LifeMeansGodIsGood
Ozzyhead

Life means God is good

Ozzyhead

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

With "good" being defined as "having a favorable character or tendency", and "God" being recognized as the creator of all things, including those things thought to be gods but lesser than God who created them, life means God is good because it shows God's character and tendency is favorable. Con, whoever that may be, must argue to the contrary. . Con must argue that life means God is soimething other than good.. or God is uncaring, or God is bad. The debate is about the meaning of life, not the existence of God. For this debate, the existence of God is recognized by both Pro and Con. There is no burden of proof for either Pro or Con, due to the fact that one's faith determines what he will accept as proof of things not seen.
Ozzyhead

Con

You got yourself a debate, boss. I read and will adhere to the rules and my responsibility in this debate in the best way I can
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Calling me "boss" could be flattering, but i'm not the boss, I'm a subject the same as you. We are both subject to death, that's the rule and neither of us made the rule so neither of us is the boss. Life shows God is Good because He gives and sustains life. He did not have to create life, He does not have to give anything to sustain it......but He does. This shows He is good. "The best way I can" will not be accepted as an exuse for violating the guiding terms for the arguement. If I violate the terms, feel free to point that out as I surely will if you violate the terms. The terms of the debate are meant to be boss.....I'm not the boss. Let's try to keep this in focus. Life means God is good is Pro, Con is that life means God is not good. Please tell my why you are arguing that life means God is not good.
Ozzyhead

Con

Life does not mean God is good. God created a big giant round object that is full of death and destruction. Also, in God's eyes, you can clearly read in the bible that something is wrong with life. If it wasn't, God would not have to restart this whole ordeal. Flood the earth and kill every man, woman, child and animal except for one family and two of every animal (although I'm curious as to how Noah got 2 kangaroos that live 8000 miles from the Middle East in Australia, seeing that kangaroos are only found in Australia), and then we say that life is good? If it was so good, then it should have never been abruptly ended, regardless the reason, too because if it was good, then it should have never been ended, and it shouldn't end again abruptly when the rapture comes and everyone dies and goes to heaven or hell. And again, hell. Life is not good if there is a place specifically designed for people to be sent to burn and choke and scream and cry, again regardless the reason why. No one deserves that sort of punishment, not even a murderer because a murderer put an end to a life that was finite to begin with, so that murderer should only serve a finite sentence. But that's not the point. If life is good, then Hell should not exist, period. If it was good, then there would be no reason for a Hell.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Thank you Con for arguing within the parameters as requested. I'm more than happy to show why life means God is good and why the way you are looking at things is skewed so you can't see God's goodness.

The big round object you say is full of death and destruction is the Earth on which our lives are sustained. If the earth were full of death and destruction, neither of us would have time to debate. God gives us time, and God gives air to breathe, and God protects His creation from destruction. The fact that God gave us life and free will to do as we see fit shows that God is good. Giving is good. God gives life.

It is the things we did violating God's law that have brought the problems which you seem to be saying prove that God is not good. God could destroy us all now, and He would be righteous to do so because we have all done wrong, and all wrong is offensive to Him. He did not create us to do wrong, He created us so He could enjoy us. Con, you are saying life is not good only because you are trying to blame God for problems He did not cause. This is why your negative take on life is a skewed one. If God does not punish rebellion, how could He be good? If rebellion is not punished, what benefit would there be in obedience when there is pleasure to be found in rebellion? It is good to know God will put an end to all rebellion, and it is good to know He is patient and does not end it all now.

