Life is useless without a religious purpose

Muslimdebater has forfeited round #3.

A person who has no religious purpose only has personal purpose. And only fulfiling personal purposes make the purpose selfish. Because the person cares only about this world and this world can never truly be gained.

I'd like to thank my opponent for instigating this debate and hope to have a fruitful and meaningful exchange.
My opponent argues that without a religious purpose that life is useless, I will provide arguements against the resolution and BoP lies with Pro.

the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

without useful qualities; of no practical good

pertaining to or connected with a monastic or religious order.

an intended or desired result; end; aim; goal.

My opponent argues that a person without a religious purpose only has personal purposes, which result in having only personal selfish purposes, my opponent fails to show how a this is true and furthermore deviates from fulfilling their BoP.

It is clear that many non-religious people have useful qualities, and offer their services to help benefit the advancement of humanity, far from selfish I would say. many non-religious people on a daily basis are helping each other, and I wouldn't call that useless.

The resolution has been negated and Pro has not met his BoP.

The bop is on me? I didnt know that.

But anyways, let's see what I have to proof.
1) life is useless.
The conditions are that a person isn't religious.

I think I did give an explanation of this theory. But I'll explain it a bit further.

A person, doesn't believe in god. And we all know that religion tells a person to serve humanity and others and to believe in life after death. These all things make a person selfless and a person starts caring more about the society than his own self.

Now considering this person doesn't have a religion. This person doesn't have any real motive to serve society. Or to believe in life after death. Thus, this person becomes selfish because according to him, he could die any moment. And he would be gone forever. Now, this makes him live this life to its extremes and many people might argue that he does so to serve society too and its not just for himself.

That person lives for himself. If you ask him 'do you want to die today?' He is obviously going to say 'no'. Because he has to live more. He has more desires he has to fulfill.

That's all for now.

My opponent is using faulty logic here, by claiming that without being religious you can not serve humanity, this claim is not only incredulous, it is simply without merit, Pro has given no solid argument to believe this stance and simply fails to acknowledge how many people without a religion, can and do indeed serve humanity and thus have a purpose without religion.

There are many service men and women without a religion that serve society in a number of ways,

Fire fighters who save lives on a daily basis,
Medical nurses and doctors help aid people in discomfort on a daily basis,
Police and army personal who risk their own lives protecting civilians and maintaining peace on a daily basis.

This is just a few examples from many that establish the fact that people who are without a religion can and do indeed serve humanity, and thus proves they have useful qualities which are good and purposeful.

My opponent also argues that belief in an afterlife somehow makes ones life useful and purposeful, as this is only an assertion and contains no actual merit, it can also be dismissed by the examples I have set out above, showing that people with no belief in an afterlife, can and do serve humanity and have useful qualities which are of immense practical good.

The resolution has been negated and Pro has failed to establish their BoP, and has not shown how being religious gives one a useful purpose that serves humanity an advantage over someone with no religion.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 2 months ago
17 hours remaining. I hope Con sees the same flaws I'm seeing.
Posted by canis 2 months ago
Wonder what a buddhist monk would tell a student in this situation.. Probably he would tell him to go cleaning toilets for a week, with no other purpose than cleaning toilest. ..After a week he would probably ask his student...what was useless.
Posted by LogicalPerson 2 months ago
This is the problem with many religious thinkers. If they do not find a logical answer to something they don't understand, they twist an image and put a non-supported faith behind their ill thinking. I do comprehend that not all religious people are like this. As for you, atheists "[have nothing to live for]" and live as if in a dream, ignorance is obvious. I have a purpose, to live, work, encourage myself and others, amddie. Upon other little things. Being an atheist isn't a handicap, it's an open cap.
Posted by malalo75 2 months ago
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Posted by canis 2 months ago
Maybe it is when you think you have a useless life without purpose, that you will start to dream about a religious one ? But as there is no god...Your feeling of being useless and without purpose will remain. The only way to make this feeling go away is to believe in your own becomes a dream...
Posted by missmedic 2 months ago
Being spiritual to me is more important and better than being religious. Religion has a dogmatic and unquestionable assembly of rules that need to be followed without question. Spirituality invites you to reason it all, to question it all and to decide your actions and assume the consequences.
Posted by LogicalPerson 2 months ago
If atheists do not believe in an afterlife then that should encourage them to live out the life they're given even greater than those waiting for death. Atheist 1 Believers 0
Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
there is no purpose of life, in death