gaelleakl
hldemi

Life after death

hldemi

gaelleakl

Pro

In my opinion life on earth isn't just it. There's a whole world out there waiting for each one of us. Life on earth is just an experience that God has given us to freely decide whether we want to spend a lifetime after death with him or not. If there's no life after death, then what's the point of living it? Everything's going to vanish away sooner or later, each one of us is gonna end up all alone. That's why I truly believe that money, houses, being popular, poor, what car you have, work, the school you attend.. nothing really matters. It's just a test that let us discover ourselves, clear our minds. Even if I'm wrong, even if there was nothing after death, at least I held belief and hope throughout life. I had something to look up for!!
hldemi

Con

We have no basis to conclude that there is life after death. As far as we know consciousness is depended on physical brain. No brain no consciousness.

There is no inherent purpose or meaning. We give our lives meaning and purpose.

Thanks for debate and good luck.
gaelleakl

Pro

gaelleakl forfeited this round.
hldemi

Con

Pro said : "Even if I'm wrong, even if there was nothing after death, at least I held belief and hope throughout life. I had something to look up for!!"

Beliefs are our internal assumptions about the world and
they lay the foundation for everything we do and say. This particular belief will make your life very different. You will concentrate on fulfilling your duties for afterlife ( being a religious and devoting your life to God ) and this life will be less valuable to you since its only transitional phase. This is in fact very wrong belief to be had.

Not to mention that we got no rational reason to believe it is true.

gaelleakl

Pro

gaelleakl forfeited this round.
hldemi

Con

If there's no life after death, then what's the point of living it? Everything's going to vanish away sooner or later, each one of us is gonna end up all alone."

If there is no point in anything that ends then why do anything. Why go see a movie if it ends. Maybe because it is fun. This life is only ride we got (as far as we know ) so lets make sure we live it full of happiness and fulfillment.

This debate was set to be 5 minutes per argument. I didn't know that when I accepted. So sorry if it wasn't as good as you expected.

Thanks Pro for interesting debate. And sorry for noob snipe. I wasnt aiming for that.
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
From the moment you're born your life has no purpose, and it's up to you to change that. You are not automaticly given a purpose and a reason to live. You have to make that for yourself
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
Thanks for the vote SNP1. I owe you one FF vote.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
I wasnt aware of those 5 minutes rule. I just thought it is gonna be interesting. Wasnt going for the sniping. Also this is classic FF so who cares. At least it was quick waste of time.
Posted by SNP1 1 year ago
SNP1
Ya, which is why I was considering cheating by making my first round before accepting it (giving me a lot more time).
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
He put it 5 minutes per round ... this is quite exhausting considering that there is dinner on my table waiting to be eaten.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
Im also a noob
Posted by SNP1 1 year ago
SNP1
hldemi, why the n00b snipe? I was considering taking it, but didn't want to seem like a n00b sniper.
Vote Placed by joetheripper117 1 year ago
joetheripper117
gaelleaklhldemiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to meet his burden of proof, and forfeited several rounds.
Vote Placed by TheJuniorVarsityNovice 1 year ago
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
gaelleaklhldemiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro appeals to hope and a purpose in life yet none of these are actual evidence for the existence of an afterlife. Con rightly points this out. condo for ff
Vote Placed by SNP1 1 year ago
SNP1
gaelleaklhldemiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FFed and Con's arguments went without rebuttals (while he did rebut Pro's arguments without conter-rebuttals being made).