zmikecuber
LifeMeansGodIsGood

LifeMeansGodIsGood will go to heaven when he dies

zmikecuber

zmikecuber

Con

I, zmikecuber, am not saved. I don't think anyone is. This includes my opponent. Hence, this debate.

BoP is on LifeMeansGodIsGood to show that he will go to heaven when he dies. Not that he probably will, but that he definitely will, 100%.

All we shall assume is that God exists, and the Bible is the inspired word of God.

Pro starts right away.

Pro must put in the last round "No arguments as agreed." If he does not, this will result in a 7 point lost.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

I don't know what zmike means by his rule set up to make me lose seven points. Since he finally admitted he is not saved, I will agree with him on that and again state that I am saved, I know my sins are forgiven, and I know I am going to heaven, and I know why. I will concede loss on this debate from the start as most people will refuse to believe they can be saved, or they will refuse to believe that being saved is worth turning away from their pride or from the pleasures of their favorite sinfull self-indulgences. But I really do want to concede all of the points in this debaate to zmike. It does not matter. One million points against me will never change the fact that I know God Himself paid for my sins with His own blood, He took my death, He substituted Himself for me, I realized that I deserve to die and I deserve all of God's punishment even in fire of hell forever, and He deserved none of the pain, suffering, and death He took when He gave His sinless life's blood to pay for my sins. I believed on His reurrection, took sides with Him against myself because of my sins, fell down on my face and and asked Him to have mercy on me and I received Him. He came in to me by His Spirit, I know God is my Father, I know I am a joint-heir of heaven with Jesus, and I know beyond any shadow of doubt that I am saved, Jesus already took my death. Jesus Christ accomplished my death......He took my death. I have eternal life. I cannot convince anybody of this fact, only God Himself can convince you the same as He Himself convinced me. Most people will reject God's offer of pardon through faith in His blood, most people will reject Jesus Christ as their Saviour and will trample His blood under their feet untill their death is finalized, most people will burn in hell, refusing to beleive the fire of hell is real and hot and forever untill they find themselves there with no way out, and most people will refuse to accept the fact that I,
LifeMeansGodisGood, am saved and 100 percent sure I am going to heaven. This cannot be proven to an unbeliever while we are in our bodies of death. The only thing that can be proven to an unbeliever is that fire of hell is real, it is hot, people who are cast away their will burn forever..........and the unbelievers will not believe it untill they find themselves in it and then it will be too late. I simply enjoy telling people how I know I am saved, I know my sins are forgiven, I know God loved me so much He died in my place and paid for my sins with His own blood and rose from the grave to justify all who believe on Him.....repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. I am saved. I know I am going to heaven and I know you can be saved. If you are not saved now, you need to get saved before it is too late. I have eternal life. I am passed from death into life now....eternal life now. Heaven is my home. I'm going home soon. Won't you receive Jesus Christ as your Saviour so you will be my brother in Jesus Christ? Everybody in the world today can be saved, but few will. Will you? I am saved. I am going to heaven. It is finished, Jesus Christ did it for me. That's enough.
Somehow it seems like everybody would believe and get saved, but they won't. Why not? Boggles my mind, trying to find the right words to get through to them but even Jesus Himself could not get through to most people. Zmike can argue and say I am not saved and am not going to heaven. Doing that, he is arguing against his own salvation. I know I am saved, and I know I can never be good enough or do enough good to earn it. It's only because God loved me so much He came down from heaven to pay for my sins with His own blood to spare me from paying if I would receive Him as my payment for my sins, my Saviour and my God and I believed on Him and received Him. I wish I could say it in a way to make everybody understand so they would all get saved now and nobody else ever die and go to hell. But I can't, and I know that desire is only a wish, and in reality few will admit that they deserve to die and burn in hell and few will believe on Jesus Christ and receive Him as their Saviour because they know if they believe on Him they will have to turn against their own sin, their own pride. Whoever is reading this, won't you be one of the few and say "Dear God, I know I'm a sinner and deserve to die. I do not want to be cast awy from you forever because of my sin. Thank you for giving your Son to die in my place, I believe you raised Him from the dead and He is God and I'm receiving Him now as my Saviour. Thank you Jesus for saving me." If you prayed this prayer os something similar to it and you meant it with your whole heart, God heard you and by the Spirit of God came in to you and you are born again. Jesus Himself is now in you and you are in Him, and you are saved and going to heaven. You have recieved the gospel, the good news from God..........you not only heard it, but you received it, you received Jesus as your Saviour and now He wants you to declare your union with Him publicly by getting baptized.......burried in water, submerged, as a picture of His death which He took for you, and raised out of the water as a picture of His resurrection which He shares with you and in which you now share. I don't care about any seven points. I want everybody to get saved. The points mean nothing except that if I lose the debate, that only means more lost people than saved people voted, and that is sad. It's sad if even one person voting is lost. It's sad if zmike is lost, which when he says he is not saved I must conclude that he is lost. Winning the debate won't help. I just want everbody to get saved now if they are not saved already like me, thanks be to God in Jesus Christ the Saviour. I concede all points to zmike, but I know I am saved and I know I am going to heaven and that I can never concede. Even if zmike gets saved today the same as I did 30 yrs ago, I will happily concede all of the points for this debate to him. I only want people to be saved. It's hard to sit quiet and watch people dying and in danger of hell fire while I am thanking God for what He did to save me, thanking Him for gauranteeing my pardon by paying for my sins by dying in my place. There is pleasure in sin for a season. It's not worth it. Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.
zmikecuber