The argument here is not "life is good", it's life means God is good. Life has gone bad, your life has gone bad, into death, because of your sin. God gives you time because He is good. He wants you to go to heaven, but He will not force you to trust Him. He made the way for you to go, but as He gave you free will, He cannot force you to go His way. Giving you free will was an act of His goodness. You cannot blame God if you choose to go your own way. You cannot blame God if you are cast into fire of hell.
Ozzyhead

Con

What is 'right' and 'wrong' is objective. In my eyes, 'right' is being kind and doing as little damage as you possibly can. That should be enough. God does not have the right to kill as all. We have not all done wrong. What is REALLY wrong with premarital sex? Nothing! An action such as sex has as much meaning as you give it! What's wrong with gay marriage? It's not traditional? Oh, well the biblical idea of a traditional marriage is the father of a woman and a guy that wants her have a conversation, and agree to allow the guy and daughter to marry without the daughter having a say in the matter. So, if that's the case, then I know a lot of people who are illegally married because their fathers don't approve. What else have we done wrong? Not go to church on Sunday, or any other day? Oh, well isn't that a bit PRIDEFUL of God? You know, something God does not want people to have? He doesn't want us to think so high and mighty of ourselves. That's his job. So, basically, God has the right to kill us all because he is selfish and arrogant. Both statements are supported by God. Life doesn't have to be here, but if it's supposed to be run the way God wants it to be ran, then I have no problem not being apart of this life. Why, I'd rather sit in the deepest darkest parts of hell slowly roasting for all eternity instead of looking at such a selfish arrogant God who has the balls to send me to hell simply because I have not been convinced by his oh so perfect creations that he exists. In my eyes, God is a big punk, and a big bully. And if he created life JUST for us to fulfill what he wants, then he arrogant. So full of himself. Does he deserve to be? Well this is turning in to one big circle argument.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Yes Con, what is righ and wrong is objective. You said that well. In your eyes, right is subjecive to your own feelings and beliefs. Your eyes can be wrong. Doing as little damage as you can does not make it ok to do wrong. Yes, that is enough...it is more than enough to end in death. Saying God does not have the right to kill us all seems dumb since we are all under death penalty. I'm sure you are not that dumb.

It seems you are insisting God is not good because He will not allow you to do whatever you feel like doing forever. Obviously you know what is right and what is wrong by the length of time you spend trying to say it's not wrong for you to act however you wish as long as you try to minimize damage you cause while getting your pleasure.

The One who created and sustains all life has every right to destroy everything He created, the same as you have the right to knock down a snowman after you build it. Only He did not build snowmen, he made living men and gave them free will. He did this because He is good and He shows He is good in doing it. It is good to know He will purge His creation and put away all of the bitterness against Him which comes from the pride of His creatures who insist He does not have the right to rule over them.........and all of those of His creatures who finalize their death in rebellion will no longer pollute the air with their hard words agaisnt Him. Life means God is good 1) because it shows He is giving and 2) it shows He is patient and does not want to bring the final judgement upon you.......though He could at any moment, maybe even before you can post another round in this debate. You are calling Him all kinds of evil names when He is nothing but good. How long do you think He will put up with you who gives Him no thanks for all the things He gives you? Using the time He gives you to insist that He is evil is a mistake. Life means God is good. Hating God cries out for fire of Hell.
Ozzyhead

