boredinclass
neopuff

Link from "ocarina of time" would win in a fight against samurai Jack.

boredinclass

Pro

Obviously this isn't a serious debate, I just want to have fun against whoever accepts it

But I find it interesting how similar these characters are. They both face tremendous evil. They both have sacred blades. They both travel into the future. But enough on that, let's begin

Definition- fight- an armed conflict
Win-to kill or incapacitate your opponent

Contention 1

Link is smarter and more quick-thought. He was able to train for the encounter with gannon by going through a few temples. In the time of about a week, he was able to collect the first three gems of power, and then in a few weeks, he was able to collect all the sage medallions. All the enemies he fought, he had no training for. Jack's enemies were tired and predictable. But link had to learn the weakness on the battle field. He didn't have time to train, and even without training, he was able to destroy gannon anyway. And all the enemies link fought were different, he couldn't always charge his problems head on, he had to discover a weakness. [3]

Contention 2

Link has the help of the 6 sages and the powers of the goddesses. Plus he has the fairy Navi help him through difficult situations. [1]

Contention 3

Link has many tools, link is armed for every situation. [1} He has many tools. Even if Jack were to cleave him in two, a fairy would come out and revive him. He is ready for any possible battlefield. While Jack is only armed with a sword.

Contention 4
Link is battle-trained. He has fought everything from Fiery flame dragons to gigantic ghosts to twin witches [4]. This gives him the advantage of contention 1. He has slain all his enemies and never failed on a mission. He knows how to use his environment as an advantage. Even when he was at a clear disadvantage, he still managed to pull through. Plus, he killed a giant arachnid with a slingshot and some seeds. [4]

Contention 5
Jack's sword is powerless against link. Although it is powerful, it has no special power against one who is righteous.[2]. Jack has no advantage over link, because his blessed sword will not work on link.

[1] http://www.zeldawiki.org...
[2] http://samuraijack.wikia.com...
[3] http://www.zeldawiki.org...
[4] http://www.zeldawiki.org...
neopuff

Con

This is kind of difficult to debate, considering just the fact that Jack only fights evil, so I have to assume that he's fighting an alternate-universe Link [I don't know the Zelda series very well so I'm gonna try my best here as a huge Samurai Jack fan haha] that's evil or at least somewhat corrupt.

Refutation 1

Although Link may be smarter, Jack has gone through years [I'll assume he's in his 20s, so let's say 15-20 years] of training and has much more battle experience. He's proven to be resourceful and observatory without the need for super-intelligence, not that he isn't smart for his time period, but he's not meant to be a genius. Saying Link is more quick-thought is really hard to say for me, since I know the character but not from that specific game. Jack is extremely quick-thought and comes up with excellent plans quickly and always manages to defeat his opponent. Saying Link didn't have to train shows that, once again, Jack has more experience and understanding of the battle. And going against your implications, Jack rarely charged his problems head on [excluding his first episode encounter with Aku, considering that was his first true battle experience]. He's tactical and also has to discover weaknesses of his opponents, shown throughout the series.

Refutation 2

Jack has the help of multiple soldiers, sailors, Vikings, robots, and aliens; all of which he encountered and helped throughout the series. However, this argument is whether LINK could defeat JACK, not whether Link & all his helpful companions can defeat Jack.

Refutation 3

The fairy healing him argument is refuted in "Refutation 2". Jack, although carries only a very powerful and spiritual sword, has proven capable of using almost anything as a weapon throughout the series. Jack is obviously ready for any battlefield, considering he could battle in his own time period or in a different time period in multiple locations shown (I apologize for repeating this phrase) throughout the series.

Refutation 4

And Jack's killed giant robotic beetles with only a wooden stick. Jack is much more battle-experienced and (adding to his original training) battle-trained than Link. He's fought everything from Vikings to robotic bugs to Genndy Tartakovsky's interpretation of a demon (possibly even the devil? His name is Japanese for "evil" but I can't be sure without sources, I promise to have for the next round and apologize for not having any this round). Whether or not Link has done all that, Jack's done it and more, without the help of a fairy to heal him every time he gets hurt.

Refutation 5

Like I said, Jack wouldn't be fighting at all if Link was righteous, so I have to assume that Link is not righteous in this situation. Jack's sword may be his primary weapon, but he could grab anything, a piece of wood, a rock, and be able to turn it into a weapon. He is resourceful enough to be able to improvise.

(Sorry, no sources right now haha. I'm on a hotel computer and I can only have one window open at a time).
boredinclass

Pro

For the debate's sake, let's consider that they are just fighting, we don't have a reason why, they just are.

Contention 1

Jack may have had the advantage of years of training, but this is disproven to be effective. During episode 1, Jack trained for (let's say ten years, because he looks ten when he starts off and then looks to be in his twenties). And yet, when he comes to face off with aku, aku defeats him by throwing open a portal in time. Jack fell for this. His training didn't prepare him for that. Link has to deal with his opponent evolving. Gannon evolved three times, and link was able to beat all three forms.

Contention 2

We are talking about one on one combat. The sages bless link and guide him throughout his jorney, they don't actually fight with him. Neither does the fairy, he just provides (annoying) commentary. Jack has no additional guidence

Contention 3

1st the fairy is a tool he uses, when he dies it revives him. That's just clairying. Just in standard form, link has tools for any situation. Plus, she said that Jack has fought through time, Link has fought under water, in volcanos, in a tree, in a fish, in the forest, in the desert and in a city. Link is ready for any battle field, Jack has only fought in two places for extended time. In the city, and in the forest

Contention 4
Link fought shadow gannon, and giant robotic beetles is impressive, but what about a giant ghost, and link barely touches the ghost. And he defeats the witches with his sheild! Link has fought theives of the gerudo tribe. Link has done way more than Jack.