Con

Introduction
The reason I said failure to abide by the rules I set would result in a 7-point loss, is because otherwise my opponent would have an unfair advantage. Since the burden is mostly on him, it makes sense for him to go first.

Conceding the debate
My opponent has already conceded the debate, stating, "I will concede loss on this debate from the start as most people will refuse to believe they can be saved, or they will refuse to believe that being saved is worth turning away from their pride or from the pleasures of their favorite sinfull self-indulgences. But I really do want to concede all of the points in this debaate to zmike."

This is confusing. My opponent was the one who wanted to debate me and prove that he was going to heaven. I'm honestly confused as to his entire argument above.

Rebuttals
My opponent literally has no argument. His entire first round is filled with question-begging bare assertions, repeated ad nauseam. Nevertheless, I shall thoroughly show why my opponent cannot be 100% certain of going to heaven.

If you don't accept Jesus as your savior, you won't go to heaven
The typical Protestant argument my opponent argues is as follows:

P1: If, and only if, you accept Jesus as your savior, THEN you will go to heaven.
P2: LifeMeansGodisGood has accepted Jesus as his savior.
C: He will go to heaven.

The first problem is that "accepting Jesus as your saviour" has literally no definition. What on earth does this mean? Does it mean a warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of your stomach? Or does it mean self-sacrifice until the end of your life? My opponent has not defined what this means. Obviously, there are huge amounts of debate over this in Christian theology. The Catholic Church teaches that there are many ways to accept Jesus as God and saviour. This is called baptism (1). So under Catholic theology, and other Protestant theology, it's entirely reasonable that Plato and Aristotle are in heaven, or any other virtuous person who desired to do good.

But it gets worse for my opponent.

If LifeMeansGodIsGood rejects Jesus as his saviour, then he will not go to heaven. This is logically valid.

Point in short: It is at the very very least, possible for him to do so. It's possible for him to become an unbeliever. He has free will, and does not know the future.

If this is possible, then he will not go to heaven. If it's possible that he will not go to heaven, then he cannot be 100% certain.

You might be able to say that you're 80% certain, or even 90% certain, but you cannot say with absolute 100% certainty that you are going to heaven.

The reason is because it's entirely possible for you to reject Jesus (whatever that means in real life) and consequently not go to heaven.

