Ahcount
Blithe

Life ends (death) when the heart stops beating. Life starts when your heart begins beating.

Blithe

Ahcount

Pro

Any point after this time is cold blood murder and should be tried in the first degree. Abortion topic? No, I'm running down the middle of what both sides believe. Life begins at conception, but that life belongs to the mother until it begins to pump its' own blood. At that point, it is the duty of the female to nurture and care for the life that she has willingly agreed to protect and allow to grow in her body until it is capable of breathing without the mother (birth). I am for womens' rights, but its not your body anymore if it has its own heartbeat. There are 2 rules to this debate: 1.Voters should vote for who makes the better argument, not out of personal beliefs.
2.No opinions are allowed that were not stated in Round 1.

1000 Limit, because this is pretty straight forward for the most part. You have my opinion, so round one will be opinion on the entire topic. Its time to have some fun on this site.

Challenge me to any topic, I will be a worthy opponent
Blithe

Con

I want to thank my opponent for the debate. It'll be interesting.

1. I'd like to point out that your title contradicts your fourth sentence. Are you admitting that life begins at conception? If so, the deliberate ending of that life is murder.�At fertilization have a human being, who needs air, shelter and nutrition from its mother.

2. "It's not your body anymore if it has its own heartbeat." Your definition is entirely arbitrary. Scientifically, it is not a woman's body because it has its own unique DNA.�

3.�There is a measurable heart beat 21-24 days after conception. This is only 7-10 days after a women would expect to begin her menses. Since most women have cycles that can vary by this amount, they do not discover they are pregnant until after this point. Therefore, all abortions stop a beating heart, even "early" abortions. However, most abortions do not occur until 4-6 weeks after the fetus begins to form. [1]�

[1]�http://bit.ly...
Ahcount

Pro

Counterpoint 1: There is no contradiction in my sentences, please re-read. No, life does not begin at conception, life was there before the sperm and egg even met. Only when the egg is fertilized, has the "process" of gravidity has begun. They are cells growing within the mother's womb because it cannot pump its' own blood until it develops a heart beat.

Counterpoint 2: "Your definition is entirely arbitrary. Scientifically, it is not a woman's body because it has its own unique DNA." Really? Thats it? My testicles have their own DNA. A woman's ovaries, the same. Mitochondrion are in every humans body that *(short definition) converts glucose into energy (ATP). Most Americans are anaware that Mitochondrion contains its own genome and DNA. As we are diverting off topic, you may research for more information.

Counterpoint 3: You have went off topic. I am in no way approving abortion. Anytime before the heart first beats it is amputation. Any moment after is cold blood murder.
Blithe

Con

1: Let me clarify; *human* life, such as yours or mine, begins at conception.�Of course the single egg or single sperm is technically a living thing but it is not its own human being. A zygote has all 46 chromosomes present, that are not the same as, say, the 46 chromosomes in any random cell in the mother's body.�

2: "Thats it?" I wanted to add more but was running out of characters. The difference there is that even though your different body parts may have different DNA, they will never grow into another person on their own. A zygote is a different person from the mother. Your testicles could be removed and you would remain you; it wouldn't have murdered another human. Killing an embryo is killing a human in its entirety, whether or not it has a heartbeat.�

3: I'm just showing there is no point in saying you support women's rights (R1) if these "rights" are causing murder, which you do not support.�
I think I have addressed the difference between amputation and murder in point 2.�
Ahcount

Pro

Counterpoint 1: I entirely understand the concept. The fact of the matter is, I dont agree with it and you can't seem to muster out any hard proofs other than what you believe and what you have heard/been taught. Its funny, you make such a big deal on these chromosones that are not even a being yet, when so many people die every day.

Counterpoint 2+3: "The difference there is that even though your different body parts may have different DNA, they will never grow into another person on their own." I like how you use the phrase "grow into another person" and then conclude that its a human being even if it hasn't developed any organs or functions all biological life requires.

Point 1: Life ends when the heart stops.
A dead body has some of the same functions as a fetus with a undeveloped heart. Blood is still alive, he has his own geneocode, and has 46 chromosones. Only after 72 hours
do the cells begin to die etc... You were right btw, there is very little space for points.
Blithe

Con

1: If human life does not begin at conception, then when does it? You say when it has a heartbeat, but others say when it has a brain, and others say when it's born... That just begs the question: why should anyone accept your version? I will let you answer that.�
The fact that people die every day is irrelevant here.

2+3: Functions all biological life requires:
•to grow
•to metabolize
•to reproduce
A zygote meets all these. It grows and metabolizes, obviously, and reproduces its cells. It cannot reproduce sexually yet, but neither can a child, so that should not have any bearing. Unlike mitochondria or blood from a dead person, a zygote is an individual whom when properly cared for will reach adulthood.�

CP1: People can survive cardiac arrest and open-heart surgery. In other words, their lives are not over, even though their hearts stop for a period of time. Also, some people live with artificial hearts. Not only is their real heart stopped, it's totally gone. But aren't they alive?
Ahcount

Pro

Ahcount forfeited this round.
Blithe

Con

Take it to round 5.
Ahcount

Pro

Ahcount forfeited this round.
Blithe

Con

Well, I believe I have refuted both of Pro's claims.
Posted by Blithe 5 years ago
Blithe
Oh and by (R1) I mean you said it in round 1.
Just in case that didn't make sense..
Posted by Blithe 5 years ago
Blithe
Tough character limit. I used exactly 1000, haha.
Posted by shift4101 5 years ago
shift4101
You may want to define "life" before you begin.
Vote Placed by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
AhcountBlitheTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
AhcountBlitheTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF, also she had a source
Vote Placed by THEBOMB 5 years ago
THEBOMB
AhcountBlitheTied