Con

Usually, when a prophet was written down, people would work towards those prophecies to be fulfilled. People noticed that part about Israel and worked for it. It's not a prophecy if it can be done by human who have access to the prophecy claim. Also, the Mayan's supposedly predicted the future accurately, too. How are they not the right ones to follow? Proof is tangible. It has to be measurable in some form, and it has to continuously be proven right for us to accept it as true. What exactly makes the stories true? Or for that matter, different? You realize how many Greek and Roman and other gods of the past have had similar stories to Jesus's story? Do you also realize that the Christians stole Christmas and Easter from the Pagans? The Pagans celebrated the winter solstice. The Christians stole it, fancied it up, and made it theirs. Historical, philosophical and even biblical evidence will point to Jesus being born in a time that is not during or around the time of Christmas. Also, Easter was taken as well from the Pagans. They celebrated spring, as the sign of new life. That's why rabbits, which come out in spring for the first time of a year, agree associated with Easter.
Another thing, there is much lack of proof of many biblical claims. A big problem is that the Egyptians recorded just about everything that went on. They never recorded anything about owning slaves, and never had a single Hieroglyphic character relating to a large global flood.
Let's address, first of all, what we mean by life in this debate. This should of been established first. Are we talking about our lives individually or collectively? Because let's take a stroll in to Africa, where children are born, starve, and die. God isn't too good to those people, is he? God wasn't too good to those people in the World Trade Center, was he? God wasn't so nice to the life of the Jews a few decades ago, was he? If God allows this too happen, then logically speaking, life is not affected by any God.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Con, you are going off on a lot of tangents trying to prove to yourself that you do not have to submit to God's rule and you really can't be sure what is true. Life means God is good. He gives air to breathe to all. If God is not good enough for you, it is not God's fault.......it's because you want to replace God with a god who will allow you to do whatever you feel like to please yourself. Only the Creator has that right. Your refusal to thank Him for creating you does not mean He is not good. He will fix everything when He is ready, but if He fixed it all now, you and all the rebells like you would have to be shut up in hell now and forever, becasue when He removes all the bad things that abuse of free will brought in to His creation, that is what is going to happen. People and devils like you who insist God is not good will forever be put away where the fire burns like their passion of self-exultaion against God's rule over them. God is good because He gives free will, your life in free will shows that God is good. He will not allow your hard words agaisnt Him to remain floating around in His creation, He will have it put away from Him and His heaven forever. He Himself died in your place to pay the price you owe Him for the abuse of the free will in time He gave you. He loves you and paid with His own blood so you would not have to pay with your own eternal death in the Lake of Fire........but if you do not recieve Him as your Saviour, who is the gift of God which is eternal life to all who call upon the name of the LORD, you have nobody to stand between you and God to say your price has been paid and you can be forgiven. No religion of the world can get you anything other than death. God is a person who speaks, and He is knocking on your door now wanting to come in to you and be your life, Jesus Himself is knocking on your door. He is reality, He is God, He is the Truth.
Ozzyhead

Con

The plants in my yard and the cactus on my table gives me the air I breathe. It takes in the carbon that I can't breathe, turns that in to O2 and that allows me to breathe. God has little to do with it. God has little to do with the status of our world. Well, except for all the death because we are pretty sure the number one motive for killing and war is religion. God likes war. Obviously, because he told 3 different religions to kill the ones who didn't agree with their religion. He must have been entertained by the crusades. He is evil, not good. Compared to the devil, God is a true monster. I sure hope if there is a heaven, God isn't running it. I'd rather be in hell if the biblical God is the God running heaven. Now, if George Carlin was running heaven, that would be a fun place to go! God is not good, and even if he was, my opponent failed to meet the burden of proof. You have to prove your claim. May George Carlin bless you all. Remember, worship the Sun, and pray to Joe Pesci
Posted by lifemeansevolutionisgood 2 years ago
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Obviously Con would win. Life means that EVOLUTION is good.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 3 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
you sure are banking a lot on chances and the odds are against you.........God's dice are loaded and you owe Him everything and He is going to throw you like garbage to burn in the fire of hell if you won't give it to Him. You said yourself you would prefer that over bowing to Him and admitting Jesus Christ deserves all the honor and glory for creating you. Do you want me to pray for you to get what you are asking for? I'm sure God can deliver. I'm praying for you to get saved from the fire of hell, but if you really want to go there I can pray for God to give it to you fast and I'm sure he will if you really want Him to prove that He has the right to do it. Your time is only a vapor that appears briefly and then is gone. It goes fast.....fast enough, not too fast and not too slow, God is in control and soon He will avenge Himself against His enemies.
Posted by Ozzyhead 3 years ago
Ozzyhead
Christianity is one of a million plus religions. There are 300,000 denominations of Christianity. You have a .000001 chance of having the right religion and a .00003 chance of having the right denomination. The story of Jesus is also not original, as many stories from the before Jesus had a person dying and coming back to life. The story of Adam and Eve was also not original to the Abrahamic religions. The story of the Greek and Roman gods that are older than Christianity contain similar things to the bible, having me believe the people writing the bible changed some things around and called it the bible. And if it wasn't for Alexander The Great, Christianity wouldn't spread. He forced everyone to follow it when it was just a small religion. Chances are, Jesus would have been shelved as an ancient god if it wasn't for Alexander The Great.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
God created you and He gives you air to breathe and you are accusing Him of being a bully and you think He is suppose to listen to your garbage forever and not have you cast into the fire of hell where only the smoke of your torment will rise forever? Do you know the definition of an idiot? An idiot is one who repeatedly does things harmful to himself. You are repeatedly insulting God and He is not going to put up with it for long. You are going to get the hell fire you say you would prefer over bowing to God and taking sides with Him against your sin and pride..........that is if you don't get saved. You won't get saved by rejecting the Saviour. You will be rejected by Him as your Judge if you reject Him as your Saviour. You are rejected now but you can be accepted if you will repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. It's as easy as A B C
A Admit you are a sinner against God