My opponent has not met his burden. He's just made bare assertions, and won't convince anyone. I've shown that it's at least possible for my opponent to not go to heaven; there's certainly nothing impossible about it. Thus, he cannot be 100% certain he is going to heaven, and cannot claim that he "is saved." Neither can anyone

(1)http://www.vatican.va...
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

I have nothng else to say. I am 100 percent sure my sins are forgiven and I know I am going to heaven. I am saved. I'm sorry Con is not saved. If you are not saved, you are not goig to heaven. I am saved . Con should only speak for himself and not for me. Con cannot accept the fact that I am saved and going to heaven because he is not saved and believes nobody is saved here and now. I am saved here and now and forever. Con is correct, I'm being repetitive. I cannot prove somthing that Con will not accetpt. I have recieved the gift of God which is eternal life through Jesus Christ, through faith in His blood which He gave to pay for my sins, I know I have eternal life now, I know I am going to heaven. The only people who cannot believe this is possible for me to know without doubt are the people who do not know, such as con who admits he is not saved. I'm sorry for them, and I do expect more of them will be voting here. Con can have all of the points. It does not matter if con gets all the points and double for all of the points. Don't let Con convince you that you cannot be saved and know it now. If you are not saved, you need to be saved now. If you are not saved, you are lost and the Pope can't change that, only Jesus Christ Himself can save you. There is no hope in the Pope. The Pope is a fraud, and that is why the Catholics say you cannot be sure of being saved now.......they keep you working, paying, and never able to do enough or pay enough to get saved. The truth is you never can do enough or pay enough to be sure you are saved..........not even the Pope can do enough or pay enough to get saved. Not even the entire Vatican city is enough to buy a ticket to heaven. Catholicism is lies, idolatry, religious slavery of uncertainty. I am saved. My sins have all been paid for by God Himself with His sinless blood. That's enough. Nothing more could is necessary, and nothing less could pay my debt. God Himself paid. I don't have to pay the Pope, and the Pope cannot pay for me........the Pope could not pay enough to remove his own sins.......or con's, and con knows it. That is why con knows he is not saved. It does not matter if I win or lose this debate, I know I am gonig to heaven, I am 100 percent sure, I am saved, the real prize has already been won for me, I have eternal life!!!!!! Con loses if he does not get saved, and for now he is lost as he clearly stated he is. Who gets the most votes and wins the debate is not important. Who is saved and goes to heaven and who is lost and is cast away into fire of hell forever is what is important. Con needs to get saved now before it's too late.
zmikecuber

Con

Well now. My opponent demonstrates an incredible ignorance of what I'm saying. I'll admit that we can have a reasonable knowledge of whether or not we will go to heaven. However, as I have shown, it's impossible to be 100% certain.

Everything my opponent says about Catholicism is besides the point, and has nothing to do with the debate.

He concedes all my points, and has not presented any arguments of his own.

I strongly urge that you vote Con.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Con said he is not saved, so I would assume that he knows he is not saved. He can say I am not saved, but he is wrong. I know I am saved, I am one hundred percent sure as I have stated ad nauseum, and I have repeated stated why I am sure.
Con cannot speak for me, because he does not know what it means to be saved and he is rejecting the idea of being saved here and now, which is an event that happend in the past (repented of my sin, believed on the resurrected Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ, and received Him as my life who gives me eternal life) and remains continues as a currecnt fact forever. I am saved. I know my sins are forgiven and I am going to heaven. I am 100 percent sure. I will always be 100 percent sure. Untill I draw my last breath I will be 100 percent sure. Even if I lose my faculties, I know I was saved before my faculties were lost and God Himself will keep me saved forever and when my time in this body of death is finished, I will be go to heaven, I will be with the LORD forever!

Con can never prove that I am not 100 percent sure I am going to heaeven because I am 100 percent sure!! Con does not have to believe me. Con admits he is not saved and he cannot be 100 percent sure of going to heaven like I am. I say less that one hundred percent sure is not going to heaven..........it's going to "who knows where?" I know where I am going. knowing is knowing, it is one hundred percent sure.

