cameronl35
safenation

Life is fair

cameronl35

cameronl35

Con

Intrigued by Blackvoid's debate on this topic and wanted to try it out myself. As CON I will be arguing that life is not fair. PRO will be arguing that life is fair.

Structure:
Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Cases
Round 3: Rebuttal
Round 4: Rebuttal and Conclusion/Voting Issues

For clarity here are some definitions:

life-living things and their activity

fair-just or appropriate in the circumstances

Let's get this started.
http://oxforddictionaries.com...

safenation

Pro

I thought this first thing was just an introduction so im not setting up and argument
but you can set up yor case
lets do this
cameronl35

Con

I'm sorry but I am only able to post one contention for I am really busy with schoolwork.

PRO has the burden to prove that life, as defined, is just or appropiate in the circumstances.

Contention 1: Life itself, is filled with natural unfairness.
People are naturally born into natural circumstances that they do not deserve and are not just.
More than 852 million people -- about 13 percent of the world population -- do not have enough food each day to sustain a healthy life, according to the Rome-based Food and Agriculture organization (FAO). Also, in wars between different countries civillians are killed when they have no intent on fighting whatsoever. In WWII, approximately 46 million innocent civillians have died. My opponent has to justify how these are just or appropiate in the circumstances. We also see innocent fetuses killed at massive amounts. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 45 percent of preborn black babies were aborted in the United States in 2007 (the most recent year for which federal statistics are available). There are approximately 36 African-American civillians living in the United States and there has been approximately 16 million African-American babies aborted. I don't see at all how it is justifiable for so many innocent beings to have been killed when they haven't even had a chance at life yet. Finally one of the most controversial topics of life, death itself, is a natural unfairness. Due to the fact that there are people who die consistently as I have proven with no apparent reason, undue deaths are not just at all.

Conclusion:
Life is not fair. People who have caused no harm get killed as we I am typing this case. People who do not deserve high rewards get high rewards when those who have been working their entire lives get barely anything. However, just because life is not just or appropiate in the circumstances does not mean life is not good, that isn't what the debate is about. I apologize for such a poor round and am eager to hear my opponent's response. Thanks and for these reasons I urge a CON ballot.

http://www.commondreams.org...
http://www.all.org...
http://www.blackgenocide.org...

safenation

Pro

I affirm: Life is fair
Although there is a bias toward the negative side I still believe this is gonna be a really interesting debate

Observations:
Because life is very complicated we are going to have to take it as a whole and cannot argue specific scenarios
Luck is not unfair it is luck and that is not life it is just odds

Contention 1: everyone has equal opportunity
People have the choice to do things and can make things happen. If they really want to no restrictions will not matter

Contention 2: people have to deal with odds
Odds are not unfair. People benefitting is not bad and people can change. Luck and chance are a major factor of everything so you can't votes on that

This is gonna be interesting
Sorry it's short I had alot of school work as well
cameronl35

Con

Thanks safenations, for the response.

"Observation: Because life is very complicated we are going to have to take it as a whole and cannot argue specific scenarios."

I agree, we do have to take it as a whole, so at the point at which there are masses of people that are treated unfair and unjust for no apparent reason, you have to address the issue.

"Luck is not unfair it is luck and that is not life it is just odds."

Well luck is not unfair because luck normally correlates with a positive thing however when someone is unlucky, that is unfair. Thus, luck can be discarded.

"Contention 1: everyone has equal opportunity
People have the choice to do things and can make things happen. If they really want to no restrictions will not matter"

This is an extremely far-fetched, unsupported and bland statement. Everyone does NOT have equal opportunity. As I stated earlier, millions of humans are aborted before they ever get to live. Would you call that equal opportunity? How about the starvation in Africa? Poor little kids are born into houses where they barely can eat, play, and sleep without possibly catching a disease. Meanwhile, in the U.S. some kids are born into million dollar houses in perfectly happy-go-lucky neighborhoods with a great education. Would you say this is equal opportunity? There is no evidence for this statement and I think we can agree it is not applicable to the debate anymore.

"Contention 2: people have to deal with odds
Odds are not unfair. People benefitting is not bad and people can change. Luck and chance are a major factor of everything so you can't votes on that"

This is a pretty odd statement. My opponent's argument is not clear and really provides no tangible argument for the resolution. Of course people have to deal with odds! That doesn't mean it's "fair". Fair is just or appropiate in the circumstances. When people have to deal with odds that cause them not to live and to live in terrible conditions, that is not just or appropiate in the circumstances. He also states that people can't change. A pretty biased statement. Perhaps most people cahn change but some have no resources to. There are people of mental enfeeblement, starving children, and innocent civillians dying in wars. Is this something any of them can change? I don't see how this contention is an argument and should be discarded as well.

Conclusion:
Although it is unfortunate that my opponent doesn't have time with school however I am in the same predicament. This is not a justifiable excuse for a debate. My opponent provides no refutation for my contention and doesn't justify the resolution at all with his contentions. There is no evidence to support my opponent's lavish claims so I urge a CON ballot.
safenation

Pro

safenation forfeited this round.
cameronl35

Con

My opponent has closed his account. Arguments extended, vote CON.
safenation

Pro

safenation forfeited this round.
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
BOLD....BURNS!!!! o.o
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
lol someone actually said yes
Posted by cameronl35 5 years ago
cameronl35
I apologise Maikuru :(
I thought it was appealing!
Posted by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
The bold burns my eyes.
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
this will be fun to watch
Vote Placed by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
cameronl35safenationTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had better arguments and Pro had a total FF. Con wins!
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
cameronl35safenationTied
Reasons for voting decision: CON presented better arguments and refuted 'fully'... and didn't ff.
Vote Placed by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
cameronl35safenationTied
Reasons for voting decision: Total forfeit by Pro.
Vote Placed by wierdman 5 years ago
wierdman
cameronl35safenationTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.