Do you have a source to back this claim or is it just speculation.
Vote Placed by Amedexyius 7 months ago
Amedexyius
oild1gger1BenJWassonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con started the argument on the wrong side, according to the title topic. Pro acknowledged this. Con made multiple statements that could have easily been refuted by Pro, and was refuted by Pro. Pro made multiple counter-arguments to Con and would have been more effective if backed by sources yet pointed out the radicalism claims made without foundation of truth. Therefore, logically, Pro deserves the points of arguments and conduct.
Vote Placed by ForGrowthOfMind 8 months ago
ForGrowthOfMind
oild1gger1BenJWassonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made many large claims about liberals, but then refused to provide evidence for them. They also did not rebuttal Pros counter arguments at all.