I did not ask for this debate to prove that I am going to heaven. That cannot be proven here. It has to be believed before it can be known. It has to be known to be believed. I know it and I believe it, I believe it and I know it and I have repeated explained how and why I know it and I would not recant even if the Pope ordered me to be burned at the stake for heresy against Catholicism as Popes in the past have so ordered the deaths of many saints who knew beyond doubt that the blood of Jesus Christ had paid for their sins and secured their pardon and they were going to heaven. Fox's Book of Martyrs is one of the most highly recommended and esteemed historical records of the stories of people who refused to bow to those who insist they cannot know they are saved. Catholic theology has nothing to do with me being saved and going to heaven. Catholic theology is a false theology......it's not theology at all, it's religion. Religion is not theology. Knowing God is theology. Through Catholic theology, you can only know Catholic theology and it is nothing but religion that can never save you. That is why zmike is not saved. He is trusting in a religions theology instead of trusting a person who he can know as His Saviour now. I am saved. I'm sorry zmike is not saved. I hope he gets saved. I hope everybody who reads this is saved or gets saved before it is too late. Again, I want to thank zmike for helping me on another trolling expedition.

If Catholicism has nothing to do with the debate, why did Con use the vatican website as his reference source in the first round. Con asserts he is not saved and then uses a Vatican website as reference for support in the first round, then says Catholic theology has nothing to do with this debate. Con is espousing Catholic dogma by insisiting that he nor nobody else can be 100 percent certain they are going to heaven. Con is trying to use his favorite trick, the doublehorned argument........I believe he calls it the horned argument, I call it double-talk.

The only point zmike makes which I concede to is his assertion that he is not saved. He says this is true and I believe Him, I will concede that he is not saved. I will also concede all the points from the voters to him for this debate, but not because he has shown I cannot be 100 percent certain that I am saved and going to heaven. This point I can never concede, will never concede, and cannot lose on by any number of votes against the fact that I am 100 percent certain I am saved and going to heaven. I simply expect that more people will vote in favor of my opponent due to the fact that the vast majority of people in the world will insist the same as Con that they cannot be certain they are saved. Their uncertainty will never change my certainty.

Con is confused about my whole argument because being confused goes along with being lost (i.e.,, not saved) He would not be confused at all if he would only stop bing stubborn insisting he cannot be saved and get saved.

Accepting Jesus as your Saviour means to be born again. We are all born of flesh, earthly parents, inherited death from them due to their sin. We need to be born again to be saved. When we realize we are lost and admit to God's right to punish us for our sin, we accept our death which Jesus took for us on the cross, and we believe on His resurrection, and we call on Him to save us, He will come in to us by His Holy Spirit. So by an act of our will in agreeing with Him and believing on Him, we have opened our hearts door to Him and He came in giving us a new heart, a new Spirit, His Holy Spirit and we have been born again. I am born again. I am a new creation in Christ Jesus. I have eternal life. I am born of His Spirit, washed by His blood...........you must be born again or you cannot see the kingdom of heaven. If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His. I am property of God, bought and paid for by the blood of God the Son, and kept by Him for Him for His own honor and for His own glory. The meaning of life is that God is good. He is giving you time to be saved. Get saved now before it is too late. Recieve the new birth. Recieive the Lord your God as your Saviour. Repent, and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. I am a child of God, born of His Spirit, you can be too if you are not already.
I know, 100 percent sure, that when this body of death condemned by sin is finished, I will be forever changted to be perfect in every way like the Lord Jesus Christ who died in my place, and I will be with Him forever, the me He wanted me to be from the moment I was conceived in sin. One day all the sin in my body will be gone, and in my new body through the second birth given by God by His Holy Spirit through the LORD JESUS CHRIST, I will glorify God and praise Him and His Holy Name forever.........I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever, and this will testify agaisnt the smoke of the torments forever rising from the Lake of Fire which is the second death for all who refused to be saved and trampled under foot the blood of their Creator who gave Himself a ransom to pay for their sins........and rose to justify all who believe on Him. Why don't you get saved? It's not because you cannot, it's because you will not if you will not. Won't you get saved and make my trolling expedition more productive? You don't have to. I suppose God knows I'm trying to bring you in to Him to get saved.
I don't want anybody to burn in hell. God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. Most people will refuse to be saved. I hope you will be one of the few to be saved. Get saved now before it is too late. Please. For your own good, get saved.

