Arganger
Debating_Horse

Liberals are no less ablest than conservatives,

Arganger

Pro

I will allow you the first word.
Debating_Horse

Con

"Liberals are no less ablest than conservatives"

I disagree. With the ideas that most liberals have, I see them as less intelligent. Most of them support Hillary, Islam, Muslim Refugees, Black Lives Matter, Open Borders, and many other absurd things. From my research, and observations, I've seen liberals to be a very stupid group of people. In arguments, very few of them use logic and they dismiss facts, many of them are against gun rights, and pro-abortion. How many Intelligent liberals are? Very few.

Many liberals are against the United States, they can burn American flags, and insult veterans. "There are many of them who are also against free speech. proof comes from the high priests of the Left – the editorial board of The New York Times. What set them off and displayed their complete lack of intelligence and good sense was their editorial attacking former President Obama for taking a $400,000 speaking fee from Cantor Fitzgerald." Excerpt of article from:

https://townhall.com...

Liberals like to use "identity politics" and those that disagree with them or their ideas can be seen as an "Nazi, White Supremacist, Fascist (if an person were to voice their support for Trump)". They also like to use luring and fake facts to verify many of their ridiculous assertions. Many liberals also support Islam, a barbaric religion that originated in the middle east, and open borders (No border, mass waves of illegal immigrants to flow into the United States).

“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded.” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter
Excerpt from article http://www.wnd.com...
"They [liberals] are like spoiled, angry children. They are rebellious against the normal responsibilities of an adult and demand that the government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

In the article, more examples is given:
Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by: "creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization, satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation, augmenting primitive feelings of envy, and rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government."

Arganger

Pro

Though this argument is because of a misspelling, I will argue on my misspelling.

Though many liberals exhibit cognitive dissonance, so do many republicans though not always to the extent. Liberals have a heart they just don't always think to back it up with their head, for instance wanting everyone to have medical care yet failing to recognize it's constant failing.

I am not republican or liberal and I have views of both, so out of your pre-mentioned I will state what I agree with and why.

Muslim Refugees. Refugees are people that are fleeing almost certain death Muslim or not, if we show them kindness even the few unknown extremes are able to change, To explain this I will tell you a story from an Egyptian missionary that goes to our church. He was working out in the middle east in a camp that was to protect citizens from danger in the middle east and they had some wives there of members of ISIS. Three men belonging to ISIS came back to check on their families and found them so well taken care of that right then they quit ISIS and converted to Christianity. Most terrorists claiming alliance to ISIS are from the country the attack happens in anyway, so why leave people to dye out of nothing but fear causing more people to distrust or even hate westerners,

Actually of those that was all I agreed with.

As someone who spends her life arguing on the internet and is nether right nor left, common simple etiquette is often lost on both sides, as both are often stuck in their ways.

I actually know veterans that are liberals, and I've learned the more... Not thought through of them... Are always the loud ones.

According to http://www.people-press.org..., "Most scientists identify as Democrats (55%), while 32% identify as independents and just 6% say they are Republicans. When the leanings of independents are considered, fully 81% identify as Democrats or lean to the Democratic Party, compared with 12% who either identify as Republicans or lean toward the GOP."

So even if unwise, they cannot be that stupid.
Debating_Horse

Con

"Muslim Refugees. Refugees are people that are fleeing almost certain death Muslim or not, if we show them kindness even the few unknown extremes are able to change"

The problem is the refugees and Islam. The liberals must seem to want the refugees, yet they are not aware of the kind of people being brought in. The refugees are coming in from countries where terrorism is high. Let's remember that the perpetrators of the bombings and other attacks in European countries (2015-present) were done by Muslim refugees.

Many of the refugees also sympathize with ISIS and othet terrorist groups. Carrying "ISIS" flags, and preaching violence against people of other religions, like the well known incident where Muslims attack Christians at a celebration in France. Here: https://www.youtube.com...
And two articles: https://www.jihadwatch.org...
http://www.bbc.com...

And as for that story, what does that have to do with the main argument?
it is like liberals do not have any common sense. They do not think before they make an action.
They resort to race baiting, insults, assault (few occasions) and many other ridiculous methods, in the attempt to prove their assertions. And yet they support many idiotic organizations, ideologies, or even groups of people.

Your Turn.
Arganger

Pro

The fear of a terrorist attack from Muslim refugees is somewhat irrationally placed, only 20 out of 3.25 million refugees in general have attempted terrorism, with only three deaths (The deaths are from Cuban refugees). Very very few terrorists are refugees, in fact a terrorist is much more likely to be born in the area of the attack.