Contention 5
Let's just assume that for the record they are fighting, but still, link has weapons ready to go for him even if he lost his weapons, then he would still be able to beat jack.

(don't sweat the sources, it's a fun debate)
neopuff

Con

Okay, then are they just sparring or fighting to the death? Most of Jack's strength comes from will of the battle so again it's all depending haha.

Refutation 1

True, Jack did not expect Aku to tear open a portal in time, however immediately before this Jack had mostly defeated Aku and was abut to strike the final blow. Aku, although this sounds dumb, cheated. There's no way to deny that, so anyone fighting Aku would've been unprepared to be flung into the future, even Link. There was no warning, Aku had never done this to anyone before, so there was no way for Jack or anyone fighting Aku to avoid that fate. But anyways, Jack also deals with Aku evolving. Simply for the fact that Jack fights future!Aku, and Aku had strengthened in the [I tried to find an amount of years, but I guess the distance Jack traveled into the future was never given...I'm gonna go with a couple thousand years] years between Jack's feudal Japan and the robot/alien future. Jack's enemies may not have evolved like Pokļæ½mon, where it's obvious and immediate, but his recurring opponent does get stronger between each fight.

And I should've included this earlier - but Jack's skills do not simply lie with his sword. He's a master archer, xiaolin fighter, and has learned inhuman abilities such as fast enough of speed to dodge bullets and the ability to jump hundreds of feet into the air.

Refutation 2

Then it's confusing - if the fairy can heal Link, does Jack only need to fatally injure Link once to "win", or does Jack have to kill the fairy and Link to win?

Refutation 3

Jack has not only fought in the city and the forest. Jack's fought in Aku's tower, a fiery interpretation of Hell, in midair among and on top of flying cars, a desert valley, a "never-ending" bridge, on a ship in the middle of a raging storm, in an underwater kingdom, outer space, and those are just examples I could find through episode summaries [it's unfortunate how few good summaries of these episodes are out there]. And he's fought in these places barefoot, in unfamiliar clothes that hinder his fighting abilities, in crowded places with hundreds of innocents he had to avoid hurting and save from being hurt at the same time, and in situations where he didn't understand anything or anyone around him. All of these places he fought major battles and saved innocents in. Jack has proven himself ready for absolutely any battlefield, even those that couldn't have existed during his original 10-15 years of training.

Refutation 4

Jack fought the world's "ultimate evil", a soul-stealing demon, a dragon demon, a giant lava monster, an army of zombies, a robotic ninja, a very angry Scotsman, a tribe of gigantic alien apes, and many, many more. Sure, Jack's never fought of ghost, but Samurai Jack is a tiny bit more sensical than Ocarina of Time, haha. And I recall Jack fighting witches at some point, but I can't find the episode, so maybeeee not. So I have to disagree, Jack's definitely fought more than Link.

Refutation 5

So Link can replenish his weapons in this fight, but Jack can't? Well then. Either way, Jack's defeated entire armies by himself, he wouldn't have a problem defeating one man with a thousand weapons rather than a thousand men with one weapon each.

(and cool, haha, I'm getting most of my info from the Samurai Jack wikia anyways)
boredinclass

Pro

1. Link went to face gannon, and gannon when he was on the brink of death, collapsed his tower, Link escaped AND rescued princess zelda, then went on to slay gannon. As does link, his opponents get stronger everytime

As do link, he can effectively cast the power of the gods and is a master archer too. Link has super strength due to the golden gloves. As he can also breathe underwater with the silver scale.

2. Ok, since you seem to be confused, The fairy cannot die, but he only has 2 but when he dies, it will revive him. This means that he can sustain three lives and there is a good possibility that Jack will die in those lives

3. So link and Jack have both fought in different enviorments, when they were not accustomed, however link has always prevailed in his enviornment

4. Link fought the world's ultimate evil. a man with power greater than the god's themselves, he even peirced the sacre realm and pushed good to the brink of death. Link has also fought zombies, and gigantic lava monsters. Link has definatley fought more monsters than Jack

5. So has link, he has done everything jack has done and more, he has defeated numerous soldiers for the dark lord gannon.

In conclusion, If samurai Jack and Link, the hero of time were to fight, It would be an epic battle. It would probably rage on for days, but in the end, link would emerge victorious because link has more skill and more quick thoughts. Even if you think that they are equal, then you must cosider that link has three lives, in which jack would become tired and unable to fight, and surely be defeated.

Vote pro
neopuff

Con

neopuff forfeited this round.
Posted by neopuff 6 years ago
neopuff
Argh, necessary apologies: it's my birthday today XD So I didn't get on until it was too late haha. Sorry bout that :P Well, to everyone who looks - since I know more people prefer Link to Jack, please base your decision on the actual debate rather than your previous opinion! Bias = lame. Thanks for the debate opportunity <3
Posted by boredinclass 6 years ago
boredinclass
We assume that he has everything
Posted by CiRrK 6 years ago
CiRrK
same, Zelda is one of my past times xD But isnt C3 dependent on him having a bottled fairy : )
Posted by joshuaXlawyer 6 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
sorry i love Zelda too much to argue against this.
Vote Placed by joshuaXlawyer 6 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
boredinclassneopuffTied