dane111222333
SarcasticMethod

Life was created

SarcasticMethod

dane111222333

Pro

If you are in this debate then you are for evolution.
SarcasticMethod

Con

Thank you, dane111222333.

I'd like to establish a few things before we begin:

Burden of Proof is shared. We must both support our sides because we are both making claims.

Creation/the creation hypothesis: that living beings were created in present form by an intelligent creator.
Darwinian evolution/the theory of evolution: that living beings attained their present day forms through a process of natural selection.
Life: the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

All claims must be backed up by evidence and/or reason.

I'd like to begin with a few proofs.

The various bacteria and virii that cause illness in human beings can be combatted by creating vaccines that use dead or weak copies of those bacteria and virii to train the immune system to recognize the actual pathogen. However, a new influenza vaccine is needed every year. Why is that? The virus responsible for influenza evolves quickly enough that it can go unrecognized in a previously vaccinated body. For this reason, a new vaccine is needed every year.
Source: http://www.cdc.gov...

Lactose intolerance is normal for mammals, as the ability to process lactose drops off sharply after childhood (when the animal is drinking its mother's milk). However, in many populations of humans, the ability to process lactose seems to have developed to adapt to the pastoral lifestyles many early humans lived.
Source: http://www.dailymotion.com...

The peppered moth was once a light, speckled moth that used its camouflage to blend into tree bark. When the Industrial Revolution occurred in England, the air became sooty and trees were coated in black. As a result, many peppered moths were killed off due to them being easy to spot. The predominant kind of peppered moth was a mutated kind that was much darker and could blend in. Pollution eventually went down, and for the same reasons, the original peppered moth returned.
Source: http://www.truthinscience.org.uk...

With these simple proofs of evolution in action, I hope to win this debate.
Good day to you, dane111222333!
dane111222333

Pro

Thanks for taking part in this debate.
Now let me get going with my points. Similar to the theory of Evolution, the theory of creation also has evidence. One substantial piece of evidence for creation is that there are no intermediate fossils. The absence of intermediate fossiles indicate that organism did not envolve into other organisms. The fossile records also provide people with another piece of evidence for creation. It is an absolute fact that life appears in complex forms and that gaps appear systematically between various living kinds in the fossil. This suggest that life was obviously created, not coming through evolution
SarcasticMethod

Con

First off, I would like to mention that you have not even tried to shoot down my proofs. This means that you have not completely fulfilled your burden.

Second, to address your point: There exist many intermediate fossils. An important example would be the many fossils we have found of early members of the genus Homo, e. g. the Homo erectus fossils we have found are intermediate between Homo habilis and modern-day Homo sapiens sapiens.
Source: http://humanorigins.si.edu...
dane111222333

Pro

As this is the third round I would like to ask a few questions. According to science humans evolved from monkey's over a course of millions of years we did not become what we are now with a day or two. Before coming to the form we are today we went through many changes (different species like a home erecteus,homo habilus etc...). So monkey's are our only closest living relatives,so what happened to the other creatures that are called as our ancestors??? One reason might be that the were some pre historic organism that might have some common features to us but they we're never our ancestors. The theory of evolution can say how life was created. With this points I expect to win this debate good luck to you!!!!
SarcasticMethod

Con

Once more, you completely ignore the three points I made in Round 1. Allow me to take down your final point, leaving you at a three point disadvantage.

Despite your poor grammar and spelling, I have managed to glean this of your point:

You claim that in my worldview, humans evolved from monkeys (false: humans and monkeys evolved from a common ancestor). But you also say that, and I quote:
"One reason might be that the were some pre historic organism that might have some common features to us but they we're never our ancestors."
You assert that we do not have a common ancestor further down the line, but you refuse to prove your assertion. Your final point is nothing but assertion, which directly violates the rule earlier agreed upon that we are to use evidence or reason to back up our points.

SarcasticMethod 3 - 0 dane111222333

Good luck.
Posted by Chaosism 2 years ago
Chaosism
@ dane111222333

There's no need to apologize for anything, here. Practice is good! One learns more by failing than by succeeding. Just review other debates to pick up tips, and keep trying!
Posted by dane111222333 2 years ago
dane111222333
I am sorry for my poor performance . I am a beginner and this is my first debate.
Posted by SarcasticMethod 2 years ago
SarcasticMethod
They're easy targets, I know. Maybe next time.
Posted by Kryptic 2 years ago
Kryptic
aww I wanted to debate the creationist :(
Posted by SarcasticMethod 2 years ago
SarcasticMethod
Define "define"
Posted by Biodome 2 years ago
Biodome
Define "Life"
Define "Created"
Vote Placed by FlatEarthSociety 2 years ago
FlatEarthSociety
dane111222333SarcasticMethodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had arguments backed up with proof. Pro's only argument was that there was a lack of intermediate fossils thus showing that creation is the only possibility. This only discredits evolution and was shown to be completely false by con. Pro then argues about why evolution isn't true fallaciously as pointed out by con. Therefore, I give my points for who had better arguments to Con.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
dane111222333SarcasticMethodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Only Con had sources.
Vote Placed by Chaosism 2 years ago
Chaosism
dane111222333SarcasticMethodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a significant number of spelling/grammar mistakes, such as "home erecteus". Pro did not even acknowledge anything that Con said, let alone refute his points. On the other hand, all of Pro's arguments, which were merely assertive statements, were refuted by Con. Pro's arguments display a fundamental lack of understanding of the Theory of Evolution. Arguments to Con. All of Con's points were supported by sources, whereas Pro cited none.