Arganger
What50

Liberals are no less ableist than conservatives,

What50 has forfeited round #3.

Arganger

Pro

I will allow you the first word.
What50

Con

As con I have to disprove your arguments. As we know the Burden of Proof is on Pro. I would love to see pro provide definition for ableist. As such I accept this debate.
Arganger

Pro

Your definition, Ableism is discrimination and social prejudice against people with disabilities. Ableism characterizes persons as inferior to the non-disabled.

My first argument will use the zika scare. Democrats far and wide were calling for access to abortion out of fear of conditions such as microcephaly. Viewing any of disabled individuals as easy candidates for death is a basic example of, "Ableism characterizes persons as inferior to the non-disabled." This also plays into the high abortion rates for people with down syndrome, not to mention doctors in the US are required to suggest abortion and in the UK, abortion is allowed to birth for people with downs and other conditions.
What50

Con

"My first argument will use the zika scare. Democrats far and wide were calling for access to abortion out of fear of conditions such as microcephaly. Viewing any of disabled individuals as easy candidates for death is a basic example of, "Ableism characterizes persons as inferior to the non-disabled." This also plays into the high abortion rates for people with down syndrome, not to mention doctors in the US are required to suggest abortion and in the UK, abortion is allowed to birth for people with downs and other conditions."

The main problem with Pro's argument is that even though he is saying that Democrats are ableist. The proposition is Liberals are no less ableist as conservatives. Thus he hasn't prove his proposition what so ever.

My argument is that the use of abortion is not ableism if the fetus is not considered alive and thus is not a human. A fetus can not live outside the womb in under 22 weeks. If the doctors caught that the baby through Screening test or Diagnostic test and perform an abortion than the baby is technically not a human, and thus the Ableism for abortion is false if they're not human or alive.

http://www.webmd.com...
https://www.babycenter.com...
Arganger

Pro

I won't get into whether an unborn child is human/alive or not, and luckily it is unnecessary to anyway.

Aborting specifically because a fetus will be disabled is out of the idea that the life will be worse, or is less important than that of a non disabled unborn. That clearly crosses, " Ableism characterizes persons as inferior to the non-disabled", These sort of abortions, particularly seeing as many countries including the UK allow abortion for disabled unborn past the date that non disabled unborn can be aborted, boarder on eugenics.

Considering to the extent Iceland has managed this,The law in Iceland permits abortion after 16 weeks if the fetus has a deformity and has a near 100% termination rate, and how close most other developed countries are getting, disabled people everywhere fear this attitude- many of us would not be alive if more people bought into it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new argument to be added would be common liberal opposition to school reform including school choice. School choice allows individuals to choose to go to one of many schools, not being held back by area. This includes a variety of charter schools, private schools, and public schools.

The common liberal opposition to school choice causes disabled students who are not being given enough support, or learn differently than the way a public school can teach to be boxed into that situation and not improve. That includes if a school has a history of not really teaching special ed students, or isn't giving appropriate accommodation (And won't, this actually happens a lot, it's illegal but schools don't care and families don't have proof.)

School choice allows both non-disabled and disabled to get the best education that will work for them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here will be my last argument, liberal insults and labels.

Referring to the ideas of:

Homophobia
Transphobia
Islamophobia
negrophobia

A phobia is a mental illness defined as an exaggerated usually inexplicable and illogical fear of a particular object, class of objects, or situation. These types of labels are an insult to anyone who truly deals with a disabling phobia by turning it into a simple insult to use toward those they deem hateful.
Posted by Arganger 4 months ago
Arganger
Sluring, is truly not necessary. If I was born a few decades back I would be considered literally mildly retarded.
Posted by Masterful 4 months ago
Masterful
The fact that the overwhelming majority of Liberals are retarded, is non-disputable.
Posted by Arganger 4 months ago
Arganger
Ableism is discrimination and social prejudice against people with disabilities. Ableism characterizes persons as inferior to the non-disabled.

That is what I mean by ableist, it is like racist, but toward the disabled.
Posted by dsjpk5 4 months ago
dsjpk5
Did you mean "atheist"?
Posted by DrCereal 4 months ago
DrCereal
Ablest in what?
Clarify.