A_Flying_Toaster
mr1234sharingan

Liberty And Justice For All

A_Flying_Toaster

Pro

You know, in the time that I have been on this website and on the Internet I have seen a large amount of arguments for and against things like homosexuality for instance. While studying history I have heard debates as to why it is wrong to inter-racially marry, those kind of social policy arguments. And frankly, I just don't get it. Get what you ask? Well let me tell you. I don't get why people care about issues like interracial or homosexual rights.

Why must it be the care of the world, that has so much more issues then it can probably handle alone, as to what everyday people like you and me like or dislike? What we find loving and not loving? Why do people care about things like that? Why do people care about issues like homosexuality and inter-racialism when we are dealing with problems like how bad the American Economy is for example. Or how bad the education system is in America. Or take a look at the eastern world where unspeakable things still terribly happen over there. Before I continue by the way, I am elaborating that I am pointing fingers at the people who denounce homosexuality or inter-racialism or both. Because in my eyes, homosexuality is a common sense thing, as is inter-racial couples.

And all I am asking is why? Why do people care about denying other people liberty and justice for all when there is already SO much more problems in the world? And people are just gonna sit here and inactively add on more? By both their inaction and their irrational pointless arguing? And I may be mainly pointing my fingers at the people who disagree with the two things I am focusing on, but bear in mind, I'm basically criticizing everybody here, including me. Because 'I' have made entire arguments for homosexuality as well oblivious to what is actually going on that are REAL threats. So basically I am asking this debate to someone: Why should we care about meaningless things like how people choose to love other people when there is so much wrong in the world?

And I am willing to take anyone on in the matter. For or against homosexuality. It doesn't matter.
mr1234sharingan

Con

first of all secularism is absolutely necessary to establish a democratic civil society, because government should be the role model in displaying good morality and respect for people of different believes which only possible if politics distances itself from religion a perfect example of that is obama( marriage equality), john f. kennedy(religion should not interfere with politics and also he's also a religious christian) and david cameron( "im not directly align.........with religion") from uk and afcourse people REALLY CARE ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY BECAUSE IT THEY FIND IT OFFENSIVE TO THEIR BELIEVES LIKE TED HAGARD AND SOME OTHER CRAZY AMERICAN CHRISTIANS AND SOME OTHER LUNATICS who care clearly don't understand the separation of church and state, so in the end it is still a big issue.. we all want liberty and justice but lunatics just happens to misinterpret it , so anything that the government tries to induce that conflicts with people's personal believes becomes unconstitutional but from how i remembered correctly on the passage of "land of the free" or whatever was that about america---"you have your standards, i have mine and i don't my standards to be enforce to others nor others enforce it to me" and people just don't respect that. So whether you like or not homosexuality, religious freedom or any other related issues are a big deal because if people would stay silent about this issues, Lunatics from the government would do something to violate to people's civil rights and discrimination will only get worst
A_Flying_Toaster

Pro

After reading my opponents argument I am overall left confused at what was said to me except for the last sentence. Since that is the only point that seems to make any sense and is relevant in my eyes, I am going to merely confront that one point head on.

"So whether you like 'it' or not homosexuality, religious freedom or any other related issues are a big deal because if people would stay silent about "this" issues, Lunatics from the government would do something to violate people's civil rights and discrimination will only get worse."

You see, how do you know that? How do you know the government would care? What evidence do you have that backs you up on that claim? And I am not saying go quiet on those issues, those issues cannot be denied their importance but what I am saying is that there are far greater problems out there then what people do in the privacy of their own homes. And people should focus less on that, and more on the problems that effect everyone more harshly. Again I will ask, why care so fondly for debates such as that when there is so much more that we need to deal with?
mr1234sharingan

Con

how do you know when the separation of church and state is still being respected!? isn't the us government is favoring the religion christianity a bit too much which cause some anti-christ organizations or other non-christian americans to retaliate, so there is definitely a discrimination there and these are the few samples of that ; https://www.youtube.com... , https://www.youtube.com... , & https://www.youtube.com...
A_Flying_Toaster

Pro

Yes, I fully acknowledge there is heavy discrimination everywhere in the united states. It is terrible, but not many are being killed over it. Or raped over it. Or having their genitals mutilated over it. Or being forced to do terrible things. Sexual slavery, violence all around the world. And that in comparison is better? No, we should focus on the bigger issues first. Then go down the list from hardest to easiest. Most complicated to least complicated. Most important to least.
mr1234sharingan

Con

the most important law ever made by the us government was the separation of church and state, second the british independence because those people's government system haven't move on from 17th-century which gave birth to countless british atheist(at least they have more atheist than america), and third the national governments should be more focus on sociology than theology afcourse this will enrage religious organizations like giving you the bull**** arguments like; "hey pegans, where do you get your morality?" and the government failure to separate themselves from this issues causes inequality which leads to civil wars and a perfect example of that is the bangsamoro war in the Philippines, the so proud secular government is shoving their christian believes on the muslim people afcourse you will not hear this national embarrassment on the media and afcourse its people right to know what caused the war nor being done in their name, but they didn't know until foreign medias and broadcasting news teams of other countries started interfering ... so where's the liberty and equality there? so basically you can call it an obvious secret if you like
Posted by Chris_Likes_Freedom 3 years ago
Chris_Likes_Freedom
I agree with what toaster is saying. People have always been this way and I think that it would be great for us to be the first people in history, besides the greeks and romans, to actually be so accepting of certain people. Hopefully the narrow minded people won't burn the library of alexandria again and put us back 1,500 years.
Posted by A_Flying_Toaster 3 years ago
A_Flying_Toaster
It could go into a lot of those things but that is why whenever I make debates I am prepared to go as deep and thorough as I need to go. And those aren't answers by the way. That was just telling how far I'd need to go and I responded I am fully willing. And I am on spring break. I have a lot of time.
Posted by jrrjacques 3 years ago
jrrjacques
I understand your question but this would go into history, theology, religion, philosophy, even international trade and internal culture. Though from what you have said so far I get the impression that you don't really care for those being legitimate answers. And I don't have time to take you up on this debate due to real world school work. I just get on here for the most part to see what the public thinks.