With only three deaths at all from refugees so far on us soil, and that the us alone kills an estimated twelve civilians a day since Donald trump has come into office, I would say to simply remember that people are fleeing for a reason. Letting in Muslim refugees prevents far more deaths than the risk of more death.

I will say as someone who's father was killed by a terrorist even, that it makes little sense to sentence people to death by locking them in their country. Not to say that your fears in letting in refugees have no stance at all, they are coming from a very much so different culture and some with gladly take the worst of that with them, but your fears are grossly over stated. I will post links to support this at the end of the debate.

My story is important to show how many extremists, when their bias is threatened, can change. But that cannot happen if we are too scared to try. Even terrorists are still people and therefore capable of both change and morality. but back on to the rest of the argument so we don't get to of topic.

Many liberals are lacking in logical thought, but the same can be said for many conservatives. Same with insults and assault, though race baiting is rare with conservatives. Or have you forgotten charlottesville?

You didn't say anything to support, "it is like liberals do not have any common sense. They do not think before they make an action.
They resort to race baiting, insults, assault (few occasions) and many other ridiculous methods, in the attempt to prove their assertions. And yet they support many idiotic organizations, ideologies, or even groups of people" that is simply a gross over generalization as far as I see.

I look forward to seeing how people will vote.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologize for not using the most reliable sources, but you can look into it yourself and as this isn't major to the argument this will do.

https://www.theatlantic.com...
http://www.thedailybeast.com...
Debating_Horse

Con

"Even terrorists are still people and therefore capable of both change and morality."

False. Terrorists can be given chances? Are they not threats to society? Utterly ridiculous. See this is why I see Liberals as less intelligent that conservatives,
So are child molesters to be given chances or prison time?

"I look forward to seeing how people will vote." Yes, liberals especially. Many liberals lack logic and rational thought, if asked to provide examples of why liberals are no less intelligent than conservatives, then results may be difficult to find. From personal experience, I have not met one single intelligent liberal.

Liberals just cannot be reasoned with, you cannot agree with them, they cannot agree with you, I am waiting to see a change in that behavior, now I may seem wrong, but I cannot contradict myself, I just have not seen evidence of "Liberals are no less ablest than conservatives" being true. Maybe I am making a stereotype of the group, maybe they [liberals] should stop calling all Trump Supporters "racists", but are liberals no less ablest than consevatives? I disagree. I have not seen a change, and I would say they can all behave the same, but I just cannot see that statement to be true.

Now let me share this excerpt: "Liberals often support the
censorship and denial of biblical Christianity" http://www.conservapedia.com...
Now I will share a cut-short list of what liberals support (taken from the same website):
"Liberals support the following political positions and practices"
limitation of free speech
Murder (through abortion, infanticide, assisted suicide, and euthanasia)
•Socialism
•Gun control
•Denial of conservative roles in history
•Bigotry
•Support for open borders with no border controls or border walls

From the list, you can see why many people see liberals are less intelligent.

FIN.
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 months ago
Debating_Horse
Also I will take follow your advice! Ha! Why be in identity politics! Not a topic for me to discuss or debate about! :)
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 months ago
Debating_Horse
Mmmm, not yet, I will give you the notification for when I would have much freetime in a week to have an debate. Just be patient. :)
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 months ago
Debating_Horse
Posted by DrCereal 3 months ago
DrCereal
@Debating_Horse
Also, are you up for debate now that these two are finished?
Posted by DrCereal 3 months ago
DrCereal
@Debating_Horse
I was incorrect in making my statement if you (and Conservapedia) were referring to the definition of liberal being, "Someone willing to throw away traditional values." My apologies for the misunderstanding; I was thinking of a different definition.

Also -- as advice from a friend, try to avoid identity politics. Everything involved in identity politics is petty and superficial. Don't waste your time with garbage.
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 months ago
Debating_Horse
@DrCereal You're kidding. There are various sources listed below, just visit them and you may get a second view at what you are looking at.
Posted by DrCereal 3 months ago
DrCereal
@Debating_Horse
It appears that conservapedia lacks an understanding of what a liberal is.
Posted by Arganger 3 months ago
Arganger
Please don't forget to post the last argument there is only eight hours left.
Posted by Arganger 4 months ago
Arganger
Okay, I was starting to get a tad worried.
Posted by Debating_Horse 4 months ago
Debating_Horse
Not forfeiting, just preparing my second post.