Capitalistslave
duiven

Libertarian Socialism

Capitalistslave

Capitalistslave

Pro

Rules:
1) No ad hominem, personal attacks, insults
2) All of the rounds minus one should be used for argument, in order to keep the number of rounds used for argument even between us.
If either of the above rules are violated, voters should award the point for conduct to the other person who did not violate them or who did so to a lesser degree.

Definition:
Libertarian Socialism: "a group of anti-authoritarian political philosophies inside the socialist movement that rejects socialism as centralized state ownership and control of the economy, as well as the state itself. It criticizes wage labour relationships within the workplace. Instead, it emphasizes workers' self-management of the workplaceand decentralized structures of political organization. It asserts that a society based on freedom and justice can be achieved through abolishing authoritarian institutions that control certain means of production and subordinate the majority to an owning class or political and economic elite. "[1]
While this is a long definition, it is a complete one.

If my opponent objects to any of the above rules or the definition, say so in comments before accepting the debate. Otherwise, it will be assumed you accept these. We will then work out new rules and/or a definition.

Source:
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org...
duiven

Con

u brot up sum vry good point mch thnk but ur gay so ur opninon in not vallidid
Capitalistslave

Pro

It seems I may have gotten a troll. I would ask con to re-think their approach and offer actual arguments in the next round.

I also would like to point out that con is using baseless insults, and should be penalized by voters by voting for me for the point in conduct. I clearly stated in the first round "no ad hominem, personal attacks, insults".

Now, moving onto my argument, I will keep it short since I suspect this is going to be a waste of my time since my opponent so far is not taking this seriously.

Socialism is ideal because it is the democratic control of the means of production. If you hold democracy as a value, then it would make sense to support socialism. The common economic system we have today is capitalism, and under it you have business owners who get to make decisions about the employees without the employees having a say in it whatsoever. This is tyranny. An alternative to this, would be the cooperative ownership of the means of production. Worker cooperatives are democratic businesses owned by the workers. They basically are a business that is democratic and upholds our democratic ideals.

Now, why libertarianism? The libertarian aspect of libertarian socialism is important because because libertarianism upholds the golden rule. You wouldn't like it if people forced their views on you, so why should you get to force your views on other people? Above all else, all of our rights should be protected, and in authoritarianism(the opposite of libertarianism) things are forced on people against their will. The state should not be trusted with too much power and authority, otherwise you start imposing your own view on other people through the state, which is wrong.

I will turn this over to my opponent.
duiven

Con

u fukcng wot m8
Capitalistslave

Pro

Well, I see my opponent isn't taking this debate seriously... so I'll just write whatever in the rest of the rounds just to complete this debate as soon as possible. It should be obvious to voters who won this debate since con didn't offer any arguments whatsoever.
duiven

Con

bt is relly that obvius???? i haev vry gud argment u dont
Capitalistslave

Pro

Yep, they're still not taking this seriously. What a surprise.

I'd like to point out that in the first round you said I brought up some very good points, and now you're saying I didn't have a good argument. You're contradicting yourself.
duiven

Con

peace out m8
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
Hayd: Just arguing in favor of Libertarian socialism. I don't see why a specific resolution is needed. I just argue why libertarian socialism would be better as an economic system.
Posted by Hayd 1 year ago
Hayd
What is the resolution
Vote Placed by Cat47 1 year ago
Cat47
CapitalistslaveduivenTied
Reasons for voting decision: All of con's "arguments" consisted of horribly spelled insults.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
CapitalistslaveduivenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was the only one who made an argument, so arguments to Pro by default. Con's comments were very hard to understand since he used text lingo, so s and g to Pro.
Vote Placed by Hayd 1 year ago
Hayd
CapitalistslaveduivenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made no arguments but only insults