JonathanDJ
eyeballsac

Liberalism is stupid.

JonathanDJ

JonathanDJ

Pro

This is a spin off of an opinion/poll argument that's been going. I thought it might be invigorating to take this on in a more in depth way.
eyeballsac

Con

I'll accept your debate. I am eager to see your reasons as to why liberalism is stupid.
JonathanDJ

Pro

Liberalism (which is to say the ideas) is stupid for the following reasons:

Confiscatory taxation. Barack Obama's now infamous "They must pay their fair share" bull crap is a prime example. The top 5% of our country pays 50% of all income tax.

Office of Tax Analysis states:
"In 2002 the latest year of available data, the top 5 percent of taxpayers paid more than one-half (53.8 percent) of all individual income taxes,..."
http://usgovinfo.about.com...

This sort of policy discourages the wealthy from making more money. Going into a higher income bracket will be very costly. They would make more money by expanding their business.

Attacking or lying about the success of Supply Side Economics.
Four presidents implemented it and it was successful all four times. Calvin Coolidge brought about the extremely prosperous 20's. The depression was caused by the collapse of the banks and the refusal of the Fed to replace the currency that was lost. It was not Calvin Coolidge's tax cuts. JFK did and it brought about great prosperity in the 1960's. He spoke of it in his now famous "A rising tide lifts all boats" speech. Ronald Wilson Reagan did it and brought us out of a horrible recession of the 1970's that lasted into the early 80's. We experienced great prosperity in the middle and late 80's. Finally Clinton would have caused a disaster with tax hikes and socialized medicine in the early 90's but the republicans took control in 94 and Clinton was stopped cold. The following prosperity was caused by Intel, Microsoft, Lucient Technologies, etc. NOT BY CLINTON. In 1998 our economy began to slip into a pattern showing a direction toward recession. This showed in 1999 as well. The administration then sued Microsoft for anti-trust violations. This made things worse. Nasdaq collapsed. George W. Bush took office. Then 911 hit. That should have sunk us into a recession right then and there. One thing saved us. George W. insisted on a large across the board tax cut. This heated up the economy and saved our necks. Ultimately what killed us was the collapse of Fannie May and Freddie Mac. John McCain in 2004 began sounding the alarm about this. The administration joined him in 2006. They were ignored. These two programs were superintended by two liberal democrats: Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd. What helped crash them was liberal social engineering. Bill Clinton told the Banks through the "Community Reinvestment Act" that the bank couldn't turn down the people it used to. So it was stuck taking on bad credit risks but was told that Fannie May and Freddie Mac would take care of them and not to worry. So a bunch of bad debt built up.

I have more, but I'll wait.
eyeballsac

Con

eyeballsac forfeited this round.
JonathanDJ

Pro

I'd like to look at foreign policy for a moment. Liberals have demonstrated various habits ranging from appeasement to treason. We've heard the nonsense before. Liberals crying out against fascism. But the truth is that Liberals had a regular love affair with Mussolini. (1) " FDR adviser Rexford Guy Tugwell said of Italian fascism: "It's the cleanest, neatest, most efficiently operating piece of social machinery I've ever seen. It makes me envious." It's only after the world experiences the nightmare of WW2 that Liberals began to decry fascism until now a days you would think they had always been fascism's greatest opponents. When you mix this with Chamberlain's policy of appeasement toward Hitler we see a passive stance that allowed the Nazi's to take over Europe and murder 6 million Jews 3 million Poles starve 19 million Russians etc. That was dumb. Meanwhile conservatives like Churchill had been warning the world about (2) Hitler and before that about the Communists.
"The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to its close. In its place we are entering a period of consequences." ~Winston Churchill Speech in the House of Commons, November 12, 1936 "Debate on the Address", criticizing the Government of Stanley Baldwin for its conciliatory stance toward Hitler.
" From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic an iron curtain has descended across the Continent." Churchill was a member of the British Conservative Party.
Alger Hiss and the Rosenbergs have been viewed as martyrs and poor victims for years by Liberals. In the Venona documents people like Hiss and the Rosenbergs were exposed as the spies they were. http://law2.umkc.edu... / http://www.nsa.gov...
We spent the next 40 years living with a Soviet Nuclear gun to our heads because of these traitors. These people who were liberals and who were supported by liberals. DUMB. Liberals have an uncanny ability to be wrong about just about everything.
eyeballsac

Con

eyeballsac forfeited this round.
JonathanDJ

Pro

JonathanDJ forfeited this round.
eyeballsac

Con

eyeballsac forfeited this round.
Posted by ChrisF 3 years ago
ChrisF
Is this even a debate? You can't really prove that it is or isn't stupid...

Also, the fact that the topic is "Liberalism is stupid" kind of proves that this isn't really a debate...
Posted by JonathanDJ 3 years ago
JonathanDJ
BTW, it is the skill of a 4 year old to create composite words to make them into insults. Watch better TV.
Posted by JonathanDJ 3 years ago
JonathanDJ
You know, why a man apologizes for being off his game. He shows he's a man. When someone else takes it as an opportunity to further insult that person, he shows he's beneath that man. I feel sorry for you.
Posted by InVinoVeritas 3 years ago
InVinoVeritas
"I don't do well in these back and forth settings."

He does well when he speaks over people. True Santorumtard.
Posted by JonathanDJ 3 years ago
JonathanDJ
Sorry to all of you for my hostile attitude. I don't do well in these back and forth settings. I think I'll try to stick to the main debate.
Posted by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
"OtakuJordan< hey stupid, this debate is called this because there is another opinion poll debate going by the name Are Liberals Stupid?. I said that's what I was going off of in my OP. DUH! Before you criticize read the f*cking intro."

All that means is that whoever made the opinion poll is also immature.

"Those of you that don't think I'm posting fast enough you can leave. I have a life of my own and I'll post when I damn well please."

The man has a point.
Posted by JonathanDJ 3 years ago
JonathanDJ
Those of you that don't think I'm posting fast enough you can leave. I have a life of my own and I'll post when I damn well please.
Posted by JonathanDJ 3 years ago
JonathanDJ
OtakuJordan< hey stupid, this debate is called this because there is another opinion poll debate going by the name Are Liberals Stupid?. I said that's what I was going off of in my OP. DUH! Before you criticize read the f*cking intro.
Posted by JonathanDJ 3 years ago
JonathanDJ
Well... Actually unlike you libs I actually gave reasons for what I said rather than just name calling.
Posted by InVinoVeritas 3 years ago
InVinoVeritas
"There are a few dumb @ss liberals here already."

Actually, I consider myself a libertarian conservative... I'm pretty far from being a liberal.

....Anyway, who's ready to place bets about whether or not the Santorum-tard posts his first argument!?
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
JonathanDJeyeballsacTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had arguments and forfeited less.
Vote Placed by Beverlee 3 years ago
Beverlee
JonathanDJeyeballsacTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a full forfeiture by Con. Pro put out arguments, sources and only forfeited once.