Dr.Noble
Wii_Master_Nin

Life is Pointless for the "Average Joe"

Wii_Master_Nin

Dr.Noble

Pro

Capitalism is a basic system of winners and losers. Due to families who do succeed they will then, logically, give it to other family members of their friends who would then become rich themselves. But this scenario only happens when a person does achieve wealth. This is now rare largely due to the monopolization of the 1800's a rare case.
That is one of the few occurrences where an average person could achieve a pointed achievement filled life. The "Average Joe" that I refer to are the numerous masses of people in a county. And what I mean as "Pointless" is that they won't make a large contribution to history and therefore is just another cog in the immense system of society.
Give it a Try!!!!
Wii_Master_Nin

Con

Saying "Life is pointless for the average Joe" is simply not true. In our society anyone and everyone has the ability to make it big no matter where they are from.

And saying they don't make it big and rich, that's not what everyone is always focused on. Without them we would lose a huge chunk in our workforce and out country would collapse.

Everyone has the ability to make this world a better place. Some people feel that if they can make at least one person's life better then their life was worth living.

Nobody's life is pointless.
Dr.Noble

Pro

Dr.Noble forfeited this round.
Wii_Master_Nin

Con

I would like to say that since Dr. Noble failed to post anything all my points go un-refuted.

My points again were as follows:

Everyone can make it rich so being an "Average Joe" doesn't really mean anything.

The people we call "Average Joes" are our main workforce, without them our country would crumble even more.

Some people just think that if they make even a small bit of difference then their life was worth it, average Joe or not.

And finally, NOBODY'S life is pointless.

For these reasons please vote Con.
Dr.Noble

Pro

I will first like to apologize for not posting. I lost track of time.

"[E]veryone has the ability to make it big no matter where they are from." This is technically true however this is an extreamely rare case. But even if this happens, those people do not end up in the histiry. Given enough time, though they will not end up in the history books. In the end making there life pointless.

My opponent also said that I said that all life is based on how rich they become. That is not true. I was only stating a common example of how that happens. (I. Rockefeller) Again I will restate that the workforce, or Average Joe, will end up being part of the nameless masses. Pointless in the eyes of future historians.

Not everyone can be a Caesar or a Washington.

Every life has a current point. But after it all they are just another cog in a clock. Few actually become the hands.
Wii_Master_Nin

Con

E]veryone has the ability to make it big no matter where they are from." This is technically true however this is an extreamely rare case. But even if this happens, those people do not end up in the histiry. Given enough time, though they will not end up in the history books. In the end making there life pointless."

So are you saying a person's life only has a point if they make it into the history books? If someone becomes successful and is happy they might consider their life worth while. Whether you feel it was pointless or not doesn't matter as long as they *the person who's life we're talking about* feel their life has meaning.

-------------------------------------------------------

"My opponent also said that I said that all life is based on how rich they become. That is not true. I was only stating a common example of how that happens. (I. Rockefeller) Again I will restate that the workforce, or Average Joe, will end up being part of the nameless masses. Pointless in the eyes of future historians."

Again back to being viewed in history. Just refer to my argument above.

"Not everyone can be a Caesar or a Washington."

I don't get where you're going with this but as far as I can tell you just dropped my 3rd contention/reason.

"Every life has a current point. But after it all they are just another cog in a clock. Few actually become the hands."

They may seem to be "just another cog in a clock" to you but to someone maybe they were the "hands". Our view of someone has no effect on if their life is pointless as long as SOMEONE sees meaning in them.

For my argument stated above please vote con.
Dr.Noble

Pro

Whether or not they believe their life is pointless is moot. The debate topic is that in the large scale, the average person is forgotten in the lesser part of a century. Therefore in the end, the average Joes life is pointless. I think my life has a point but the best source of longevity would be in the memories of my grandchildren. Again if the person is question thinks his life is meaningful is a pointless argument. I could think I'm a union but that doesn't put a horn in my head.

What I meant is that the only way to be reimbursed for several centuries is if you are born into an already prominent family. Caesars family was enormously wealthy. They also had connections with current Roman king. Washing also grew up in a prominent uppercase family.

That is true that they may seem important. But unless they put their on individual touch onto history, they are pointless to the large scale picture.

Because there is no absolute refutation of my point I will restate, if you grow up as an average person then you will end up being an average person.
Your life has a point, but it is only a delusion of granger to think that you can shape the world.
I urge an affirmative ballot
Wii_Master_Nin

Con

Whether or not they believe their life is pointless is moot. The debate topic is that in the large scale, the average person is forgotten in the lesser part of a century. Therefore in the end, the average Joes life is pointless. I think my life has a point but the best source of longevity would be in the memories of my grandchildren. Again if the person is question thinks his life is meaningful is a pointless argument. I could think I'm a union but that doesn't put a horn in my head."

Even if someone is forgotten in history doesn't mean they didn't have a point. You spoke of Washington. People remember him, they remember what he did, they know his name. What people don't know is the names of the men in his army. So does that mean the people he commanded at Valley Forge were pointless people? Just because we don't remember each individual person? No. Because of those average people we have the "freedom" we have today.

------------------------------------------------

""Not everyone can be a Caesar or a Washington."
What I meant is that the only way to be reimbursed for several centuries is if you are born into an already prominent family. Caesars family was enormously wealthy. They also had connections with current Roman king. Washing also grew up in a prominent uppercase family."

This is not true. Pablo Picasso was born into a normal middle-class family in M´┐Żlaga.

"After studying art in Madrid, Picasso made his first trip to Paris in 1900, then the art capital of Europe. There, he met his first Parisian friend, the journalist and poet Max Jacob, who helped Picasso learn the language and its literature. Soon they shared an apartment; Max slept at night while Picasso slept during the day and worked at night. These were times of severe poverty, cold, and desperation. Much of his work had to be burned to keep the small room warm." (http://en.wikipedia.org...)

He wasn't wealthy to begin with or born into a family with ties to kings. Yet we know who he is. Picasso is remembered as one of the most important artists in the 20th century.

"That is true that they may seem important. But unless they put their on individual touch onto history, they are pointless to the large scale picture."

Refer to my 1st argument in this round about how even if we don't know every individuals name that doesn't make them unimportant.

"Because there is no absolute refutation of my point I will restate, if you grow up as an average person then you will end up being an average person.
Your life has a point, but it is only a delusion of granger to think that you can shape the world."

And with this refer to my argument about Picasso. He was born into an average life and lived an average life but he turned out to be no average person.

For the refutations and arguments above I urge a Con vote.
Dr.Noble

Pro

Dr.Noble forfeited this round.
Wii_Master_Nin

Con

As you can see my opponent once again did not post anything.

If on anything you should vote for me because I was the only one staying active.
Posted by Wii_Master_Nin 8 years ago
Wii_Master_Nin
Are you going to post your argument or not?
Vote Placed by zach12 8 years ago
zach12
Dr.NobleWii_Master_NinTied
Vote Placed by Wii_Master_Nin 8 years ago
Wii_Master_Nin
Dr.NobleWii_Master_NinTied