LifeMeansGodIsGood
Kaynex

Life Means God is Good

LifeMeansGodIsGood

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

I accept the BOP in this debate, and will probably lose because most people will not concede to the fact that God is good. Most people will say God is not good because He does not give them what they want.......but the truth is, God does give everybody what they want. People tend to want the wrong things. The first thing we need is to be saved from dying. God is trying to save everybody, but most people want the wrong things so God lets them have it and that is not good.......but God is good.

Kaynex

Con

Hello LifeMeansGodIsGood! Thank you for posting this debate, I am interested in the topic.

One thing I am confused about is the definitions. How can you possibly know if god is being good to you within a specific instance, and it's not just a case of luck?
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

How old are you? The only word I have used so far which may be above the third grade level of understanding is "concede", and I can understand if you need a dictionary to get the meaning of that word. If any of the other words I have used are unclear for you in their meanings, I have to say you probably do not have enough understanding of the English language to be qualifed for this debate. I only speak English and do not use words I do not understand. I hope this clears up your concerns about definitions. If not, I suggest you use a dictionary for words you do not understand.

The debate here is Pro : Life means God is Good vx. Con: Life does not mean God is good, or Life means God is not good.
The debet is not "God is being good to you". You may be experiencing very difficult and troubling things, and you may attribute this to good luck or bad luck, or to God or to the devil. It does not matter what you are experiening. God is still good, and life means God is good.
Kaynex

Con

Kaynex forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

argument extended
Kaynex

Con

Kaynex forfeited this round.
Posted by Kaynex 2 years ago
Kaynex
Oop, life got in the way during this debate, I apologize for my disappearing act.

Anyway, yes, you provided a definition of every word you used, good job, but obviously not my question. Again, I'll restate it, how do you know that something good directly equates to "god being good", or something good may not have anything to do with god at all?

I should probably point out my position; I am an atheist. However for this debate, I am suggesting that god does not guide every "good" action, and thus, we can't know that life means god is good.
Posted by Figeon 2 years ago
Figeon
Why do you always have to bash the other player in your debates Pro? It is disrespectful.
Posted by dhardage 2 years ago
dhardage
I don't think you can prove your thesis empirically ore even logically but I'll be interested to watch.
Vote Placed by jh1234lnew 1 year ago
jh1234lnew
LifeMeansGodIsGoodKaynexTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con has not provided any arguments due to forfeiture. Also, con misinterpreted the debate's topic, arguing for something irrelevant.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
LifeMeansGodIsGoodKaynexTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
LifeMeansGodIsGoodKaynexTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff several times