Cooldudebro
creationtruth

Literal Creationism (Pro) VS. Theistic Evolution (Con)

creationtruth

Cooldudebro

Con

First round is for acceptance. Good luck!
creationtruth

Pro

Accepted.

Since Con did not offer any definitions, allow me to:

Literal creationism - The position that God created all organisms as original kinds without the use of gradualistic processes, that the days of creation are literal 24hr days, that the Earth is approx. 6,000 years old, and that the Flood was a real, historical global catastrophe.

Theistic evolution - The position that God created all organisms via gradualistic processes over approx. 3.8 billion years, that the days of creation are allegorical, representing vast eons of time, that the Earth is approx. 4.5Gy old, and that the Flood was a local, Mesopotamian event.
Cooldudebro

Con

Cooldudebro forfeited this round.
creationtruth

Pro

creationtruth forfeited this round.
Cooldudebro

Con

Cooldudebro forfeited this round.
creationtruth

Pro

*Special Creation of Animal Kinds

"And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

. . .And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good" (Genesis 1:21,25).

*Six-Day Creation

"For in six days the"Lord"made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is. . ." (Exodus 20:11).

*~6,000 Year Old Earth

If Adam was created on the same week as the Earth, and the genealogical records from Adam to Christ allow for not much more than about 4,000 years of history, then it follows that the Earth must be around 6,000 years old.

*Global Flood

If the Flood covered all the mountains of the Earth under heaven, it follows then that this must have been a global deluge not merely a local event, especially given that every creature which breathes through its nostrils and lives on the land perished (Genesis 7:19-21).
Cooldudebro

Con

I'm sorry. I was grounded and I couldn't be on the computer. I would like to formally re-challenge my opponent. Since my opponent has the BoP, he needs to prove literal creationism is correct. All he used is the Bible, with no scientific evidence. Therefore, he has proved nothing.
creationtruth

Pro

creationtruth forfeited this round.
Posted by Kryptic 1 year ago
Kryptic
I 'could' argue for the side of creationism / intelligent design for the 10,000 year old earth and literal 6 day creation with a supernatural or spiritual intervention by gods hands and his grace. it's just that I couldn't respect my self if I did. I am doing theology and borderlining of what my faith is within the confines of Christianity.

As my faith has gained new insight in the revelation that jesus was not the only Christ like figure in the past that lived the life that he did, many other figures also did this.
The revelation that people who are advocates for creationism and intelligent design fall to logical fallacies every minute, as well as the revelation that there are parts of the bible that are dark, immoral, illogical or just wrong.
People turn the nobs of the bible to fit current scientific methods. Some just don't claim to know or to care, some are new aged, some are liberal, fundamental or legalistic with their views. Some are literal...

I would like to debate about faith though, why we have it, what made us change our minds or give this perspective, where it goes down to etc.

Perhaps on another discussion, goodluck though.
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
CooldudebrocreationtruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit. Con's assertion that Pro had the BoP was unfounded, and, while Pro forfeits as well, Con forfeited more rounds and did not present any arguments.
Vote Placed by Chaosism 1 year ago
Chaosism
CooldudebrocreationtruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Overall forfeit by Con. Although Pro forfeited a few rounds as well, he did at least provide some arguments.