BlindBeliever
Everything

Liking is the lack of disliking, disliking is the default.

BlindBeliever

Pro

In reality, the 'dis-' prefix should be applied to the liking side of things.

Like means like and dislike means dislike in this debate depsite the resolution, I am not flipping the words. I have invented a word 'dislikable' for the sake of conveying how this should actually be the one lacking the prefix. I know it's not real but this shouldn't be considered in my grammar vote because I've invented it for the purpose of conveying my points efficiently.

There is something to dislike about absolutely anyone but there is not necessarily something to like about everyone. That in itself shuts this case airtight but for the sake of entertaining the audience, I shall expand on less airtight angles.

If someone is liked by someone, they have simply shown such a severe lack of things to dislike that the person can tolerate the few things they dislike in the person because it is outweighed by the lack of other things that so many other strangers/people possess which irk the individual.

So what of extreme extroverts? What of the naturally popular? They are always the same; they either intentionally mimic or unintentionally possess qualities that are seen as non-dislikable by the norm of that society. Yes, I literally used the phrase non-dislikable because likable is simply not the way to put it and shouldn't be.

If I come across someone I have never met before do I like them? Not in the slightest. Do I dislike them? Initially I do and until they give me reason to loosen this disliking to them I will hold them at the safe distance that anyone would hold a stranger.

So what is hate and why are enemies a minority in a person's life? Hatred is actually very rarely to do with dislike. People you really dislike, you end up avoiding but people you hate have some attributes that you fail to dislike while everything else about them is so severely atrocious that you end up loathing them for possessing enough of certain features for you to either envy or not truly ignore them.

Does the mouse hate the cat? Indeed, the cat possesses a body size and level of agility that the mouse fails to despise. On the other hand, would the mouse ever trade places with the cat overall? Not until the bitter end. The mouse is content with what it is, it just happens to accept that certain attributes of the cat aren't dislikable but the mouse wishes they were.

Frankly, I'm even a bit confused myself how to explain this but I'm so sure it's true, I'll see if someone can attack it.

If you try and reverse this it won't work. Try reversing it and I will show you how easy the reverse alignment of things falls apart.

There are people who dislike everyone but no one who likes everyone. That is pretty much another airtight point.
Everything

Con

Most people don't start off disliking everything, they start off on a default neutral stance. It takes the initial encounter and then following encounters for people to form their opinions about someone or something. So dislike is not the default of peoples' opinions. Its is not possible for someone to dislike something they don't know exist. People don't walk into restaurants, theaters, social sites ect automatically disliking everyone there. Liking and disliking comes AFTER the experiences with someone or something not before.

P.S Fuq whiteflame. :)
BlindBeliever

Pro

This 'neutral stance' is impossible to hold once meeting someone. At the point of meeting initial hostility and inhibition is felt, hence 'stranger danger'.
Everything

Con

Stranger danger is a program to have kids fear people they don't know and that carries over into adulthood for a lot of people. Still, neutrality is the default stance that all people have, not dislike, cause a person can not dislike or like what they don't know. I have met a lot of people and I haven't felt hostility for someone in about five years. Inhibition comes out shyness and shyness isn't out of disliking. I'm a really shy person so I would know. I tried to beat that by walking all around town and trying to get to know people.. I failed miserably at that not cause I disliked everyone but cause I have like a mental shutdown and my mind becomes a wasteland. I no longer have my shyness anymore though for once I started going to school and a job that puts me in the forefront of talking to people and stuff... People do not dislike by default people want to like others. People want friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, children so on... It is more logical to say that like is default then dislike cause it is human nature for interconnectedness. However, neutral is the correct word for it cause no one can like or dislike something without first having some kind of interaction with it, him, or her

I don't walk in and meet someone and think... Where do I punch this bitch should things go down? Not a single thought of aggression is felt. ushing thoughts say and lack of them
BlindBeliever

Pro

BlindBeliever forfeited this round.
Everything

Con

Everything forfeited this round.
BlindBeliever

Pro

BlindBeliever forfeited this round.
BlindBeliever

Pro

BlindBeliever forfeited this round.
Everything

Con

This was bull_shit
Posted by Everything 1 year ago
Everything
That was weird.. I was going to say that Rushing thoughts that people have before and during a discussion which can lead to awkward silence and and end of a discussion is not proof of their dislike for that person he/she is talking to.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
liking this
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Pretty much anyone who votes against your S&G (assuming it follows the sample offered), is just voting their bias, and should be reported.