B Believe He paid for your sins and rose from the grave as God the Man, Jesus Christ

C. Call upon the name of the Lord to save you.

You are calling for your own destruction forever in fire of hell. Stop that, for crying out loud. It's hard to watch somebody dying when I know they can be saved.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
The devil says God is no good. The devil knows he has lost the arguement. Hell was created for the devil and his angels. Man was created for God. Man in Adam chose to be rebells like the devil, and fell under the penalty of separation from God from their rebellion. God will not entertain rebellion of His creatures forever. You are a rebell. You are standing in your own right and fooling yourself. You have no right. God has all the right. Who do you think yoiu are?
Posted by Ozzyhead 3 years ago
Ozzyhead
No one is justified in sending me to hell. God created it. What, he makes hell and then says he's going to send me there if I don't follow but he doesn't want to send me there? He's in charge. But since he made hell, he is no good. If a bully beats you up, and you bleed, and gives you a bandage, would you say thank you? No, you'd tell them to go f themselves. God is a bully that bullied us and thinks that I should be grateful for the bandage that I wouldn't need had he not come along
LifeMeansGodIsGood
The debate you are making against God will never end unless you come into agreement with God. He says, "Come, let us reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be as crimson, they shall be as wool." God wants you to accept His offer of pardon and eternal life in heaven through Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life. He is risen from the dead and He is LORD! Every knee will bow to Him, and every tongue shall confess (in heaven, earth, and hell....in hell perhaps against their wills, but they will say "Jesus Christ is Lord". God is angry will all who reject His offer of pardon through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Didn't He pay enough for you? And you think God should not care if you do not care after all He did for you?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
God justifies Himself in that He came down from heaven, taking on a body as a man, and took the death you deserve, paying for your sins with His own torturously spilled blood. You sin has to be paid for. If you choose to pay for it yourself, the eternal fire of hell will never be enough to remove sin from your record. God had no sin of His own when He paid for yous sins with His own blood. He who create you has every right to have you cast away from Him forever into fire of hell after you proudly finalized your death trampling the blood of His Son under your feet. You don't think God is angry with you for refusing to care how much He loved you so that He gave His only Son to take your sins on Himself because He does not want to be forced to let you have your own way and let you burn in hell forever? God loves you and wants you to believe on Jesus and have eternal life.
Posted by Ozzyhead 3 years ago
Ozzyhead
I didn't blame God for the problems. He is the one that created Hell. It is unjustifiable to send anyone, ANYONE, to a lake of fire, smoke, and pain. That is extremely unfair. BUT the debate is OVER. We are not continuing this debate in the comments. If you feel you have better, different arguments, thenvme to this debate again.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
the debate was about the meaning of life. Life shows God is good because He gives. You can be against God saying God is not good and refuse to believe He is good and try to blame Him for the problems in the word the way Con is trying. If you refuse to believe God created everything, then you will refuse to believe God is good and who knows what you will believe? That's on you.......and it's not good for you by your own choice..
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
LifeMeansGodIsGoodOzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't effectively argue the resolution that god is good because he created life, this is a subjective statement that had no objective data to back it up. Alongside this Pro failed to even meet BoP needed to show that god exists, however Con didn't refute this so it's unimportant. Please if your going to make a debate remember to write a correct resolution "god is good" would have been much more appropiate.