Zmike does not know the future for zmike. I know the future for me, and it's all good. God promised it, God did all the work to gaurantee it, and God Himself will perform it. The only thing God could not do for me to get saved is to force me to repent of my sins. His goodness led me to repent of my sins and seek and find His mercy through His blood which He in love gave to pay for my sins, even at the price of death on the cross.

I stongly urge you to get saved. If you get saved, you will be 100 percent sure, like me, that I am going to heaven and Con will be lying against your Saviour if he says you cannot be sure you are going to heaven. If you are 100 percent sure you are going to heaven, it seems you would have to vote against con. This is the reason why I think it's pointless for me to expect or hope to win this debate. Most people will remain proud like con insisiting they cannot be saved and cannot be sure they are going to heaven. You need to be sure where you or going or you can be sure you are in danger of fire of hell.
I could never vote for con on this debate. I guess that is why he chose to debate against me......because he knows I would vote against his blind assertion of something he does not know........he blindly asserts that I am not going to heaven. He is wrong. I want people to get saved more than I want people to vote for me. You can know for sure that your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven. If you insist that you cannot know, you will not know. If you your death is finalized while you hold that attitude, you are in trouble and you don't know how much trouble you are in....but you will find out. Don't be a proud brave fool. Get saved before it's too late. Repent.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
you didn't claim to disprove anything but you did debunk........so disproving is not debunking, and debunking is not disproving..........actually, you have proven that you love double talk as a smokescreen of confusion..........and you proved you are a bold faced liar, which I can document in your posts here and in other debates..........and you think God will look at you as somebody who has the right to be spared from the fire of hell forever?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
You have debunked nothing, You have only asserted that you are not saved, and you do ntot know where you are going and you cannot prove where you are going. I know where I am going, I know how and I know why and I know when.......and I know the One who accomplished my salvation. I know where He did it, I know when He did it, I know why He did it, I know how He did it, and I know who He did it for. He did it for me and for you, but you are saying you cannot know that He did enough to save you so you won't be saved. You do not know what you are talking about. You are lost. I am saved. You are in danger of fire of hell. As long as you deny the power of God to save you now, you won't be saved. If you are not saved, you are lost. You are deluding yourself thinking you have middle ground to worlk on so you can prove you are worthy to be saved. You are worthy of nothing but death, and you remain under death penalty now in the first death and forever in the second death, the lake of fire, if you don't get saved from it. You are making the worst mistake a person can make.......and you have no excuse from God's judgement.
Posted by zmikecuber 2 years ago
zmikecuber
I never said I'd disproven anything to you. It's obvious you're not convinced. I'm just saying that I've debunked the idea that we can know for sure that we are going to heaven.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Warning you of the danger you are in is not judging you. You are in danger of hell fire. You need to be saved from it, and you can be saved, but you are rejecting God's offer of pardon. You can't earn forgiveness any more than you can earn the air you breathe. If you could earn forgiveness. All you can earn is death, and that is what you are getting....it's what you are in........I guess I'm wasting my time trying to tell you God loves you and you can be saved now. You don't want to be saved. You want to go your own way, trying to impress God and yourself and others with how good you are, stroking your own ego. You are fooling yourself.

