warllamas
RaeTulo

Llamas are Omnivores

warllamas

Pro

Llamas don't only eat grass, but it has been reported that Llamas can eat meat. They will eat rats, snakes, fish, and even in extreme cases humans. This carnivorous trait is shared by a special type of Llama a Dark Llama.
RaeTulo

Con

Llamas are Herbivores.
"Llamas graze on grass and a variety of available plants. They are not especially picky, and can be fed various farm products and mixes that include corn silage, alfalfa and bromgrass." [BrightHub]
No meat there.
" Llamas eat grass hay, and sometimes grain. Alfalfa grass can be a little rich for them if they're on a steady diet. It's hard to get a llama to lose extra weight once they've put it on." [Llama Factsheet]
No meat there.
"Llamas eat grass, hay, and grain, and as browsers, also like bark and twigs.
For treats they love cut up apples and carrots" [graustarkllamas]
No meat there.

May I ask for your source about Llamas eating rats, snakes and humans?
warllamas

Pro

I thank my opponent for joining this debate.

The problem of her argument is simply that llamas can eat meat. But there is a huge propaganda industry run the the Us Government in order to destroy dissent and force everyone into this religion that llamas can't meat. This manipulative tool degrades the llamas which simply want to live in the arctic fighting polar bears alone away from the from the evil capitalist who want to cut down the ice trees in which they get there apples. Llamas shouldn't be viewed as a mindless beast who eats grass all day like the cow. Our culture is opposed to llama's and llama rights. We can't punish people for killing dogs because llamas are more intelligent and have a complex social organization called "whoever eats the most grass survives" It is a rational animal and determines ultimately the fate of human society.

Once me and my friend Joe Where walking down the through the evil forest forest (things fall apart) when we saw a llama with a dead big black grizzly bear in his mouth. He was chewing away fast like the 800 pound bear was a chew toy. The Llama stared at us with his eyes wide open like the lens of a camera. He instantaneously flung the bear at a 30 feet away tree which snapped right in half through the trunk. The llama ran towards us with the speed of a cheetah and some combination of spit and blood drooling out of its mouth. I saw the teeth sharper than any lion, no molars to speak of! Only bloody steel knives teeth! He leaped into the air and riped out Joe's heart which errupted into a bloody water fountain. "Stop , I cried don't kill him!" The llama growled at me in a hysteria of anger. Then I picked up a rock and chucked at it's face that was when all hell broke loose...

I arrived at the hospital barely alive, with 4 missing fingers, torn up legs which looked like like crunched up paper,and bite marks everywhere! The reason why I had survived was that a band of hunter gatherers had taken it out with a silver arrow. They hunted the wild dark llamas in the tropical forests. Anyway that is irelevant because I had to get over 9000 stiches. That is why I advocate mass genocide against all Llamas, especially the Dark Llama foul heathen!

Voters my real life personal experience is enough justification than any scrap of evidence. That is why I refuse to even show you a picture of my self and the bite marks. VOTE against LlAMA TYRAnTS AND Fascists. VoTE FOR gENOCIDE against the carnivorous Llamas!
RaeTulo

Con

Well, I do agree it is POSSIBLE that a Llama can eat meat. They have the ability, but they DONT eat meat.

Your story, while it sounds tragic, is also a completely biased source, and is hardly likely, as I showed in my earlier case, when I proved through multiple sources that Llamas don't eat meat.
For all I know, my opponent could be making this story up.
warllamas

Pro

According to Llama fact sheet, "Llamas do chew a cud, like cattle or sheep. But unlike cattle, llamas have only one stomach, which is divided into three parts. Llamas chew in a figure-eight motion and can spend hours at a time, just sitting and chewing their cud." This piece of evidence on llama biology proves that they have the ability to eat meat, because they have only one stomachache which is not seen in tylopoda (camels cows, sheep).

They do share the process of eating cud which is food that is digested multiple times. "Cud is a portion of food that returns from a ruminant's stomach in the mouth to be chewed for the second time" (Wikipedia).

Now that we have gone through the evidence of llama biology based on evidence we can conclude that llamas have the ability to eat vegetation and meat.

The Problem is that my opponent refuses to accept the cases of millions of people who are attacked by llamas each year! More than bear attacks which range in the lower hundreds.

Llamas are Hideous creatures which deserve nothing but the whip and the blade of the axe!

http://www.mefeedia.com...

The answer to all social problems is genocide of these foul demons.

"Llama is the opium of the masses" Karl Marx (The Communist Manifesto)
RaeTulo

Con

I do not "refuse" to accept anything. If it were true, I would accept it.
However, I've proven through multiple sources that Llamas are herbivores, and don't eat meat.
Good for you opponent. You've proven Llamas have the ABILITY to eat meat.
But here's the deal, they don't USE this ability to eat meat.
And that's exactly my point.

My opponent states that hundreds of people are attacked by llamas each year (?)
We're not arguing this.
We're arguing whether Llamas EAT humans, which is not true.

So since I've upheld my points through multiple sources, vote con.
Posted by aldooffline 7 years ago
aldooffline
heh this is a funny topic...
Posted by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
Pro had me going for a minute, thinking he might have some real evidence. Actually, a very short minute.

I read that llamas are used to guard sheep from predators. The llama goes over and stares at whatever is trying to sneak up on the sheep, thereby blowing the cover. Maybe the llama could be trained to attack ...
Posted by RaeTulo 7 years ago
RaeTulo
"Could have."
not likely though.
Attacked and Ate are two different things.
If a guinea pig bites your finger, that doesn't make him an omnivore.
Posted by warllamas 7 years ago
warllamas
Spanky the llama could have killed and eaten that poor old man farmer!!! HOW could you say that llamas don't eat humans, you don't know! Llamas kill more people than rabbits and goats!
Vote Placed by aldooffline 7 years ago
aldooffline
warllamasRaeTuloTied
Vote Placed by shartta 7 years ago
shartta
warllamasRaeTuloTied
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
warllamasRaeTuloTied
Vote Placed by XimenBao 7 years ago
XimenBao
warllamasRaeTuloTied
Vote Placed by mpthemaster 7 years ago
mpthemaster
warllamasRaeTuloTied
Vote Placed by DavidSSabb94 7 years ago
DavidSSabb94
warllamasRaeTuloTied