Existentialreasonist
Aigerimaa

Life has meaning

Existentialreasonist

Con

After careful thought and philosophy especially Nietzsche I see no meaning in life. I take the absurdist and nihilistic point of view. While he was an existentialist in a way I do believe that "climbing the mountains" and "diving deeper" is better than not doing those things but there is still no meaning to life.
Aigerimaa

Pro

Hello. You know, I myself think about life very often last time. And I also thought about the meaning of life and yes, I had doubts about it. But still I think that life is beautiful and has a lot of positive things such as family, love, hope, for the sake of which we all live. Of course, there are other meanings, such as career, money and fame. Everyone has his own meaning. And I am sure that you will soon will gain your meaning of life.
Existentialreasonist

Con

Does life have meaning though? you haven't mentioned how. While you are perceiving those as positive and as you state that everyone has their own meaning that doesn't tell me how life has meaning. "Hope" is just a label on reality and could be illusory. "Money" and "fame" are very meaningless I could equally say. Human love is also meaningless I could equally state etc.
Aigerimaa

Pro

Do you have family you created? Baby? Or even nephew, niece, little bro or sis. Isn't it wonderful to look how children grow. How they make their first steps, say first words. I think that meaning life consists of family, people, for whom we live. Because family occupies all our time. And it is meaning - to continue the human race.
Existentialreasonist

Con

That's just a tangent, ultimately if the human race were to continue then eventually die off there is still no meaning in the grand scheme of things. If something occupies the time of someone how does it make it meaningful?
Aigerimaa

Pro

Meaning of life " in life, in that it proceeded and from here all that, that is needed for its continuation. To live " it is necessary to eat. To eat " it is necessary to obtain. To obtain " it is necessary to learn. To learn " it is necessary to be born. That meaning was " it is needed to live.
Existentialreasonist

Con

You haven't explained how life has meaning, if you fill the hole you will miss out on other things you can fill the hole with, acting certain when everything is fundamentally uncertain is unstable.
Aigerimaa

Pro

Do you believe in God? May be answer is there
Existentialreasonist

Con

Not really relevant. No I do not because there is no good reason to believe, no good evidence and no good arguments placed.
Aigerimaa

Pro

Unfortunetaly I couldn't inspire you. So I have meaning of life. And I hope that you sooner or later will reach it.