The Pope can't save you, the Catholic church cannot sell you favors from God, Mary is an idol of Catholicism that cannot give any life to anybody, the Priests of Catholicism have no power to pronounce absolution of sins, the saints of Catholicism cannot answer your prayers. Any aparently supernatural endorsements of Catholicism are nothing but demonic orchestrations or performances designed to support ignorance against being saved.
The Catholic Church is the great whore of the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
Catholics make great Christians if they get saved.
If you are not saved, you are not a Christian no matter what you claim to be or pretend to be.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
You have disproved nothing for me...........you can only pretend to know my future is uncertain based on the uncertainty you have about your own future. I am certain that you do not know where you are going, and that is the definition of lost. You are lost. If you are not saved, you are lost. You do not know what you are talking about beyond the fact that you are not saved and you know you are not saved. If others say they are not saved, you can agree with them. You do not know what you are talkign about when you say I am not saved. I know I'm saved and I know you do not know what it means to be saved because you are not saved. You may persuade others to vote in favor of your overstretch of assertions applied to everybody in the world, but that is only because they, like you, do not know where they are going and won't admit that they, like you and me both, deserve to burn in the fire of hell forever and need to be saved from it before it's too late. I am saved. You are in danger of hell fire. And if you say you are a Christian, you are a liar..........which you have said and you have proved in more ways than one. Yep, you are not a Christian. I have disproved that. Too bad debating can't get anybody relief from the fire of hell. You, boy.....or young man, if you have aged that much since you registered.......are in danger of fire of hell. You are not so smart as you think you are. By your own words you are not saved. It's fire of hell you need to be saved from, and somehow you think you do not deserve to burn there, and somehow you think you are too good for God to treat you like garbage to be burned. Your pride burns agaisnt God, and cries out for what it is.......burning forever against your Creator who gave Himself to be your Saviour but you insist on finding a way to prove He owes you what He offers to give you. He owes you nothing and never will owe you anything other than what your pride is..........burning apart from God.
Posted by zmikecuber 2 years ago
zmikecuber
Nope, I've already disproved that.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Mike, your claims are epistemic but wrong..........it's false teaching you are following. The only thing true about what you are teaching is that you are not saved. This is the only thing you can be certain of in any of your statements, and the only thing you stand by. You can only speak for yourself. I know I am going to heaven, I am 100 percent certain. You by your own admission are not saved. I am saved. You don't know what you are talking about other than that you are not saved.
Posted by zmikecuber 2 years ago
zmikecuber
I'm not judging anyone's fate. I'm just arguing against an epistemic claim that he's making. There's a biiig difference.
Posted by Jifpop09 2 years ago
Jifpop09
Zmikecuber, in the bible it says that judging others fates will lead to hell.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
You are either fooling yourself or you are just plain dumb if you think it was Santa who ate the cookies you left.
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
zmikecuberLifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct- Pro did not adhere to the rules. S&G- Pro used poor paragraphing which made it difficult to read his debate while Con presented his arguments nicely. Arguments- hands down Con. Pro cannot be certain he is going to Heaven. Sources- Con used one while Pro used none. (hey! That rhymed!) Need I say more?
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Geogeer
zmikecuberLifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to make a substantiated argument.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
zmikecuberLifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Pro must put in the last round "No arguments as agreed." If he does not, this will result in a 7 point lost.", "The reason I said failure to abide by the rules I set would result in a 7-point loss, is because otherwise my opponent would have an unfair advantage." What? Couldn't he have started in round one...? Nevertheless, even if we ignore the fact that pro broke the rules, con makes stronger points while pro fails to do so, just repeating himself.
Vote Placed by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
zmikecuberLifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Although pro did not meet the burden of proof... it was adorable. "Santa ate the cookies I left for him" adorable
Vote Placed by Sojourner 2 years ago
Sojourner
zmikecuberLifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct and arguments to Con as Pro simply used this forum as a soapbox, and didn't even do THAT very well. "Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope." - 1 Peter 3:15 Pro appears not to have an explanation nor a reason. Sources to Con as Pro had none.