Im_Intelligent
ewsbsk

Life can arise from chemical processes and does NOT require creationism

ewsbsk has forfeited round #2.

Im_Intelligent

Pro

My argument is simple.

Processes such as those found in organic chemistry and abiogenisis can explain how living things came from non living things without the need of intelligent design or creationism.

Try and prove otherwise C:

> please give valid attempts to disprove my claims instead of repeating stuff about the bible, this is a debate about life not needing a creator, not a debate whether or not Jesus exists -_- Thank you.
ewsbsk

Con

I will be arguing on the side that creationism is a viable explanation for the existence of the universe and life itself. I would also like to point out that creationism does not require the restrictive thought that there are only thousands of years in existence. In fact, evolution and this abiogenesis can very well be included into the view of creationism. Since these fit in to creationism they cannot disprove it, and therefore do not progress your argument against creationism. I will go into this in the second round, but I would only like to introduce myself and my argument for now. I would like to encourage everyone who reads these arguments to keep an open mind and vote after reading all of them, and then if you have changed your perspective to my side to talk to me if you have any questions. I may not be able to answer them all, but I will try. I will attempt to make arguments for all of creationism, however, many of my arguments will be based on Christian beliefs and scripture. I will not try to convince any reader about the existence of Jesus unless they personally ask me, or my opponent does later on. I will not be repeating the typical ideas about the Bible, but do not expect me not to use it, as I will need to do so in certain situations. Also, I would like for my opponent and readers not to dismiss any arguments I make unless actually proven wrong. I do not intend to use this debate to prove my own ability or for my own pride, but instead to inform others and let them decide for themselves.

With all this said, I intend to have a calm debate and would prefer that the comments remain constructive to the debate. Thank you.
Im_Intelligent

Pro

Well im glad to be able to have a debate with someone on this topic without them always going to "the bible says, therefor it is"

You state that evolution and abiogenisis can work in the view of creationism, i would like for you to perhaps provide me with some examples of this, because if it can go abiogenisis and evolution as you say, then me providing evidence for such (at least in this part) is kinda pointless.

I assume from your argument above that you are referring to the origin of life happening as abiogensis predicts, and that life changing under the laws of evolution and natural selection, but somehow this was a spark of creation via a higher power? please explain a bit more on this
Posted by ewsbsk 5 months ago
ewsbsk
I'm so sorry that I didn't post my argument in time. I had everything written down, but I forgot to click submit. I would very much like to continue this debate if my opponent wouldn't us copying and pasting our posted arguments into a new debate
Posted by Masterful 5 months ago
Masterful
Creationism is against the idea of evolution and abiogenesis. Creationism involves living things being the result of intelligent design, rather than natural processes.

For example, Con has said "evolution and this abiogenesis can very well be included into the view of creationism. "
Therefore we do not need a creator as the beginning of life has been answered. Many creationists will disagree with Con is all i'm saying.
Posted by Briannj17 5 months ago
Briannj17
intersting